1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game freeze problem after update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ruskea, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ruskea

ruskea Member

anyone else having freezing problems? ive never had this kinda problems before in almost 8 year ingame.. its not a crash the game just freezes.. got 3 of em within 10min so i guess there will be no EU for me until fixed?.. got XP 32bit.. had to repair the game before i could even log in first time but didnt delete any files.. oh well now i have time for GTA V

2. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

3. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Same here. Two game freezes inside ten minutes - I'm running XP 32 bit as well. For the first few hours, it came up with a message saying entropia.exe wasn't a valid Win32 application - then there was a mini-patch.

I've logged off and will try again when the game is fixed. A bit difficult to mine, when you might lose a claim due to a game crash! Also, I don't suppose it's all that good for my PC to have to kill the Entropia.exe process to shut it down!

4. ruskea

ruskea Member

good to see some other have the same problem so its not my computer only.. yesterday tried to play again and within 1h got 3 freezes and 1 disconnect

5. ruskea

ruskea Member

still having same problem.. just tried to play and game froze after 10sec..

6. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

I have done a complete re-install, and repaired, and unless I am on a "bad" server, the game runs fine for me on very high. If you have an older computer you will be having more problems than in the past. There should be more fixes coming out soon.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I haven't had any freezes. I've had DCs, but since the patch those have been rare. I'm using the 64 bit client, windows 8, Radeon HD 7800, Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM. Been running on high, no problems. I do see some noticeable slowdowns in framerate when loading in new textures and icons, compared to the previous VU, but after they load, it speeds up to 50 to 60 fps.

I am avoiding celeste server for the time being.

8. ruskea

ruskea Member

im on xp 32bit SP3 i think thats the case..
    intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    4g ram or coz with 32bit xp 3.3g or something

before had only some crashes on crowded places but now my game is just freezing all the time.. and 1 crash

9. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

This really feels like the VU10 all over again.....

10. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Agreed. That was probably one of the longest breaks I took from the game, not by my choice either ;)

11. Neil

I wonder if in bug fixes they prioritize windows 8 > 7 > XP... so people on XP will be the last to have any specific issues addressed. Or it could be that it's just harder for them to keep the XP version stable as it gets older and older.

12. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Maybe. However, I don't care; it's MA's problem and maybe that of the Arkadia dev team if there is a specific Arkadia issue. I'm running XP. Six months ago a machine that used to run EU with very few problems started throwing up out-of-memory crashes; I've had to change from Very High to medium quality and even so, the game crashes with depressing regularity if my avatar is somewhere a bit crowded like the Quarry. Going somewhere like Twin Peaks on Caly is out of the question. I have no doubt that this issue is due to the avatar changes at about that time, causing the textures to use more memory (probably).

And now the game freezes every 5 minutes - literally - for no discernible reason. If I didn't have 3 years and around £700 "invested" in EU (not much by the standards of some, I know) I would already have left.

I know XP is old, but it's still current. No excuse.

13. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

XP is going to be getting slower, and having more issues that will soon be ignored. The end of Microsoft support dates are:

End of Mainstream Support: April 14 2009

End of Extended Support: April 8 2014

with any programmer, and manufacturer, updates for the older systems will come last, as fewer customers will be using them.

-I still have XP Pro on one of my systems, and would like to never have to change it.

14. ruskea

ruskea Member

thats pretty much what its been like for me.. but ive had the graphics low just in case.. but it was still playable.. now it isnt

15. Neil

I think that's probably arguable. A lot of people still use it but IMO it's 12 years old....

16. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Matter of definition, isn't it? XP is still being supported by Microsoft. As a matter of fact my machine is about 4 years old; when I bought it Vista (spit!) had been around a couple of years and Windows 7 was still in the "before SP1 so bugged to feck" stage. It would appear that I made the wrong decision...

17. ruskea

ruskea Member

anyone heard any news about this? is there a fix coming or have they abandoned the xp users?