1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feran

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

New thread being maintained by May, can be found here:
    Feran

Description:

The Feran appears to have chosen Sentosa on Planet Arkadia for its nesting grounds.

Often seen in the skies high above the plains, it is unknown what the Feran normally feeds upon. However, it is known that they will attack colonists without provocation.

They may be protecting something as yet unknown, or merely assuming the colonist will make an easy meal.

Creature Type:
    Animal

Damage Type:
    33% Penetration
    33% Cut
    33% Stab

Statistical data:
    Feran

IFN Challenge:
    View attachment 6119
    Reward info from here

Maturities:
    Young
    Mature
    Old
    Provider
    Guardian
    Dominant
    Alpha
    Old Alpha
    Prowler
    Stalker

Interesting facts:
    As well as the Ostelok the Arkadian Colonial Administration(ACA) sighted another bird species, classified as “Feran”, this flight capable creature has been sighted to the north near Ocean Lookout and Taipan Digsite.
    (reported 9th of August 2011)

STATUS UPDATE
    Our scientific community has made a small amount of progress in studying the two creatures to appear recently, establishing that the Feran is not a bird, but most likely a mammal.
    (Dated: 1st September 3008)
    Commodore Toán Harvir
    Imperial Federal Navy

For loots please use any of these sources and please help to keep them updated and correct.
    Entropedia.info
    EP wiki

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Prelim damage assessment is indicating Pen/Cut/Stab -- not impact as stated in 1st post. I am not confident that I have proven this definitatively and will review the situation tomorrow (it's late) to see if a few addtional tests are warranted.

Details:
    1. Bodyguard vs unknown mat - 27.6 dam,3 prot - So thats Penetration but not Impact
    2. Goblin vs mature - no decay - no acid (no impact).
    3. Pixie vs Guard - 11.8, 3 prot - cut yes (impact no).
    4. BodyGuard/5b vs prowler - 26.4 dam, 3 prot from BG, 17 prot from plates - Cut and Stab. (no impact)
    5. Settler vs prov - 18.4 dam. 2 prot - pen, cut,stab fully account for the prot so no burn.
    6. Adj Pixie vs Prowler - 14.3 dam 12 prot. This is consistant with max protection from Cut and Stab and there no cold or electrical but I am not sure thats definitive. Will prob do a couple of additional tests.

Wierd shit time.....
    I also tested with Musca and got 7 protection. The implication is that impact is a damage type but I already eliminated impact in several other tests. I think the listed stats of Musca are incorrect. Will need to test that against some other mobs. Also maybe use 6b against these guys to elimininate impact once and for all.

3. Jenny ferr

Edit: nope you are correct Kikki, cant see how I got that wrong so yeap cut/stab/pene definitely as I can hunt big ones comfortable in Knight which is 12 imp/cut/stab and 6 penetration, and it definitely protects for more then 18

tested goblin on Stalker, Guardian and Young to rule out any change in dmg types among the maturities

Edit2: talked to my friend who worked out the dmg types and she confirmed it was cut/stab/pene we had come up with so was me who messed up when editing OP, sry about that

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Could be that higher maturities add Impact where lower ones don't. What maturity did you test the Musca on?

5. KikkiJikki

Just an update on the Musca...

The test was musca vs alpha. Today I donned some goblin and went against alpha and a few others. No decay so impact is definitely out and musca stats are incorrect. Once I get a good bunch of supporting data together I will put in a bug report.

But first I'd like to get the damage ratios sorted for this mob.

6. Jenny ferr

And I tested Goblin on Stalker, Guardian and Young to rule out that possibility and no decay on any of those mobs. And Nora and me previously worked out cut/stab/pene too, just me who got the OP wrong when I added the types

7. KikkiJikki

Damage breakdown tests:
    1. Goblin\5b vs old - 4.3 dam, 9.9 prot. Fits Pen\stab\cut = 6\*\* (max dam = 20).

2. AdjPixie\6a vs old - 2.3 dam, 10.3 adjpix prot, 5.4 6a prot - confirms test 1 for pen. Fixing pen at 30% the only ratio I could find to produce the test result was 6\7\7

3. AdjPixie\6a vs prov - [FONT=&quot]1.5 dam, 9.4 adjpix, 5.4 6a - max dam = 24, plates prot fixes pen at 8/24, final result = 8/8/8

4 AdjPixie\6a vs guard - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2.2 dam, 9.6 adjpix, 5.6 6a - max dam = 28, breakdown is 9/10/9

5. AdjPixie\6a vs dom - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1.7 dam, 9.7 adjpix, 5.1 6a - max dam = 32, breakdown is 10/11/11

I also tried against alpha but kept exceeding the max protection from the adjpixie. It's pretty clear how this is working so I am going to leave it there.

We have
    Mat\max\pen\stab\cut
    Old\20\6\7\7
    Prov\24\8\8\8
    Guard\28\9\10\9
    Dom\32\10\11\11

And I would expect for the rest of the maturities it will be
    Young\14\4\5\5
    Mature\17\5\6\6
    Alpha\37\12\13\12
    OldAlpha\42\14\14\14
    Prowler\48\16\16\16
    Stalker\56\18\19\19

A good overall % would be 33%/33%/33%

In entropedia i'l post the overall % and the individual breakdowns that I have actually collected data for.

[/FONT]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

You're getting good at this :) I wish I could +rep you for all your work but I don't seem to have the power.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

I've just repped him for you, Oleg. You'll skill up your rep power soon enough, I'm sure :)

10. KikkiJikki

So i restested musca against a bunch of Feran (no impact) and ostelok (not cut) and consistantly got decay that was in line with the stated stats for musca. Can only conclude that earlier on, I wasnt being careful enough in tracking the pre-test TT values of the musca. Such a pain to use L armour in these tests cos you cant use the repair terminal to zero in on the part that was hit. You have to fruit test all 7 parts each time you take a hit. Hate, hate, hate.

11. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

If testing with L armour I usually quickly check each part to see if one has visibly gone down 0.01 pec or more, which is much faster for finding the right part. For small hits this might not work though, and even if it does it still makes the process more long-winded and annoying than when using unlimited.

I generally avoid using L armour at all when testing, though I've found in the past that Polaris can be particularly useful due to its unusual stats.

12. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

anyone find a good spawn of stalkers?

13. KikkiJikki

Dont know about stalkers but there are prowlers mixed in with the spawn near Ocean Lookup tp (318,200)

14. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

very very rare to even find a prowler now was there 2 nights ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.