1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendly Warning to ALL Instance Runners

Discussion in 'Instances' started by supajosh, Sep 21, 2013.

1. supajosh

supajosh Member

hey guys ,

so a few of you may have seen me about arkadia and in the hof chat looting the chests in the 09 akas. Ive ran upwards of 30 of these now and gained a lot of knowledge about the game through doing them.

last night i did a marathon and was hoping to get some good runs in before any potential 'negative changes' that may come into force after the vu next week that effect the loot i have somewhat come to understand.

so i did 10 (yes ten ) 09 akas instances one after the other over a 12 hour period.

people that run them know tt loss is assured we are all here for the items right , well im afraid to report that after running 10 , i received NOTHING BUT MUSCLE OIL .

so i have no idea whats going on with them at the moment , maybe i was just as unlucky as hell i dont know, but after running a pretty high amount in the past i would say that something in them has changed . so if anyone is running them before Tuesday next week feel free to post in this thread anything that you get/ dont get .

my running theory is that maybe all of the golden key components have stopped dropping till the vu , or at least massively reduced in drop rate as have other ' nice item ' loots .

regards josh

2. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

I'm not sure if "short running" the Instances is a good idea. The Dev's were quite clear that the amount of mobs / dmg you do has a big impact on your loot. You could just be digging your own grave looking for a golden key part.

I have also run many, many keys, and from time to time I do see a "bulk" of oils. But also about the same return... its quite constant really, the only thing that is sometimes missing is an item with MU.

Atm, the MU of Arkoin is at an all time low, mostly due to the items on the broker not being what the player base wants. Its in a state of limbo needing attention.

The "short running" may have upset the balance in the loot, and the items with MU may not be dropping till the "ammo in" vs "loot out" finds its balance... Hard to say...

3. supajosh

supajosh Member

totally hear what you are saying and the hofs are way smaller of course and i know im screwing myself out of ever getting that 1k ped tt esi that has dropped and will drop again , but i know from experience that you can still happily get a 4xx ped esi no matter what way you do them . will be interesting to see what happens over the next 24 hours and see if any other runners post any returns to see if maybe it was just a bad period or weather some changes have in fact been made .

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Tell me how you can shortrun these instances and i'll happily do some tests for you :)

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

The only way to legally run the instance "quickly" is to run through like normal, killing just enough mobs to open all the doors. If you go outside of the instance or "skip" entire areas, that's an exploit and not allowed. It's probably an exploit that harms your chance of good loots... but still it's against the rules.

6. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Is it? I don't see anyone from MA or Arkadia doing anything to enforce those rules. For me anything that helps a player inside these instances is ok. It's not like the instances are fair towards the participants anyway.

7. Neil

Chris|Arkadia wrote about it a few months ago.

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread....ossible-Opinions&p=63224&viewfull=1#post63224

8. Neil

When you say nothing but muscle oil, do you really mean nothing but animal muscle oil? That sounds pretty strange.

9. supajosh

supajosh Member

just to clear up the confusion, the devs from arkadia have said that 'short running' the instances . ie doing what i do and killing as few mobs as required is totally fine to do . you will just receive a smaller hof at the end of the instance as the decay and ammo you using during the instance directly make up your loot at the end. so i am simply choosing to aim for number rather than size and sill and spending VAST peds on each run . ( i still have to kill as hit tonne of stuff )

i only bring this post to the forum because i have in the past looted a decent amount of items using the same methods and after over 8k ped expendature to get nothing back is pretty dam steep and just wanted to see if maybe i just had some bad runs or if the system has changed somehow ?

10. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

Key 9 and possibly Key 8 are going through the same period Key 1 did several months ago.

MA seems to randomly pick a key and say, fuck this key in particular. I would say avoid it for awhile. With arkoins in the gutter, melee a faint distant memory, and armor/esi/MF chips rare as hens teeth the keys are all just a big gamble when the golden parts are not dropping.

