1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important! How does the community feel about an elected Arkadian Government?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Few Scars, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Fellow Arkadians

How would you feel about an elected Arkadian Government, consisting of active Arkadian players who liaise with Arkadia Studios on matters important to the Arkadian population. This formal structure could be useful and add an exciting opportunity to players to help contribute to their favourite planet.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Bjorn

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. slither

slither Active Member

You don't need some guy to pass on ideas to arkadia team, simply contact them yourself.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I encourage everyone to contact the devs directly. I've found them to be very open to respectfull discussions.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Orpheus Clay Blades

Orpheus Clay Blades Member

5. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

Since our devs are actually listening to their player base, I really don't think we need one more intermediary / filter between us and them in the form of a government.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

The major problem of any democratic elected group, whether it be a government or just the board of the local golf club, is human nature.
    The individuals involved may be very honest people, but they will still have their own opinions and agendas. We all hear what we want to hear, rather than hearing the true intent of the speaker. This will cause them, often unwittingly to filter and colour the information they are passing on.
    By speaking directly with the PP representatives we reduce the risk of this happening, reduce not eliminate as they are human too.

As for an elected government, that would imply they have some power to regulate the players on Ark, or make specific demands of the PP, I could not support that in any way, there would be no guarantees at all that they would genuinely represent their electorate any more than our elected representatives do in RL.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."
    John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton(1834–1902).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Sorry but we do not need a government. The A-Team from the start has made it one of their main goals to keep the player base in the loop. so we are the government already.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  8. Orpheus Clay Blades

Orpheus Clay Blades Member

So to clarify MA and ND are the one pushing for government ingame, I think we could do it better than them.

9. krazykat

krazykat Active Member

If MA and ND are pushing for government ingame, I'd say that was a good reason for not doing it. As others have said, we can talk to the A-team directly, we do not need someone to do it for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Um, ok? -rep us all I guess.

How? Lets see we start a government in a game (not owned by us). Then demand change. Find we don't get change. Debate over it..yell at MA saying we are now the owners and they are not listening to our demands. All goes to hell..over what? Unless of course you mean to create a government that will have no power and is here just for the fun of it. Then yes you are very right.

11. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I'm against politicians. There's none on entire world that can be trusted. I learnt from the best worst corrupt politicians in the world: "Brazil congress".
    In my point of view, all politicians should be treated as China treat their worst offenders, a bullet on the back of the head and the family pays the bullet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

How will this work? One aud per vote?

13. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

Since the op asks for opinion then I fail to see why the -reps, instead of reasoned argument.
    Since you are short on detail of how you would see this operate, what powers such a 'government' would have, how it would operate, how the voting system would work etc, it is difficult for any of us to reply in more than the broadest brushstrokes.
    My first question is why call it a government ? It would have no regulatory power, no authority to make decisions or to enforce action. It would therefore be just a talking shop. If you want a forum to collate ideas then we have one, you are using it right now.
    Why waste time, resources and probably ped to create a situation that can only lead to personal conflict (see all the posts re Mr President Neverdie for examples) to replace something that works and is fairly trouble free.
    If you have an agenda and aspirations then be straight up and say so. We can then at least see if your case has validity.

What would be more fruitful would be a proper discussion how any 'elected body' in EU could make a difference, how they could operate, and most importantly whether MA could be made to accord them an respect and actually listen. Tbh this game already has an effective democracy (without politicians) as we can all vote with our ped.. to spend or not to spend is our unalienable right.

Certainly hope not as that would give controlling votes to ped investors who may play little if at all, as opposed to those that not only play EU, but are active on Arkadia

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. wournos

wournos Active Member

No more government crap please. It would probably just split the community. It's enough with this "presidency" :poop:.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

why does everyone seem hell bent on turning virtual reality which is fun into a direct copy of real life?

This is supposed to be a fun entertaining game not a reflection of mundane daily crapulance.

Any more of this president/government crap and I'm changing my name to Lee Harvey Oswald...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

oh, then could I be...
    [​IMG]
    Donald Trump?

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Slapper

Slapper Member

Why do we need a government on Arkadia?
    Things seem to run alright as they are so why attempt to change this state of affairs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Government is not needed. Arkadia is probably the only PP able to govern themselves just fine.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Dove

Dove Active Member

Hmm what is in it for you, I dare ask ?

So far I have had NO PROBLEMS with ark dev's / management, any & all issues still pending on Ark has had their origin or area of responsibility articulated somewhere on this forum; albeit that they are waiting for players to catch up to content or MA is still busy addressing the issue on their priority system which will make no sense unless you have invested in MA and do not actually play the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RavenJade

RavenJade Active Member

Vote Raven 2017... I promise a bloody good time....

Nah this is a trend... and we don't need to be sheep. Just because we had one virtual election already (With only one real candidate so that should tell you something right there) doesn't mean we need to form more virtual governments. Why complicate your gaming life any more than it already is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.