1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First official spammer to PAF?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cyborg Bill, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Just checked my personal messages and came across a new one..

kicklongyin - Today 12:43 AM View Conversation Report whole house water filterWhole House Water Filtration Systemhttp://www.arkadiaforum.com/member.php?9-Aly

They linked the add to a normal memeber. I follwed it to ally, then to jod... I am sure we will all have this soon.

I hit the report button but I wanted to claim the first official spam post!!

2. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Thanks CB this user has now been banned :)

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Ok, its been Banned and Deleted by Van...and I've gone through everyone's profiles today and deleted the remaining spam posts on your visitor walls. From what I've seen, it only seemed to affect people that had made over about 10 posts, but that might be just coincidence.

Well done on reporting it quickly CB....and everyone please keep an eye out for any more and report them ASAP so we can keep on top of things if any more appear.

4. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I noticed a spam thread on wallpapers yesterday. I think it's gone now as well (I reported it).

Hooray for keeping the forum clean :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yep someone already canned that one. Good job in reporting them guys. Whilst Van and I do spend a lot of time here each day, we can't cover everything all the time (as we have RL jobs too) so you doing this helps us out immensely. I wish i could give you more than a thankyou and some rep, but it's the thought that counts i guess.

And seeing that we are talking about spam....

[video=youtube;g8huXkSaL7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o[/video]

I love Python :D

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Glad I could help keep our world clean.

As for the Python I could easily do without. I do recognise the humor in it but I just cant take that screechy way they do a good portion of their humor. Specially the woman. If I had to live with someone that screechy all the time Id have been in jail for murder years ago. It would be like living with a Skecksi

7. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Fair enough CB. Personally, I think the Terry Jones screechy woman thing is hilarious, as in the rat sketch too. "ohhhhhh, it hasn't got enough RAT IN IT!"

But horses for courses...