1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halix hunting log young-old

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by wimplo, Dec 27, 2014.

1. wimplo

wimplo Member

hi im wimplo gonna try and kill some halix and start a log i want to do atleast 4800 mission or even 12k if i have the patience i want to see my return over a period of time ill be doing halix young-old ill try hardest to calculate my run by cost of weapon decay ill be using bukins blade and cost of fap will be counting everything in TT besides the markup on halix tail since it sells for preety good price if any one is curious about my runs im gonna try and save them i stream my runs and gonna try and post them on youtube.

http://www.twitch.tv/wimplo559
    https://www.youtube.com/user/wimplo897

so ill start that off and see how it goes any ideas how to increase my profits ill listen thanks

skill

knife fighter (hit) 18 --- 44.82%
    knife fighter (dmg) 17 -- 2.89%
    evader 16 ---.70%
    halix total 586

2. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Hello Wimplo, good luck with the Halixes! You might want to use a finisher too, like a S.I. Psy-Blade, just to cut down the overkill.
    I hope for you that you get better results then I did, but then I was experimenting with the meaning of 'eco' (Dmg/PEC).

[Edit] Got confused with the name of the S.I.-Finisher [/EDIT]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  3. wimplo

wimplo Member

run1
    thanks alot i just finished my run of 3 bukin blades didnt go as bad as i thought went decently well hoping next time will be way better saving halix tails for next month when price might rise finished 1200 halix mission

link below is of run on twitch if any one is intrested can skim threw

http://www.twitch.tv/wimplo559/b/603606436

3 bukin blades used 99 ped
    1 herb box used 1.38 ped
    100.38 ped used on run 1
    83.06 ped return tt value
    -17.32 ped lost on run tt
    -17.32 ped lost in total of all runs
    also this run i got .16 ped of halix tail im saving for later to sell in bulk

skill

knife fighter (hit) 18 --- 75.29%
    knife fighter (dmg) 17 -- 24.68%
    evader 16 --- 3.10% reason could be high is i got combat reflex .50 for finishing halix 1200 mission
    halix total 764 total kills with 3 bukin blades

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  4. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

Are you seriously suggesting using a 4.0-8.0 dmg weapon as a finisher to a 3.5-7.0 dmg weapon, or did you mean S.I. Psy-Blade? :)

5. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

Healing cost seems to be somewhat high. Relentless isn't the worst place but sometimes it's laggy because of spawn density (the probability of the mob starting to 'dance around' increases along with the number of mobs on the radar).

Not that 40 pec would change the weather but you might be able to get healing cost below 1% in a less dense spawn or during 'off hours'.

6. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Yes, my mistake. Dunno, I always get confused with the Cyrene weapons about what kind it is and how much dmg they do.

7. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Not to mention mob is contaminated with a huge spawn of nusul punies, regardless I asked officials to forwarrd MA to undo this. On the icy area there's a clean spawn of halix that might give u better results.

8. sluggo

sluggo New Member

I had mixed results with Halix. Overall Id like to say they were one of the more 'decent' mobs to hunt thru but I definitely found loots to either be hot or cold with them, no 'average / ok' returns. The tails seemed to come in waves too. One thing I found that did help on them is if a crafter just got done using a bunch up, then in the next hour or so they started dropping again a bit better.

Good luck and it will be interesting to see what you end up with. I wasn't in a huge hurry when I did mine and was mining as well so didn't use any healing, if I got beat up a bit, i stepped back and healed with time.

Sluggo

9. wimplo

wimplo Member

Run 2
    well just finished my run went preety good after 2 bukin blades had about even run so decided to do 4 bukin blades and came about even again tired now so gonna stop but i did notice same thing in my runs halix tails will drop all at once i will get halix tails like around 4 mobs in a row then nothing for like an hour i kept geting spikes of loot 2 peds 4.5 peds highest but lots of .8 ped - 2 ped drops but the average what i see on the mobs they drop around .8 to .11 ped a kill but some times youl go a streak of .01 - .03 ped for like 10-20 kills then it jumps up again to .13 it was a weird run but fun while it lasted got a rush with those big hits haha havnt seen any thing such as a gun or chips just regular loot

