1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mining For Noobs

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by endo, Oct 6, 2011.

1. endo

endo Member

A small sugestion to help out Noobs. Get Rookie finders on Ark. They make it much easier for noobs like me to see what mining is all about for a much smaller risk. I don't know how much say you have over putting new items in the game but an Ark rookie finder would be something that may help the overall econ. Make one that cost more, maybe 20 PEC, that would last a little longer, useable 20 times, that lets you level mining skills a little longer. It would cost more per use than the current rookie finders but lets you level faster. Have it made of Ark only mats. I am sure that it would be used all over the place as a filler between the current rookie and the TT item.

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Dave have said they are looking into mining rookie gear on Arkadia, and the current Calypso ones last for 20+ drops if you only drop ore or enmatts.
    Why everyone insists on telling everyone they do 13 double drops is something I don't get, drop for one type of resource at a time and it will last over 20drops.
    You don't have to do double drops as I'm beginning to think more newbs believe as thats all I see people talk about when someone asks. Better to concentrate on one type and you might get more resources which in turn is easier to sell

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

This is true, part of the problem with rookie finders (I have them, if anybody wants some btw) is that you find small quantities, so searching for either enmat or ore will cut in half the number of items you get, which means you will be able to build up quantities faster.

4. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

This is the main reason I am only doing enmat mining at the moment. With all the arkadia and pretty much 99% of calypso ores/enmat that can be found here. If you are mining for both you need a very generous float in order to build up some decent size qauntities so you can sell them.

5. endo

endo Member

It does take a while to get stacks to sell. I am double dropping and it is a slow burn rate if you TT the items. I have gotten some big hits for rookies 1 - 2 Ped that have funded the rest of my rookie mining. I have also be able to sell smaller amounts of stuff to players for MU in the last couple of days.

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Or new players can start the old fassion way and simply mine energy mats as it is half the cost of ores and builds all basic skills needed. Then they can easily switch over to ores once they have established some knowlege in mining and grow prospecting quite quickly. Nothing says you MUST do both to become a successful miner.

The main problem hindering new miners (actually most miners) is too many resourse types per area not allowing sellable stacks in a single run.
    That and most (not all) of the traders I have met so far are not contributing to developing the economy with fair pricing but only their pockets.

7. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

+1 for rookie gear, not only finders in our beloved Arkadia TT.

pls :)

8. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

No matter what finder I'm using I prefer to do double drops. Why? Simple. Think of all the times you only get one or the other. Yes. You "waste" probes even so when you don't find the other. But what about when you do get both? Double dropping helps create the illusion that you're getting more because you get more drops with hits. And you are. It might take more finders, but overall it generally turns out better in my experience.

Any time I've gone just Ore or Enmatter, I've lost big time. If I do both, I have a tendency to be closer to 70-90% return instead of 40% return. That's a big difference.

NOTE: When teaching new players about it, I always tell them they can search for one or the other or both. I never say which to do, always it's up to them. Sometimes they choose enmatter or ore and sometimes they choose to do both.

9. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

i sell rookie finders for TT+0 so if new ppl need them just find me at Quarry.