1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I justify buying Arkadian weapons with higher MU than P5?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Divide D. Impera, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Divide D. Impera

Divide D. Impera Member

Yes. How can I? I really want to help crafters out, but I do not intend on giving money away. Right now I can buy a P5 at 107.16% (I have seen as low as ~105%). Let's compare that to Herman CAP-202 Jungle being sold at 121%. CAP-202 Desert has a BO of 127%.

Are people paying this? Is this a reaction to crafters wanting to earn extra bucks or is the high market value a result based on supply and demand? Is the demand that high for arkadian weapons?

I also found that it will be hard for me to go through SIB on arkadian shortblades, but, I guess, that's another matter, and I do understand that crafters doesn't want to waste money crafting shit nobody buys.

What's your thoughts about that P5-thingy, though? Is this a result of supply and demand or crafters refusing to sell below?

EDIT: I would also like a reason to aim for some arkadian gear rather than Gremlin, but I doubt there are any good reasons. I mean, arkadian gear looks awesome, but Gremlin is UL and keeps its value.

2. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Its a result of Crafters needing to get just a little back when crafting.. Lots of resources has a rather high MU.. Hence the high MU on the Item..

3. Divide D. Impera

Divide D. Impera Member

I can understand that. I just don't know if I can afford to pay 20% of my guns TT value in MU over and over again. There's a reason I stopped buying Korss H400. How do we solve this issue where I wish to play eco and crafters need to get paid for their work?

4. Fishface

Fishface Adviser Arkadia Adviser

There are literally hundreds of different weapons in Entropia Universe. Some have different benefits than others. Some are good most of the time, some are good in certain situations, and some are outright bad.

The P5a is a good, eco gun. Many players use it as their weapon of choice for eco play. But each player has their own playstyle. For you, the P5a may be the ideal weapon just due to the low markup on it. Especially if you are concerned about eco to a great extent.

But what if the P5a were overkill on a certain mob? You certainly wouldn't want to use it on a small mob, where much of the damage will go to overkill. And also, what if you were planning to solo a bigger mob? Sometimes a P5a just isnt enough firepower.

In the end, it all comes down to your playstyle. For you, maybe the P5a is the right decision, just due to eco.

But by the same token, L armors are more durable than UL. Yes, an UL armor will still be there in the future, but you also have to continually pay to repair it, so it comes down to a question of whether it is more cost effective to repair the armor more frequently, but at TT price in the repair term, vs pay MU on a new armor part when the old one breaks.

Many times, it is actually cheaper to get the L armor, even with MU, because the durability is often so much more that it justifies it. Sometimes it is a very close decision. There are some mobs in the game that I will only use an L armor on.

Many people have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that an L armor can be more eco than an UL, but at the same time they will already know that an L gun can be more eco than an UL because you can max out the L one faster. The same applies to armor, because of the difference in durability.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Also, if the P5a is UL, the MU on it doesn't matter as much as if it were an L weapon. To figure out which is more eco for you, you'd have to actually try out the 202. Even with the markup, the CAP-202 might be more economical.

I find my maxed CAP-101 Arctic quite economical when paired with the hotfoot 10 amp (even after MU).

6. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Well it is a bit of an unfair comparison. If you play very eco at a certain level p5a is the best choice, and no weapon from any planet comes close to it.

But you want justification, so let's see:

p5a@ 107,16% : cost for 1 damage is: (0,938*1,0716+9?/41=0,244 pec
    CAP-202 Jungle@120%: cost for 1 damage is: (0,974*1,2+10,2)/46= 0,247 pec

So a p5a is 1,2% more efficient then CAP-202 jungle. Not really that much difference.

For the 1,2% more decay you get 20% more damage/sec. The increase is damange/sec lowers your decay cost per mob killed. So it depends on how big you hunt, but doesn't look too bad to me, even at the current markups.

To me it is basically the perfect upgrade gun after p5a.

To your question about the reason for the price difference: the p5a uses animal oil residue (101%) while other guns use metal residue (109%).

7. Boardian Chilix

Boardian Chilix Active Member Pro Users

View attachment 2255
    to make more justice you should compare weapons with same dmg/sec
    you can see here that at same dmg/sec are almost same econess than alternatives or more eco

you have to understand that for now we have to pay for click of L bps or build up the qr of the bps which means more costly to make them at the moment , p5as have been araund for years (Also note that P5a can use animal oil residue vs metal energy arkadian ones), they will get cheaper after a while its just now there are added costs

and if you want to save a few more peds find me and you will get better price as i am selling both guns atm, as those you were refering were mine and i always try to check with alternatives to offer at least same econess or better if possible than alternatives
    hope this help
    have a nice day

8. Divide D. Impera

Divide D. Impera Member

Thank you for all the replies. I have much to consider.