1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Arkadians

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by Veda, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Veda

Veda Member

After a five year break from EU I’m almost ready to join in again. Thanks to snape for helping me register here :)… there’s been a lot of developments and improvements to this Universe and I have to wait to find out how far out this is. Internet connections from India fluctuate and it took 2 days to download the client files. When I tried to launch and revive Veda it became obvious that this rig is not able to handle the graphics. But after 3-4 weeks, with a new rig, he’ll pop up on Calypso, ‘his first home’ and he’ll have to find a way to travel to Arkadia…

Any tips on moving the dynamic content over to a win 7 64bit system would be gratefully appreciated.

Looking forward to meeting everyone…

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

My pleasure. Glad to have you (back) onboard. You'll notice a few differences to the EU you saw before. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend doing the New Player Experience here on Arkadia. It will help refamiliarise you with the system and give you some pretty handy kit as well.

And remember, I'm always at the end of a PM if anyone needs help both here or in game. Might be worth seeking out some of our very good and helpful Arkadian Advisors as well to get into the grove of things on Arkadia.

See you around the Universe.

3. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Hey Veda, welcome! There's even an ore here with your name on it!

4. Veda

Veda Member

Wow Tim... that'll be worth exploring for, if I find any you can have some ;)

5. isclay

isclay Active Member

Welcome Veda...

6. Veda

Veda Member

It's good to meet you isclay, thanks... :cool: your sig sounds great.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

welcome back dude. Not sure how to transfer stuff it may be even more different if your going from XP to 7. what OS you using now and before? As a quick suggestion i'd say start the install then quit it. try to copy the same folders over, then do a repair but be warned it may fail baddly.

8. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

yes this has worked in the past, not sure what the deal is if you have different operating systems though

9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Welcome in advance to Arkadia :)

I'm not sure I'd want to port over the dynamic content across OS's... but if you have a super slow internet connection, I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Somewhere on this forum is a thread that discusses it.... forget what it's called tho.

I recommend getting a mentor too, so many things have changed in game, plus you get some nice armor when you graduate.

10. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Welcome back Veda! We named a resource after you while you were gone... :cool:

11. Veda

Veda Member

Thanks for all the suggestions Rex, RAZER and Neil, I found some good advice from rick here: Copying Entropia Universe over to another pc? When I do the changeover in a month from now I'll post how it worked. I think it will be quite easy.

Can't wait to join in... but glad I worked on my patience skill a long time ago!

A mentor would be wonderful but Veda's skills may be too high to take advantage of that. He'll just have to stick with his old rusty Rascal armor for a while :(

12. Veda

Veda Member

Hey Puck, Thanks for the welcome... Tim mentioned that earlier, rather funny eh, is it Veda or Base? You after a share of the loot too :D

13. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

You just have to find someone with higher skills than you.

14. Veda

Veda Member

That's good news Neil... looking forward to it.

15. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum, and in advance to Arkadia, you will love it here :)

16. Veda

Veda Member

Thanks Lee, I'm loving it already before even setting foot on Arkadia. It's going to be a lot different from the pioneering days.

17. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Actually, it's a lot like the old pioneering days from what I understand.. I joined post-vu10 (VU11, actually) but from what I've heard about EU back then, I think you'll find a lot of the same community feeling on Arkadia.

As for copying the content, don't worry about moving across operating systems. Just install EU like you normally would, set up the content directory in the client loader (under "Folders" tab on the Tools screen), and then close the client loader, copy the content directory over and run the client loader again to sync everything up. Simple as that. I'm definitely available, and if you're using Windows 7, check out Entropia Tools -- tool I wrote that helps in identifying content folders (among other things). Link in my signature. :)

And welcome back. :)

18. Veda

Veda Member

Thanks for the welcome, advice and tools... the community feeling is getting much stronger now, especially on Arkadia. You describe the changeover just as I imagined it, looks quite simple - just like me :D