1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halix mission hunt return rate

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by RAZER, Oct 20, 2012.

1. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

Well, people have been complaining about loot return after the last VU for some reason, so I decided to keep track of my return on the Halix missions. I usually don't keep track of anything but thought it would be fun for a change.

Anyway, attached you'll find the logs of all the hunts

I used a CB5 as weapon and an GYRO FAP-6 as healer, no armor.

The outcome of a total of 1675 Halix is:
    Average TT return 89,31%
    Average MU return 99,89%

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

cool info. Is that what you actually sold the materials for or is it "theoretical" MU?

3. RAZER

theoretical MU, might try and sell the loot, still have it in storage

4. RAZER

Am at 1975 Halix right now and have a TT return of 92% and a MU return of close to 103%.
    Looks to me as if loot is pretty OK.

5. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

It usually is, people just have one or a few bad runs and think the sky is falling. For some strange reason people claim loot sucks never have any long term logs to back it up and refuse to listen to advice. While people who are keeping detailed statistics usually claim loot is ok.

Thanks for sharing!

6. RAZER

Here are the 11th and 12th log of my hunts. Last one was pretty nice, had a 13,75 PED MAKO and another 11 PED loot. Still waiting for my global though :)

7. RAZER

Well it has been a while, but I have been doing some Halix hunts and it seems I'm still on the 90+% track on TT value.

Overall TT return: 93.60%
    Overall MU return: 98.39%

Lets see if this changes after the loot tweak

8. siggen

siggen New Member

Nice log! Good job! What maturity are you hunting these?

9. Fifth

Fifth Member

Unbelievable as it may seem for such a tiny mob, they can HoF too:
    [TABLE="width: 800"]
    [TR="class: TableRow"]
    Halix
    Stalker
    227 PED
    Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:18:03
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

This was after ~1 hour massacre with a grenade launcher S of Taipan Digsite--and i sure wasn't prepared for that surprise!
    Didn't calculate the total returns 'cause it was just their hides i was after anyway, but i'm pretty sure i wasn't trading with losses... :)

10. RAZER

nope with a 227 PED HOF I'm sure you did pretty well, unless you were in Carramone armor, shooting an Isis BL1800 and healing yourself with a Hedoc Adventurer, which I kinda doubt ;)

11. RAZER

Sorry for the late reply I missed your post.

I'm hunting with all TT weapons (and the A101) and can kill them without much trouble up to Provider. Not sure if I tried a higher maturity, but there is no need to.

12. RAZER

Did another little hunt today and it was pretty nice again. Just 1.17 PED profit in TT, but it is profit.

2 things I noticed are that I looted Basic Plastic Extractor, which I had never looted before from Halix and I did not loot any Animal Eye Oil, which I loot around 1-2 PED of for every 100 Halix hunt, so did the loot table change?

13. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

I'm at 3.3-3.6K on the mission. I'd say my return is about 85-88% TT and I'm sure if I took the time probably about 90-93% MU. So all in all a decent return. You have to expect loosing a bit of PEDs. It's when they pop like that 226 PEDs Global that it's all worth it :)

Running: Full Adj. Pixie with Herman CAP-101 (L) Jungle and Herman ASI-202 (L) Arctic and FAP-80 or Gyro FAP 2 Smuggler

Cheers

-Wolf

14. RAZER

Yep you are probably loosing some money on the gear you are using. No need for armor at all and the 202 might not be a as eco as you can get to for these things.

I usually don't look at the eco in my hunt as much either but with the Halix I tried to be as eco as I can (within my budget, which was about nothing).

15. RAZER

Oh and for you that wants to know what my setup is now:

Armor: none
    Weapon: CAP 99 - R
    Amp: Omegaton A101
    FAP: Herb box

16. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

How high Halix are you hunting? I can't do no armor on Old Alpha's, Prowlers and Stalkers, they'd kick my ass... That's what I've been on, thus the bit of armors, the slightly bigger gun and the bigger fap once in a while when healing get's critical.

For sure on young, mature and old, I'd do the same as you.

Cheers

17. RAZER

Ah yes, I'm hunting the small ones, up to provider.
    Bigger would require a bit more protection indeed

18. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Well I've been camping halix almost since I came to Arkadia (yet still no global, I camped Daikiba for a week once and got one) and in the last week I've seen some shocking returns.

On the runs I've made exclusively on lvl 8-10 i.e. alpha to prowler I've seen roughly the same return rate as hunting the young to guardians and sadly almost exactly the same items in loot.

Gremlin gives plenty of protection from the stalkers and prowlers, I'm taking hits of no more than 14 and have no need to use a fap. And the cost isn't that high, no where near the level of the weapons, I'm now exclusively melee and haven't used guns seriously since vu 9.

My normal return is 70-80% tt but this week I've seen it drop to 50%, had a couple of 125% the day after the two ATH's on Calypso and today it's back to 50%. Getting 2 musle oil and 20 ammo isn't the best window to see when you've killed a stalker but it's by no means the worst I've had.

I've also seen the number of no loots increase from the odd rarity i.e. every 20 - 30 kills to every 4 - 5 kills.