1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good 17" gaming laptop for EU

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by AxeMurderer, Jan 7, 2015.

1. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

I was against gaming laptops, but now I see they have some positives. Is there anyone that plays EU on decent enought graphic on 17" laptop that don't cost more than a car?

2. B-K

B-K New User

3. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Aleinware ;) if you can get them when there on offer and there doing deels then they can be a lot cheeper than the list price.

Also depends on the configuration you want .

My Little Baby ;) M18 base configuration ;)

http://www.alienware.co.uk/Landings/laptops.aspx

[​IMG]

Ok Time to show it off ;) yes its a laptop as I like to be able to move my equipment and when i then go on holidays I have access to Entropia Universe & Planet Arkadia Of Course. and its only 8kg in weight and i think 1.5kg just for the power supply but then its all about the cool factor right.

And Its got lots of programmable keys and lights ( and yes you guessed it they actually synchronize and go from light to dark pink and back again ) and the sides do that as well

Now for the Geeky Stuff

AlienFX™AlienFX System Lighting Technology gives you access to a variety of themes and up to 512 billion distinct lighting combinations2, so you can personalise as much as you like. Complete your immersion by customising your system with themes that respond to in-game events with unique lighting effects.

AlienFusionAlienFusion power management controls enable you to configure your settings to maximise performance and efficiency while managing power usage. Crank up the settings for hardcore gaming and resource-intensive tasks, or scale back when you just need to run everyday programs.

AlienTouch
    Customise your touchpad’s sensitivity to prevent accidental contact, and activate virtual scrolling to enable vertical and horizontal scrolling with just a touch.

So Whats Inside it .

4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
    18.4 inch (467.36mm) WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display
    8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz (2x4GB)
    500G hybrid Spring
    Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (9.5mm)
    8-cell Lithium Ion (86 wHr) Battery
    Dual NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 860M graphics with 4GB total (2x 2GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI(R)Enabled
    Intel 802.11n/ac Wireless

With Overclocking capabilities on the motherboard and will more than lickley boost the memory on it at some point

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X70 which is a couple of years old now but still handles EU well. The newer version is spectacular too and I'll be getting that soon. Can't recommend Toshibas enough, never failed me yet.

5. AxeMurderer

To shiba To ne shiba is good yeah.
    No good words for Lenovo?
    Ashton Kutcher uses them.

6. TechKen

TechKen Active Member

Well, I would say that is a ROUSING reason why NOT to use a Lenovo... ROFL

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Never used them tbh so I can't, in good conscience, comment on their quality or reliability.

8. ElbryanWolf

ElbryanWolf Member

I use a Fujitsu Lifebook NH532 basic. Light weight, runs EU in normal mode no lag and extreme mode with lag.

Alienware would be good, but the Laptop weight is trumendous. I wouldn't want to travel with that ;)

9. sholle

sholle Active Member

"To shiba To ne shiba is good yeah."

To shiba bree :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. TechKen

TechKen Active Member

I don't consider most Alienware machines as "Laptops"... More like desktop Replacements.

11. AxeMurderer

Nice for logo

12. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

I've got a Lenovo something-or-other. Primarily for hacking through some mighty spreadsheets but handles Entropia pretty good. Processor fan is on a lot when playing but nothing crashes. Graphics are set to Very High all round.

Spec wise it has got an i7-4700MQ processor @ 2.4Ghz nd 16Gb RAM with 64bit W8.1

Have to say I'm happy with it other than one of the USBs is a bit flakey.

As for Alienware, had an Area 51 model in 2009 - 2010'ish and have to say, it was the most unreliable piece of kit I've had - kept blowing the video card. Was fixed 3 times under Warranty, then I gave up and sold it for spares.