1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting mixed answers

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by kraank, Apr 23, 2017.

1. kraank

kraank Member

Some say go full SIB for faster skill
    Others say go maxed out wep because skill increase is so small and expensive going full SIB

Some say go laser (expensive amps)
    Others say go blp (be a man)

Got gold start pack
    Im at 13 laser hit and 10 laser dmg(first mentor said laser is best cuz eco)
    95hp, 3 evader
    5k cara done using herman cap tt
    1.2k halix done using Chon s1x1 with zx sinkadus

Some say buy skills
    Others say its a waste, go sweat and gain evade for 9 months

Deposit instead of hardcore eco is my thinking. If i can spend 200-300 ped instead of sweating i will do it. But i WILL hunt with eco mind, not using wrong wep, using a finisher etc.

2. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

There is no right / wrong way to play this game, so different people will have different views on what is the "best" way to play.

It all depends on what you like and what your budget is.

For me I hunt using gear am maxed on, and I go eco as much as possible (unarmored, imp rest chip, etc). I also mine.

:)

3. kraank

kraank Member

Maybe not but if u dont have to go full eco but want more effective leveling, then one is better than the other

Got a private msg and blp is the effective way if peds can be spent. No need to eco laser if the idea is depositing anyway. Sounds ok to me :p

4. IFN Soldier Lizzy

IFN Soldier Lizzy Active Member

BLP can be just as eco as laser. In the game it comes down to eco. BLP does more damage but is slower, laser does less damage than BLP but is faster. Use entropedia's weapon compare to see the proof on eco. Overkill destroys eco, unmaxed weapons aren't very good for eco either.
    Good eco results in having less loss to cover with MU from loot.

As a new player, going full eco is not easy, so you want to go for mobs that carry good MU.

5. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

6. The Jetman

The Jetman Member

there is no right answer, generally at lower levels you will find Laser better as you can pair with a A101-A103 Amp as the damage output is small, but as you get higher you will find the Laser amp and UL gun price quite frankly become stupid. When you can attach a Beast amp+, BLP becomes an option, BLP do have a lower value due to less popular and lower eco

Generally Laser is higher ECO but lower DPS, while BLP is reversed. There is some guns that do break the mould.
    ofc ECO is only part of the story, if higher DPS means you can kill something without been hit as often or reducing the mobs regen you will find your actual ECO is higher.

Regarding SIB, i'd only use them when maxed or virtually maxed, i certainly wouldn't use if the hit rate is fairly low

i wouldn't buy skills unless you plan to pump deposits in, better to move at a pace to learn the game and gain your skills as you go.
    Sweating is something that will likely cost more in electric than the ped you earn, you could sweat while doing something else, like working or watching a movie

7. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

This is not correct, the PBP pistols are about the fastest shots/min you can get. There is a lot of variation in the different weapons, and going laser or blp is an oversimplification you also have to decide whether to go pistol or rifle (or carbine I suppose).

I started on laser and stuck with it for my first 6 months but switched to BLP pistol after studying entropedia, so now I am lvl 49 blp pistol and level 47 laser rifle. I imagine if I went solely one or the other from the beginning I might be level 50+ by now in one type of weapon but nowhere near it with anything else.

Of course there is always mindforce....

Oh and screw eco kill everything and go for the swirlies ;) much more fun

8. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Like I said earlier, no wrong, right way of playing.

Take me for example, I started with laser rifle, and later added laser handgun for dps at closer range. I think my rifle to handgun switch came around lvl 20 in rifle.

I was around lvl 35 in laser handgun, and laser rifle was alot lesser. Up till around this time, was using armor as needed.

After that decided to lessen dependency on armor, and started getting good faps. Had a FAP110 at this time and switched to an adj hedoc, and was around lvl 40 or so in laser handgun before i switched to blp handgun cos of even higher dps / lesser gear cost. Reason being, same mobs I hunt have less chance to kill me due to my higher dps. And it gives me access to killing bigger stuff. BLP may not be as eco as laser at times, but if it's higher dps, it saves cost on your defence. Just beware overkill.

Up till this point, my primary weapons were all L, for example Enigma L2,L3, Isis Project Zero series, etc, upgrading as I level'ed up.

Upgraded my fap to a mod 2350, and pushing it to more eco / higher mob capability, followed by adding an imp restoration chip.

Recently wanted to get some unl hunting gear as my primary, so switched to melee as it is cheaper. Decided on knifes, and started with the Leoi shock dagger and have been going up the knifes. Just added a decent long range blp tagger as well. There is a long thread on melee choices in this forum, look it up if you want more info.

Reason for unl primary weapons is, I wanted to get the MU from selling looted weapons. If I can sell a looted L weapon for an average of 110%, when you are looting 1000s of peds in TT of such weapons over time, that MU adds up. At same time, I don't have to pay MU for my own gear.

