1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you like the changed loot distribution?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by zume, Feb 22, 2012.

1. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Hey all.. Saw the discussion on PCF, and since i noticed the changes myself, i decided to make a little discussion here..

It seems that after this latest VU, MA has changed the loot distribution drastically.. I am on Caly, but I can tell that ive shot quite a few Argos since the update, and I hardly have ANY no looters.. The general loot is smaller, but almost no yellow lines or fragment loots.. before in time I could have 1 loot and then 9 no looters, now I have maybe 19 loots and 1 no looter or fragment loot.. If not even more rare than that..
    What i can see so far, even tho there's far less no loots and the avg loot pr mob is smaller, I do seem to get the normal amount of "better loots" (with argo's for instance 40 Iron and such loots)..

Can anyone tell me about their experiences on Ark, and how do you guys like it??

I personally like it.. avg loot pr mob might be smaller, but it IS less depressing with so little no looters.. With the change being so drastic on smaller mobs, I wonder if big mobs like Levis where no loots hurt has gotten those totally eliminated??

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Loot has been good for me today on madana but I am still getting no loots and fragments. I'm not convinced there is any actual change.

3. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Can confirm. Killed some 50 Carabok, then about 100 bigger Ostelok. Maybe 4-5 "No loots" in all of these. And just some few fragments.

Cannot help, I like it ;-)))
    Even if there's not more loot when added, it just feels better, for me ;-)

Have a good time!

4. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

could be cause and effect lots of ppl log on after a VU to see whats new and try to get a new item. more loot in pool means less no loots. hard to say if loot ever does change when i think the community has an effect on it.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Same on caraboks, almost no looters. Ofc, I don't think the amount of loot is any different from before (actually, it's been really bad for me), just lower average loots.

Before this update, space mobs gave me almost zero no-looters, and they're nowhere near levis in hp. I haven't tried them yet since the update.

6. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

from what I noticed today I dont like it, and it will probably mean less items available to drop etc..

No looters isn't fun but we know it balance out over time...

7. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

For new players and people on a budget is great. Items can be crated if you need them. But if it would be true, and they reduced variance - and I do not know this to be true, but I will go with it - most people will have a much easier time playing and in the end, economy will benefit out of this a lot.
    Some people can deal with the loot any way it may be if it stays fair. But most people will never understand and their goal is to play the game, not to fight the loot system.
    For items, one can always hunt bigger mobs that global and hof all the time.
    If MA did such a change, they have my respect. If it would be true, playing for fun would become an option. I may even start hunting myself after all this time...

8. Xandra

Hi,

In my tests yesterday there was significantly less no-looters, in an amount that clearly points to a change.

I appreciate this, even if the amount of loot over time doesn't seem to have changed. It adds a bit of excitement every time I loot a mob, "maybe this one has something nice?"
    Opposed to the old "Does it have something at all? Oh noes, again a yellow line ..."

It just feels better. Excitement, instead of frustration.

I think it's quite remarkable that something like this has happened at all.

Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  9. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

My own experience so far tells me that no loots ofc isnt eliminated completely, but reduced to very little.. At the same time the TT pr loot has gone down, so it "fills" out the no looters.. Avg return is still the same from what I can tell.. and ive done small Argos, Small snables, Saba wave, caly punys.. All with much less no looters but smaller "normal" loots.. From what I can tell, the "bigger" loots are the same, but I cannot be sure of that.. I need a decent pedcard and some bigger mobs before I can say that for sure..

GOD I hope that Ark-20 soon sells on Caly so I can split the ped with my BF (calypsian, bahh) and go HOME!!

I hope to see more Arkadians post here, and GLADLY with more detailed info's about their hunts.. :)

10. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I was roped into a small test with some soc mates and the no looters do appear to have been decreased. I tested the three mobs that hunt - oro, jori and halix. However I have to say I've had days like this in the past (didn't make a profit then either).

On the halix I had 16 loots in a row but on two short runs I made on them I got about a 70% tt return (no markup included) which is average for me at the moment, looting a weapon usually puts me into a tt profit, so the return doesn't seem affected but we're more likely to get more low level crap that no one wants rather than a nice item.

Halix hide and muscle oil seemed to be dropping far more often than compared to the month prior to the vu.

The final run I made was a mixture of oro, jori and halix where I checked if it was on all mobs and the return dropped to 41%. Lots of no loots but I was bored by then and logged out.

Each run was made with a single enblade-a until it decayed and a very short run on a mob seems to make the returns even worse, not a surprising result tbh.

