1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by natoma, Aug 11, 2013.

1. natoma

natoma New Member

Just starting out on Arkadia and just about overwhelmed with how things work. This forum has lots for me to read and learn so far. Looking forward to meeting people and learning about the planet and how not to get killed so often.

2. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Welcome to Arkadia and EU! Have a great time exploring and be sure to ask lots of questions. :)

3. Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer Member

Welcome to Arkadia!

First off....is the first thing to remember....

Just

Keep

Breathing.....:dribble:

After that, here are a few pointers I have gleaned from my nearly 3 months here (yeah I am a noob too)

1) Don't think of EU as "just another MMO" that you can quickly get uber in, do everything at the best level and can forget in a few months....it don't roll that way at all.

Take your time, focus on one weapon type, one profession with possible side trips for curiosity sake into the others but, focus on one that you like.

2) Do the new player missions on the planet(s)....enjoy the quickly used up free stuff (most of it is anyway) and learn the ropes.

3) TALK to people...learn...interact...but as in life, find your own way.

Be polite, make friends and ask advice...but remember, nobody here is an expert at EU and even if they are now, EU is every changing and what they know now might be worthless in the next update or even more profound...

4) Enjoy the journey and understand there is no destination.

There are ppl that have played this MMO for over a DECADE....not many MMOs can claim that....think about what keeps them coming back.

5) Set yourself a budget for your PED.

No matter what ppl say...EU is driven by PED....you CAN play for free...but it is much harder, slower and (at least for me) much less 'fun' after about 3-6 weeks. Sweating is the first "free" way to get PED...prices range from a low of 1.5 to a high of 2.5 peds per 1k at the time of this posting.

A good solid range is 1.6-2.0 on the sweat price.

{EDIT (Snape): Deleted under RUle 2i) - Advertising/Solicitation}

There is more I can go over...if you have questions feel free to PM me here or look for Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer in game and friend request me.

4. natoma

natoma New Member

Thanks for the great suggestions. I saw early on that being successful in this environment was going to be a long haul. I've stopped playing for a bit so I could [deleted] and am almost ready to return to game. I'm leaning towards hunting and mining once I return.

Thanks again for the advice and I look forward to seeing you in game.

5. natoma

natoma New Member

Thanks!!! Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of this game.

6. Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer Member

Well, don't "stop" playing...use this time to do Circle Sweating at one of the camps (Nea and OLA42 on Caly and Outpost on Ark) and get Evade skill up along with chatting with ppl.

Sweat sells for 1.5-2.5 ped per 1000 sweat and if you get in a good group, you can probably clear 300-400 per hour fairly easy. So every 3 hours you could clear another 1-2 ped.

Plus you get that all important evade skill up and the even more important interaction with others.

The most prized thing in EU is your reputation and the real life contacts you have (at least in my opinion).

Use this time to build those up.

7. natoma

natoma New Member

All of what you've mentioned is true but I also have RL issues that help to prevent me from spending more time in game. I've already done some sweating a few weeks ago and it's a long slow grind but it's one of those things I will go back to when I do a mission.

8. natoma

natoma New Member

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on who to request for a mentor.

9. natoma

natoma New Member

Nevermind!!!! Found one!!!

10. Cly

Cly Active Member

Good job :)

For others who read this thread later, there is a section in this forum under the "New Player Area" labelled "Mentoring Services"...
    We have a large number of willing mentors on ArkadiaForum who are listed under their relevant time zones with contact details.

So browse around, have a look, and see if you find someone who matches your interests!

11. stefanbond

stefanbond Member

Welcome to Arkadia, if u have questions u can add me to friends and always feel free to ask...

12. natoma

natoma New Member

Thank you. I really appreciate the offer. I'm just curious if there are any places on Arkadia where you can receive free equipment other than doing the getting started missions.

13. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Hello Natoma, welcome to Planet Arkadia and Entropia Universe at large!
    Enjoy your time here and also take your time to learn it.