1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halix tails not dropping in Viable amounts to support crafting

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

Hey guys, I have not been able to run a proper amount of clicks on any of the BP's requiring Halix tails.
    For example:
    Hotfoot 20 needs 10 tails per click, that is 5 ped with current MU, 30 tails / 15 ped cost per success.
    So... I would need 1000 tails for a proper 100 click run.
    There are many BP's in the same situation... Just an example...
    I have not been able to amass the proper amounts for a good return. An increased drop rate would help the economy with the new hunters getting loot with MU, and would help the crafter's with having great items to sell.

2. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

I had a few different players go hunting for Halix tails, average mobs killed was over 300 each, each found 1-5 tails.... We need a fix badly

Bad loots for new players, means less new players running about.... and we all like new players, and I like to give them MU when I can 8)

3. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I've lost count on the number of Halix I killed and still I've only ever looted 1 tail.

4. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

seems Halix tails are not the only thing not dropping.... key resources are dropping in poor amounts. Its not good for the economy, its borderline sabotage. I think MA needs a kick in the right direction, since Ark has nothing to do with drop rates

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Which key resources are you talking about?

6. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Several... One of them you have spiked to 170% :p I had bought your Telfium last time since I had a crafting order, However I can wait till the market recovers to buy more. Otherwise, it raises the cost to craft above the items sale MU, and prices it out of competition with other "like" items.

7. Neil

Oh ok, I thought you meant "key" resources as in the mats used to make keys. Telfium is actually dropping about as much as always, the problem is that mining returns have been very bad for the last month. With mining TT returns around at 80-85% for most players who don't get an uber hof... even with MU at 170% it's not enough to motivate most miners to get out there and risk their peds, especially with the hunting events going on. So until MA notices that miners hate to lose, you'll see shortages.

8. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

If you think I am going to pay 170% for Telf....

Sometimes the only smart move is to take some heat out of the market by not crafting some things until the material costs come down. Of course then I am not buying the related low MU materials also.

9. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yep, I tried to buy up a load of stuff today and failed on many due to shortage of supply and/or stupidly increased prices. I'll always make sure my suppliers are looked after but I'm not paying stupid prices for stuff.

10. Neil

Yep, the mining situation is not good for the ark economy atm.

Unfortunately I think 160-170% is where telfium is at right now unless the supply increases, which it might (I have seen telfium fraction increasing the last few days)... but the underlying problem is not so much lack of telfium, it's lack of TT return which is driving up prices. For example, the area where telfium is located gives most players with decent depth a 119% average MU with telf at 170%. And at 119%, that region's MU is above average. But with the 75-85% TT returns most miners are getting, it's most likely not break even after decay costs. Unlike hunting, mining is not exciting enough for most miners to take a loss after MU. When I say not exciting, i mean that 5k ped cycled without a global is not uncommon. I'd sell the telflium for less but I also have a responsibility to my miners to get the best prices. I've been mining there lately as well and if I hit a good telfium claim with my own personal mining I can give you a better deal, since 170% is a bit absurd lol. Now halix tails on the other hand, they're just not dropping.... you'd think it would be a simple problem to fix.

Mindark, if you're listening... I think it's past time to stop the "let's screw miners in October" experiment (you know, the one that coincidentally began around the time the hunting ATH dropped). Most of this summer's experiments were IMO a failure except for your first test right after the June update, which brought back the "good old" loot for a few weeks. (And yes my samples are big enough to see exactly what you've done each time you've changed loot since June.)

11. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

While MA are the main competitor I doubt we'll see much change. MA need to become the platform provider only, sell off Calypso and move it out of the main office and split space up into regions controlled by the PP's.

12. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Agreed...Someone needs to buy Calypso and move it out of Sweden completely IMO.