Not an exhaustive test but probably closer to what a newbie might do compared to a 12 hour grind from the die hards. Maybe this is one of the changes Kim was talking about when he said they were trying to fix something to get new players to stick around for longer, granted he's supposed to be Calypso but more than once he's made it obvious that he's had access to stuff other pp's don't and had a hand in the platform development.

11. Medeina

Medeina Member

I've spent a few hours hunting Oro since the change. While average loot is lower, I've been getting very few no loots compared to earlier. In the end, returns seem to be similar. More smaller loots instead of fewer larger loots average the two systems out. As others have stated, it just feels better getting something most of the time.

12. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

So far....My only hunt (I just did) I got 200% return TT not including the item so I like it so far.

I have a feeling I'll be MA raped in the near future, but as of now, I can get very used to it.
    ;)

zero no loots and one nova loot (maybe 2?).

Tippin'

13. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

Spending around 100 ped ammo hunting Jori yesterday to collect Jori hides for textures, I got 2 times 4 no loot in a row and 1 time 3 no loot in a row, and a few no loot in between so I didn't feel any difference about the loot distribution before or after the latest update. But it may due to simple bad luck :p

14. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Thats roughly what I got when I switched to Jori and also why the last run that I mentioned earlier was so poor.

They may have adjusted the loot on a group of mobs on each planet to see if their popularity increases i.e. more ped spent on them before rolling it out across the board.

15. Lezardine

Lezardine Active Member

Hi all,

I can't tell anything from my own experience because I haven't checked it yet.
    But if that loot distribution change is real, it MAY be good for the crafting economy.
    I hope it'll bring more materials for crafting, reducing the prices on some items, thus encouraging miners/hunters to buy them and go fetch more materials etc :)
    It could benefit the whole economy.

.LeZ.

16. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I went and killed Oratan last night and did not notice any more even distribution of loots from them. Still got some no looters and some that just gave Nova's, pretty much as I always did. So if there was a change it really never effected the Oratan, from what I experienced, just so everyone knows.

17. Carny

Carny Member

Went around doing stage 1 on a bunch of mobs. 75 kiana, kadra, beladoth, huon and about 100 young-guardian trox last 2 days. not single no-looter. could be crazy odd/lucky streak, but usually a ton of no-loots on small trox, so seems something changed. small sample size, i know.

18. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Can't really say I've seen this change, from Oros to Beladoth to Scoria, still get no looters and still get fragments. I remember discussion going around since at least the previous VU that the loot system had somehow changed in this way, but all I see is my own personal loot cycle has been in the down trend since November so maybe I wouldn't notice it anyway lol.

19. Xandra

Hi,

Don't get excited yet, what you'll loot for a certain number of kills hasn't changed it seems. I only tried Carabok and big Ostelok, and after a certain number of 'em killed the combined loot wasn't different to before.

The difference was that I had a significant lower number of no-looters, and a lower average loot, this just than more often. This might rise the price of fragments, but might also lead to less frequent item drops (since the average loot amount has gone down to compensate the less no-looters).

And it might be that it's implemented in a few mobs yet, for a test.

Anyway, Ostelok had quite an amount of nice juicy hides at my last hunt, while Carabok had close to none. ;-)

Have a good time!

20. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I had been on RT after the change and decided to spend a day or two up there to do the Thing while I was there and to knock off some of the motorhead security. I have to say this is the first time in a long long time I have enjoyed solo hunting and not been frutrated to the point my BP rising to unstable levels.

I noticed a greatly reduced number of no looters and far less no looters with an icon (AKA fragments) Since the change I have hunted at the Thing, RT in several areas, and have been back on Caly a few days waiting till next saturday's soc hunt after which I will return home to Arkdaia to catch up on the many things I have missed there. I noticed that I got more item loots as well. Noting really special but it was truely a good thing to look at my loot window again. All in all I cycled well over 2k ped hunting which is more then I have done total in the last year and still have a fair amount of ped in the cycle process. It was enjoyable enough to me that I actually went thru with the items I looted along with ROG loot needed and tired up 3 of my finders and 4 of my weapons. I also managed to complete graduation by hunting so much as mining was only gaining me 1 to 2% progress a month. ( btw ADJ pixie and the correct plates rocks for Allophyl. Was doing stalkers in it during a hunting event and only needed avg heals. Of course I am sure the ASI 40 + a shear 70 amp made it a tad easier then my old gear)

Cant wait to get back to Ark and catch up on the new stuff and maybe get more into hunting again on a regular basis. Maybe finally get my skills above NUB status.