1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide

Discussion in 'Resources' started by bass, Jun 2, 2011.

1. bass

bass Member

I've noticed that many hides here in Planet Arkadia are really very nice...

Is there already a market for those? Or sell will boost when clothes will be lauched?

2. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

Well sure you can sell them, but as texture BPs based on the new hides and ores aren't out yet.. there probably isn't much of a market.

3. Golddude

Golddude Member

Yeah im good with the hide :D

4. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

The hides look great! Let me find a quote about Arkadian clothes and the date for those.

Plenty of time for you to collect. I'm sure I'll have enough in storage for a few full sets of clothing :D

5. Suu Miles

Suu Miles Member

Aren't specific mob hides rather used as textures to add some uniqueness to clothes while clothes themselves are crafted with the usual ores/wool and stuff?

Gonna be curious if that will change, there's not enough extractors in loot right now. Can't wait for new and shiny clothes :) saving up all my hides for the day!

6. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Thats the way it works and I wouldn't expect that to change.
    Originally if you wanted a trox coat you used Trox hides to create it but then we got the texturing profession and I cant see them killing a whole profession and revenue stream by reverting to an old system.

7. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

You are correct, there are some clothes however that require some specific hides to craft other than the usual basic ones, as well as various other craftable items in the L books for example. The extractors will help in making textures, but any shortage of them won't stop us crafting any new clothes unless something is completely changed in the tailoring system, which I don't expect. So looking forward to the new clothes, and yes the new hides are going to make some very nice textures as well :)

8. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Oro hides very beautiful, even they're just from a noob-mob, but still...

And even I can hunt those, for the hides they drop! :)

-- Hyssch --

9. Suu Miles

Suu Miles Member

Ah, right, didn't know that. Not much into tailoring, but yeah, those hides will make some great textures/clothes! Personally I prefer the beladoth and oweko ones :)