1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, Arkadians...

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by Hyssch, May 20, 2011.

1. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

This little noob has been doing some basic training on Calypso while waiting for Arkadia to get launched. Mostly mining and some hunting too. Have to get my HP up from new ava's starting levels and do some melee to rise my max-weight-carried limit a bit higher for those mining-trips on Arkadia.

Not sure how much the TP fee will be from Calypso to Arkadia, but all I ever need is just a one way ticket ;)
    ... no plans to get back to Calypso if I just can sell my ores/enmatters on Arkadia. So one ticket will do. Hopefully.

3½ days left and counting, so I better keep on skilling and get the basic gear I'll be needing on Arkadia as a miner. Usually it feels like time standing still, if You're really waiting for something. With Arkadia getting online, it feels like time is slipping through my fingers... so much to do and only few days left. I hope Arkadian TradeTerminals will help me out on any tools/gear/supply, that I'm not able to get while still on Calypso.

Gonna take all the little I have with me, when finally walking through that Port Arthur NewArrivals-TP, the one last time... click.. aaand...Arkadia :)

See You all there!

-- Hyssch --

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Welcome and good luck in the next few days. Great to see new people arriving at PAF.

3. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

Hi and welcome.

IF there will be TP option... I have the feeling that we will get screwed as Space is coming the very same VU as Arkadia... Pilots might be only option to get out of Calypso. [I so hope I'm wrong on this one!]

4. dude

dude Active Member

FYI the fee to the other planets has been and still is 40 ped. I dont see Arkadia being any different. See you on the planet and welcome to the forums

5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

I don't think they will do away with the TP fee, it kind of sets a ceiling on cost for transport to other destinations, then pilots can work their schedule of prices for space flight. I believe both MA and the PP's get part of the TP fee? Not sure, but I know someone gets it, so not sure they would discontinue it ... I could be wrong.

At any rate ... this coming VU is going to definitely be an exciting one, and I can't wait to test EVERYthing out - eventually, but Arkadia is my #1 priority. :)

6. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

Really, here and in real life, if a company write "we are working in xxxx subject" i never think that subject will be ready next week. And no ofense.

Greetings.

7. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

As posted in another thread.

8. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Yeah well be seeing you on the flip side :p Arkadia FTW! getting more psyched every second of the day :)

9. malasuerte

malasuerte Active Member

welcome, cya on Arkadia

10. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

I really really hope they won't take the TP option out! :/

Space and Arkadia on same VU... *scared*

-- Hyssch --

11. darkshark

darkshark Member

There is massive enthusiasm for Arcadia it seems and I have heard a lot of people saying they intend ( at first ) a one way trip...especially those who have joined Calypso just to prep up for Arcadian life. I wonder if it will actually be a real 'Gold Rush' type event where we shall for a while see Calypso virtually deserted in some areas while 'everyone's gone to the Moon' so to speak?

No doubt ( as it is an MA universe product after all) it isn't going to be all roses and dreams and I doubt whether fortunes and dream loots will be more easily made without the investment of large sums of RL currency just as Entropia has always been, as that is the profit model but a new world of this supposed calibre ( if it works..!!) is a much anticipated event. I wonder what the balance will be between 'existing colonists' and new sign ups who have never lived on Calypso and how many people will disregard the rules to create 'alts' with new accounts?

good luck with your plans there..

12. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

If they implement Space with the same VU along with Arkadia, or few days later, then it might just be a one way trip, at least for starters. If not enough pilots and ships flying between Arkadia and Calypso + what fees they might charge for their services...

Price for space-flights might be high at first, so I hope I still have the chance to use TP to get to Arkadia when it's finally online.

And how "far" from Calypso, Arkadia is? I mean, how much the actual costs will be to transport players to Arkadia? So spending 40peds on TP trip, might be the cheapest way to get there... at first, anyways.

Ships are also limited how much passangers they can take, while TP don't have those restrictions. So even if many are not taking one way trip, Arkadia will cause quite a bit of traffic on its first days and TP's might be able to handle it, but not sure about those space ships.

Unless they also introduce the "space-add-on" for VTOL's :)

Wondering what space-mobs there might be lurking around to take their bite on VTOL's tt value... if lucky, one might end up Arkadia with a smoking VTOL-wreck screaming through the atmosphere... :p

So, I hope they implement Space afterwards.

-- Hyssch --