On the negative end, it takes me more time to upgrade gear, as previously I can just buy the next higher up L gun whenever I get enough levels. Now, I may stick to whatever I have for 10 or more levels before I upgrade.

Right now, my blp / laser handgun hit are both at lvl 55. My knife is at 45 (was busy recently, so had to slow down abit) and my laser / blp sniper is around lvl 50. And occasionally I burn up some other low mu L weapons I loot for a change of pace. So I have some skills in fist, swords, plasma, gauss, clubs, MF etc etc.

I also mine, starting with enmatter(cheapest), switched to ores, now I do all 3 types of mining at times.

Some people prefer to concentrate on one type of weapon to level up faster and get the unlocks. I prefer to be somewhat eco, and do whatever I find fun. I even sweat on occasion. For me, going eco at all cost is less fun. Somewhat eco works for me ;)

So, like I said, no right /wrong way to play this game. Play how you want, within your budget.

PS : If I recall correctly, the number 1 ATH in the hunting list is by a player who was playing uneco, cos he wanted to have fun.

9. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

do all of the entry level missions on every planet... at least the first rung of the iron missions you can afford to do and the n00b run around and get free gear and tp junk... gives you a better idea of what to do next... fly around and try to get all of the tps for every planet.

It's interesting comparing the different mobs on each planet... certain planets have niches others don't. It's good to explore it all and get a better idea of how to go forward... always forward.

10. Dove

Dove Active Member

Just have fun you can afford.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kraank

kraank Member

Had a break from EU short after this thread was made. Thanks for all the advices :)

An update:
    I started again 3 weeks ago and have since got to switch laser pist to laser rifle (wanted to try the range and it worked great)
    Im going with atleast one SIB active on my weapon but never unless its 100% dmg, so never like 38/40

Im at 21 laser pist, 20 laser dmg, 19 laser sniper
    101hp 11 evade

Hunted with new Armatrix LR-10 then Law-13 (sucked) and now armatrix LR-15 with a-106 amp on it

Even with climbing SIB ladder im doing all i can to stay 95-100+ return. Workes so far.. (not with law-13)

I have ivested 5000PED and i am atm at 5097PED all items included. (And thats going SiB and paying MU on every weapon) Thanks to halloween event dropping profitable loot and tons of boxes to sell

This game is great :)

12. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

Look ahead and see where you will end up. Is the end product affordable? if not, is there another hunting type that is affordable?

for example: I currently use a xeno-dagger scratcher/trauma amp VII combo. unenhanced dps of 76.1 with 2.970 eco , purchase price less than 8k ped
    a ranged option is not available for those funds, unless you go non-sib.

Medium level choices that don't cost an arm and a leg:

A popular choice for shortblades is songkra /trauma amp VI , this will cost less than 1k ped and gives 64.8 dps with 2.964 eco.
    For longblades its shagadi/trauma amp VI, still less than 1k ped and gives 58.8 dps and 2.964 eco
    Mindforce chips are also not that expensive, but the unlimited amps still are.. time will tell if their price drops

ranged laser:
    Adjusted ewe ep-41/improved a105 will cost around 5k ped and gives 53.3 dps and 2.951 eco
    Ozpyn Lr s1x4 /improved a105 will cost around 7k ped and gives 62.3 dps and 2.897 eco

ranged blp:
    adjusted maddox IV/beast sga will cost around 6k ped and gives 58.7 dps and 2.957 eco
    emik enigma L2/dante will cost around 5k ped and gives 56 dps and 2.937 eco

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  13. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz Member

Never EVER say this game is great.. the MA gods will see and determine that your luck has been set too high and adjust it for you.. At all times, you must say that this game sucks so that they feel satisfied and leave you alone.

Complaining works well also. Sometimes it will results in some nice loots if you hit the right whine tone.. :)

14. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

This game is great, its just not perfect.
    If you come across something that is really good, then say so. Its called positive feedback.
    If you come across something that is not - say so, list clearly what you consider the problem is - that is also helpful feedback.
    But one thing you never do, is whine
    It never works - just marks you as a whiner.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz Member

Obviously, you have a hard time recognizing sarcasm.. Have a good day Louise..

16. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

For God's sake Sionkiewicz, you actually made a sarcastic response to kraank's post ? Why do that, I thought it was a good post & certainly did not deserve that from you.
    Unless you thought that I was implying you were a whiner just because it seemed to suggest you did from your post? Actually I was implying no such thing
    Don't be so thin skinned & try to leave the personal & passive aggressive stuff out of this forum and this thread please.
    Its all about asking for information & playing the game to have fun.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

This forum is great! :)

• Like Like x 1