11. supajosh

supajosh Member

just to give some more info , i thought "meah maybe i was just unlcuky 10 times" so i ran 5 more last night , and i can report 15 yes thats 15 09 INSTANCES RAN WITH NO ITEMS FOUND . ofcourse not to mention the hundreds of ped loss per each run ! My ped card hates me and i kinda hate myself for wasting the past 36 hours of my life hahah think svena is right . avoid at all costs :(

12. Lighterthief

Lighterthief Member

yep u are

wtf?

imo if u are exploiting u get banned, simple, no messing with... "oh lets remove a item" i dunno wtf that suggestion is all about. cheat = perma-ban, simples... but we are not talking about exploits here are we?

if theres a room that needs x mobs killed to open a door, then u kill x mobs.... how the f*ck is that a exploit?

in this game all we have is personal honour and to throw words like exploiter and cheat around is bang out of order imo

13. supajosh

supajosh Member

hey dipshit do your research !

arkadia devs have said that killing as few mobs as possible to do the instances is 100% fine to do ! the instances were designed to give players the option to do it this way ! you just get a lower hof at the end . which i have already explained in my orignal post . so not only do you think you know what you are talking about and look like a massive knob because clearly you dont... you cant even read the original post of what you are commenting on . shame you cant get banned for having such a low IQ .

14. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

can we get a mod to clean this thread up a bit....

Edit: No need to call someone an exploiter... No need to loose your cool in an official forum, with an official tag next you your name...

15. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Anthony, if I read your post correctly you meant people who do that and not that Supajosh did?
    If you did you should read the thread first before replying, but if I'm correct in my interpretation then please be really obvious it's about those people who have been seen doing instances in that way and not about the OP.

Also no need to lower yourselves to kindergarten with name calling. So I hope you step up now and stop with this childish behavior or I will take action.

Also don't use text formatting when not necessary as in most cases some forum skins will just see an empty post without highlighting your text

16. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

correct jenny ferr i did read the thread and my comment was not about the OP but that of when people use Illegal exploits thats what i was refering too not the kill min amount of mob and go because when m time is short i do the very same. but to pass a locked door by going through a wall or how ever they do it was what i was refering too. and chuck i never named a person or refered to anyone in this thread as an exploiter. and it just angered me to be called a dip shit for no reason at all so yes i will revice that statement.

17. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I read it as an accusation against OP. Else why was it in this thread? No wonder he responded vigorously...

18. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

You guys should all know by now that most people will take things literally when they are written. If there is more than one way it interpret something, more often than not people will take the negative side of a comment and see it as a personal attack.

During the time I've been administering this Forum, I've literally spent hours and hours writing and rewriting my posts before submitting them (and I've still slipped up on occasion!) because I must be mindful that everything I say or do is a reflection back on not just the forum, but Arkadia Studios as well. It is something that a few other people could do well to remember.

IMO, the onus should be on the writer to make their point abundantly clear so there can be no misunderstanding or interpretation of personal attack etc. That said however, instead of going off the deep end, the respondent could also have asked for clarification...

Needless to say, all parties would do well to read and re-read a post before deciding to respond and then read and reread their own response before clicking submit.

Read it, read it again, think about it and then respond in a clear, concise and civil manner. It's not difficult and doesn't take any extra time or effort to be civil. We all take pride in PAF being a more mature and civil a forum, so lets uphold the tradition a bit more please.

19. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

FYI, with the new change to single box loot its very easy to tell if someone cheated their way through. I have not seen any evidence of anybody cheating since they fixed the vehicle exploit in the instances. If you have some evidence to back up your accusation/claims (whatever it is, I can't really tell) I would sugesst posting them or support case/PMs to the devs.

The only semi-dubious thing left is dragging the mobs in the bottom boss room out and downing them, but that only results in a ~5 ped armor decay bill increase in return for a reduction of 40 or 50 ped spent on ammo.

From my observations on rare items/golden parts, doing a min kill run does not hurt your chances on an individual basis. However on a greater scale it probably does. I would imagine the items are tied more towards a tt spent scale and not a number of instances run scale. You could get into some really interesting game theory on the merits of doing full vs min kill runs.

20. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

To ALL

I’m sorry I was not clearer on my post as snape said I should have taken the time to review what I wrote before I posted it. With that being said I have deleted my post, also my intention was never to implicate anyone of any wrong doing nor to have what I wrote imply that the OP was doing anything dubious. I myself aslo do the min mob kill if time gets short.

So I will make sure to write what I mean more clearly in proceeding post, as I do not want people to think I would be referring to them personally or making any personal attacks. So again I’m sorry for the confusion that may have been caused.
    Ranger