below is link to run 2 if any one cares to see around the end i managed to get 3 loots in a row of 4 ped 2 ped and 2 ped again around there was awsome

http://www.twitch.tv/wimplo559/b/603967865

4 bukin blades used 132 ped
    1 herb box used 1.08 not sure why the healing is lower cost but hunted more
    133.08 ped used on run 2
    129.06 ped return tt value
    -4.02 ped lost on run tt
    -21.34 ped lost in total of all runs
    also this run i got .28 ped of halix tail im saving for later to sell in bulk

skill

knife fighter (hit) 19 --- 21.49%
    knife fighter (dmg) 17 -- 58.91%
    evader 16 --- 4.65%
    halix total 1018 total kills with 4 bukin blades 1170/4800 for mission

10. wimplo

wimplo Member

im still working on my runs just been a bit busy will continue in a day or so

11. MrDoc

MrDoc Member

that s a real decent loss ... you will surely come about even considering that most of that loot is muscle oil and oil residue that has a real decent MU this time around not counting the tails and hides or extractors that again have decent MU ... nice skill gain and the evade is also cool not counting the hp boost from grinding with a melee weapon so all in all you might end up profiting a bit so gz mate

12. wimplo

wimplo Member

Run 3

finaly finished my run of 4 bukin blades did it over 2 days yesterday the halix were giving crap drops but at the end of my second blade i had a piron gun drop for me and on my 4th blade i had LOTS of halix hides drop like around every 4-5 halix were droping it and before halix hides were dropping around 1 hide every 50-100 halix so not sure why and on the end of my 4th blade i finaly had halix tail drop all in 1 wave 1 after a nother.

4 bukin blades used 132 ped
    1 herb box used 1.43 ped
    133.43 ped used on run 3
    108.65 ped return tt value
    -24.78 ped lost on run tt
    -46.12 ped lost in total of all runs
    this run i got .22 ped of halix tail not to bad

skill

knife fighter (hit) 19 --- 70.90%
    knife fighter (dmg) 17 -- 95.20%
    evader 16 --- 6.47%
    halix total 1006 total kills with 4 bukin blades 2176/4800 for mission

13. wimplo

wimplo Member

run 4

so did a big run of 8 bukin blades wasnt the best but i did notice for sure halix tails drop in waves so if any one kills halix and you get 1 to drop continue killing atleast 10-20 of em and more will drop i usualy got 3-4 mobs in a row to drop halix tails then none for hour or 2 i did ALOT of halix today no globals highest ped of loot i got from a young-old was 5 ped maybe 5.5 ped so good luck on halix guys

8 bukin blades used 264 ped
    1 herb box used 2.60 ped
    266.60 ped used on run
    225.42 ped return tt value
    -41.18 ped lost on run tt
    -87.30 ped lost in total of all runs
    this run i got .28 ped of halix tail i didnt get no halix tails until my 5th blade then they finaly started dropping very crappy droprate

skill

knife fighter (hit) 20 --- 47.46%
    knife fighter (dmg) 18 -- 97.26%
    evader 16 --- 9.13%
    halix total 2059 total kills with 8 bukin blades 4235/4800 for mission

14. wimplo

wimplo Member

run 5

did big run again 8 bukin blades turned out better then i thought was profiting whole time not huge first and second blade i was up around 20 ped tt then after my 8th only had a tiny bit of profit wasnt to bad those halix tails are way to rare and weird they drop in waves.

8 bukin blades used 264 ped
    1 herb box used 2.93 ped
    266.93 ped used on run
    269.34 ped return TT value
    +2.41 ped won on run TT value
    -84.89 ped lost in total of all runs
    this run i got .38 ped of halix tail had 1 halix drop .10 ped of halix tail and i got a unlimited armor peice and a gun on this run was awsome

skill

knife fighter (hit) 21--- 9.54%
    knife fighter (dmg) 19 -- 56.84%
    evader 16 --- 12.16%
    halix total 2014 total kills with 8 bukin blades 1449/12000 for mission

15. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

There was a clean spawn of Halix with young to old North of Steadfast.

I've been camping halix for months, I've forgotten the last time I got an item drop but then I'm not doing 200-300ped runs.