1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here we go

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Zont, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zont

Zont Member

Hello Peeps

So ive been sweating a lot and godt my frist few ped from the 1 k i sold and have about 3 k more to sell :)

Now I am wondering where to go from here i was thinking of trying out My luck with some hunting or perhaps some swanting... oh the Joy its going to be to do something els!! :)

Now what i need a bit of help with is what weapon to buy and what to Hunt... so what Would you guys do with the exp you have if you were to start where I am now ? Lets say i have 10 ped :)

Looking forward to hunting or swanting with you guys :)

- Zont

• Welcome! Welcome! x 1
  2. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Hunting will most likely result in a net lose (is the way the game is designed - that decay and ammo consumption to cost more than loot).

Swunting can be productive (if you enjoy it more than just sweating) and in this case I recommend you either caraboks (they are easiest), either monuras (they are harder, but the rewards in UA for the 500 missions are overpowered).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Zont

Zont Member

Where do I find the missions ?

4. Lovefall

Any IFN base (not academy!) at the IFN terminal.

My honest advice is to take them all; doesn't hurt to have them all just in case, for when you'll get to those mobs.

5. Zont

Zont Member

Now what weapon Would you All choose to start with ?

6. Lovefall

All TT weapons are decent options; personally for punnies I would recommend the fist, shortswords or pistol because their max damage is 5 (not 7), so lower chance of overkill.

7. Zont

Zont Member

Also what mob to choose to be most sure there will be profit or at least break somekind of even ? Skills matters too i guess can always sweat some more :2pec:

8. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

This is Very much a Personal Choice ;) It really depends what suits you and what you yourself get most enjoyment from.

There are arguments for and against most weapon classes and weapons.

Melee weapons - These will help in giving you additional health points as you use these but mean that you need to actually be close to any mob you are encontering this can also help with evade and skills but means you will get hit more.

Pistols - These will help with evade as you are closer to the mob when hunting them and also have a choise of Laser or BLP.

Rifles - These are ranged bigger so you can hit mobs further away - less evade skills but also choice of Laser / BLP & Plasma ( plasma tends to be very long range snagger to bring mob closer and out of a big spawn )

Mind Force - there are mindforce chips that again you can use to hunt with

Another Option is the entropia Universe Webshop

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/shop

There are Numerouse new starter packs available and the z12 barbella in them is a nice starter weapon depending on pack choices as well there are nice items with them and usefull also if you dont already have a mentor find one in your time zone and on the planet that you are on as when you then graduate you will be rewarded with adjusted musca armour and also a vehicle .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Zont

Zont Member

But swords dont use ammo ? Do they decly much faster then ? :) thanks for All the help ;)

10. Lovefall

Yep, melee weapons don't use ammo, which means they decay faster.

For TT weapons, they are balanced so all weapon types have about the same dpp cost (damage per pec) - for melee weapons all cost is in decay, for ranged weapons the cost is split between weapon decay and ammo cost.

For punnies, what would probably make the best option, would be the pistol, and here's why:
    - lowest damage (together with fists and shortblades) which means that you will have lower chance for overkill
    - some missions will reward you with Universal Ammo (which can't be sold), also you will lose quite a lot of shrapnel (which if converted to universal ammo instead of being sold gives you a 101:100 ratio) - if you are a melee user (like me) that ammo would be somehow wasted, while if you are on pistols, it will definitely be used.

But yeah, as Lizzy said, differences are kinda small, so it is more important what you enjoy most.

And, again, don't expect to make a profit or brake even from hunting. If this would happen, then MA would go bankrupted. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

I would recommend the starter pack (gold).

If not possible, then my personal recommendation is that you purchase a tt knife and swunt caraboks on your own.

I recommend this because as Sally pointed out this will make your avatar very tough and will equip him well for the future.

I started off as a non depositer, and for a year I fisted caraboks with a powerfist from another planet. However, now the tt machine has better options.

It must have been frustrating for my mentor Neil Stockton because I took a year to graduate, but fisting those caraboks gave me a lot of hit points and evade skills.

If u need a mentor I would also recommend Neil as his insights in the game are priceless

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zont

Zont Member

Sounds like a plan how do i find these caraboks ? :)

13. littleswampymonster

They are located at Celeste quarry and various firebase academies.

I would absolutely recommend the quarry. I would get 1k sweat then whIle I swung ed I would advertise in trade channel selling sweat and carabok hide. worked very well

14. May

May Active Member

15. Slacker

Slacker Member

Any other punies besides Caraboks and Monures?
    There are Galladard turkeys near Quarry that are L0, but they have 14HP. How's the loot on them?

And what is next after punies? L4 Halix young?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zont

Zont Member

There we go go my weapon a powerarm Thing from the tt vendor for only 10 ped :) And i found out that sharplets or something can be made to universal ammo ! So I might just pick a Gun next time and kick some butt with that ! Sh!t is about to go down !

• Like Like x 1
  17. littleswampymonster

yah only thing that sucks for us melee users is that we cant use Universal Ammo - i just save it up and sell it to shooters

18. wournos

wournos Active Member

That sounds so kinky! :hilarious:

My :2pec: (not much different from anyone else):
    The TT weapons will be your best friend(s) for a while. It's a bad idea to use weapons that you don't have the appropriate level for. By appropriate I mean when a weapon hits 100% Skill Increase Progress. Before then you will not use the weapon very efficiently.
    Choosing ranged weapons or melee is a personal preference. I'm a melee user but I use ranged weapons to "tag" a mob to avoid getting targeted by a mob I don't want to kill.

As for what mobs to go for: Carabok - until you have enough evade to withstand a Gallard. Then you can switch between those. Eventually you will be skilled enough to take on Monura (male/female - doesn't matter). Those four will keep you busy for a while, especially if you swunt the first two.

My avatar is barely 3 months old and she still swunts (as opposed to 100% hunting). But then again I'm apparently a crazy person. :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zont

Zont Member

Hey Peeps i tried mineing today that was hell of fun had 17 probes found some stuff but not at the value of the probes but had to try :) :biggrin2:

20. Lovefall

Trying everything at least to see how it feels is never a wrong idea. :)

Although atm probably those 85 pecs could have been better used. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.