1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heading to Ark soon need a little hunting advice

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by liliana, Jul 23, 2016.

1. liliana

liliana New Member

Soon as I finish my 30k Combibo gonna head over to Ark for a change of scenery. What mobs are similar to high maturity Combibos in HP, maybe a little harder since Im stronger now than when I started my first Combibo Mission. Would love to still be able to use my Adj Pixie and 2As. Im level 21 BLP hit and level 18 BLP damage. Would appreciate the advice and also if an armor change is needed for said mob so I can grab some before I leave Caly.

2. San

San Well-Known Member

http://www.entropedia.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Mob

In the filters select Planet: Arkadia, sort by 'Min HP' by clicking on the table header, and click '(All)' in the pager below the table. Use 'Configure columns' to display damage types if not shown by default.

Upon coming to Arkadia I found it useful to complement my armour collection with a set of Musca Adjusted (the Arkadian equivalent of Adj. Pixie) because it has even stats, whereas Pixie leans towards impact and therefore protects less against stab. Both reflect the tendency of mob damages on their respective planet to cover as wide a range as possible. I also found it very useful to add a set of 2C plates for some popular mobs which deal acid. The combo is ideal for Wombana, big Halix, small Madana. Apart from those, you might like to look at Bokol, Hadraada, big Ostelok (this mission is killpoints from the start). Tiarak or Oratan Slasher again are ideal fits for Pixie. Nusul might be slightly below the level you are seeking, but have considerable hp so maybe try if you like it. Check mission rewards and markups for specific loot to guide prioritizing.

Defense costs aren't dramatic at this level, but if you want to optimize you would avoid at least for the bulk of your mission grinding mobs whose danger rating is above your Evader level. I would bring along some minimal armour like CDF Scout as well for the relevant range. Of course there are Arkadian equivalents also, e.g. Corvus.

While hunting all of the above mentioned mobs you can collect materials to turn in for a set of Viceroy armour (a slightly better Gremlin), read around for discussions on it (being non-tradable caused some stir) to see if this is something you want. By the time you're done you should be well in the levels where it becomes relevant.

Good luck!

3. liliana

liliana New Member

where are "big Halix"? According to entropedia regular guys only go up to 180HP at stalker, which is half the HP of what Im currently hunting. I looked into Mutated Halix and only Young maturity is listed. Is the wiki incomplete and they in fact go higher than Youngs?

Thanks for the advice on Viceroy will start saving mats once I get there.

4. San

San Well-Known Member

Big Halix are south of Taipan Digsite / west of Songkra Valley. They don't have a lot of hp, true, I mentioned them because they are a popular choice and in line with the damage types of the others named in the same sentence. Mutated Halix are not in game yet, some DNA part has yet to be discovered which is another reason why they are heavily pursued.

Halix tails, Madana tails, Tiarak hides are a few examples of noteworthy loot items with good sale prospects. Then there are bounties on missing DNA parts of all mobs that don't exist as mutated versions yet (there is a forum thread about this).

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. liliana

liliana New Member

Yea I found that post but its from 2014 and its been locked. So they seem to have all been found, because, well its been 2 years. Also why would a mod lock a post if it was still relevant?

6. Starkiller

Starkiller Active Member

Theres a new one ;)

Im looking for the halix skull, oweko brain and kiana brain for example.

Also you have mutated madanas up on my LA to the North West at Sentosa's Reach, near Sanctuary Cove, with your level it might be the right challenge :)

7. liliana

liliana New Member

so if one of those should drop what would they be worth?

8. San

San Well-Known Member

Enter "bounties" in the search box on the top and uncheck "Search this forum only".