1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hangars?

Discussion in 'Estates' started by lokiscamaro, Jun 19, 2011.

1. lokiscamaro

lokiscamaro Member

Sooo, theres like 10 different TPs on calypso that only service hangars....But ive not seen ANY hangars here.

Are there plans to build them?
    Will we have our own pilots to compete with calypso?
    How are folks supposed to get to other planets from here?
    Is the space faring community now dependent on ships and hangars from ONLY calypso?
    Has MA given Arkadia studios the ability to create their own spacecraft?

Some fairly important questions i think.......

2. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

Absolutely.

3. red

red Member

since cyrene is designing spacecraft, I would think that any planet partner should be able to create "local" short-haul space craft. also, since hangars are planet-based, they should be able to create those as well. however, I'd expect that MA would put a limit on the number any particular planet can deploy at any time.

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

I think it's a critically key question, because I was just thinking about this today myself.

I am on Next Island right now exploring, which will result in a 4-part series I am writing and posting at the EntropiaPlanets front page, and my goal is to complete the exploring sometime on Monday so that I can get back to Arkadia, which has now become my home, but ...

As a journalist who travels to all planets in search of the next news story, as well as the much-needed photo shoots, what will space travel do to my efforts to continue this self-made profession that I created several years ago? There is not enough information about space travel to answer these questions right now, because all planets do not have hangars - or - do planets need hangars for us to travel there? Arkadia has landing zones, but will these play into space travel, or are they just decoration for now?

I think this is a question to pose in the "Ask MindArk" section at EF, and I'm heading there right now to ask it.

I need to be able to travel to all planets ... period.

5. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I absolutely agree! Arkadia should have it own hangars. Provides the opportunity for newer players to have access to the hangar system. The hangars can be given away in a competition, say 20 in total.
    The hangars on Calypso are restricted to the old owners who bought or acquired them years ago and to the few players who can afford 150k and buy one. Arkadia is a new planet with opportunities for all!
    Cheers
    Bjorn

6. strangelove

strangelove Member

Calypso has hangers, Ark has those big ships in the sky. My feeling is that MA wanted to make the existing hanger/pilot system functional again without giving existing hanger owners another hanger on Ark and so they created a new class of assets, motherships. They will service existing pilots and create a new class of asset they could sell.

7. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Yes the tricky part is that we don't even know if we will need hangars to travel to space (i sure hope not! :))

8. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Its all about balance. Will be interesting to see how many hangars, if any, are released to the planet partners and at what ratio. Will Arkadia get more than RT or NI? Should be interesting.

9. lokiscamaro

lokiscamaro Member

my many years here have taught me much patience. i guess we shall see lol.
    shout out to the A-team.....i know its still Sunday, but hey give us some input if you could devs, on what is goin' on with this hangar thingy........
    thx.
    loki

10. Mikass

Mikass Member

As it stands, the majority of Arkadia population is made out of Calypso born players that are tagged by system as calypsians no matter the planet.

MA balancing will most likely have in mind the avi`s place of birth. That being said, I don`t see Arkadia "deserving" more hangars at this point than other recently released planets.
    I see however big potential for a fast growing playerbase in the coming months due to the Asian market advertising and events. Should be a gradual process though.

11. strangelove

strangelove Member

I hope space is functional enough at the release that Ark can start advertising. Noobs are far and few between so far. Most ppl I meet on Ark are from Caly. This forum has 1195 users ATM. If Ark is growing, the forum registration should as well. As of this point, auction is down to 130 pages from over 260 at the peak and it's getting harder and harder to sell stuff here. The economy is barely viable from a player standpoint, or at least mine, ATM. I hope that changes.

12. malasuerte

malasuerte Active Member

I have similar thoughts. Hangars were introduced as an interface to allow people to travel to space. They won't be necessary anymore since anyone will simply spawn a ship anywhere and fly up to space.

Of course there should be oportunities for other PP to sell Interstellar ships to their players.

13. strangelove

strangelove Member

MA has only said that existing non-hanger space ships can go INTO space with new attachments....that does not mean they can travel BETWEEN planets. The distances may be too great but I guess that question gets answered fairly soon.