1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time at Arkadia

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by the-unknown, Aug 27, 2013.

1. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Hi,

I have been Calypso for many years and finally dropped by at Arkadia a few days ago.

Have been exploring around and not doing much else. I primarily came here for possibly doing the viceroy armor mission.

I have not decided if I will stay on after that, or should I return to a place am already very familiar with.

Come on people, give me reasons to stay here!

:)

2. Cly

Cly Active Member

We think you'll find that the planet is prettier, the feel is homelier, and the people nicer ;)

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

It's a great planet, just take your time, explore, hunt, mine, craft, whatever else you do in game.

4. Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer Member

Arkadia is great and has its own special draws. If you need some help or anything, chat me up when I am planetside. Avatar name is same as here...Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

5. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Hello The Unknown,

You will find many Arkadians who have taken all their possessions and moved from Calypso to their new home. Each has his or her own reasons.
    For myself it was that Calypso is moving away from a game called Project Entropia I started nearly nine years ago. I couldn't remember what is where because cities like Port Atlantis has a complete make-over again. Creatures like Allophyls what I used to hunt eight years ago suddenly became harder for me now then back then because they and many others got a regeneration increase. This piece of land was sold; that piece of land is still neglected. And before I could even learn what I could hunt where another newsreport said: "Look, we found a bunch of islands connection Eudoria and Amethera, but we don't know why we didn't see it before."
    So I sold many of my stuff and decided to leave to another planet. Back then I had three options: 1) Next Island, 2) Rocktropia, 3) Arkadia. I moved to Arkadia only by hearsay that it is the best planet out there. Great feeling of the land and creatures; the developers often communicate with what they know and do and even admit what they don't know; and a bit of adventure of being one of the earlier who helps to built a new planet.

Best decision I've made in Project Entropia after signing up in the first place and joining Supremacy Reign in the second.
    Ardorj :)

6. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I'm of the same sentiment, Ark felt like the old Calypso although that is fading for me either by design or accident. Missions on everything just lead to laziness and lack of decent loot.

The last day before space I collected everything from my apartment and storage and made the jump. I don't miss Cali or it's near constant events.

The one exception is a variety of landscapes, not enough mountains to climb on Ark too damned flat for my liking but you can't have everything.

7. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Nice to know there are so many fans of the planet here. Guess I will probably be hanging around longer then I planned.

Only problem I see is if I need to get some L weapons (don't think I have enough L weapons on hand to last more then week or two at most).

8. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

We have a number of weapon shops on the planet. I know KikkiJikki's shops are well stocked.

9. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I was checking the auction as shops can be a pain to visit and check on, especially since I don't really know where what shops are around here.

But will spend some time poking around over the weekend or something.

10. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

you will find shops at street level in Celeste Harbour North and Sanctuary Cove(buildings at the water for now), so have a look in them

11. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Well am back at Caly now, trying to get an UnL SIB gun. I have started and done some of the early missions in Ark.

I also got all the TPs there I think. Did it the old fashioned way, running around from place to place mostly. Pretty fun and good way to have a look at things along the way.

Rig is boring (probably cos it is not working now).

Promise to return once I got a decent gun. That way I will not have to hunt down weapons everytime I burn one out. :)