1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanoos still for sale at Toulan TT?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Ryloth, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

Can anyone confirm whether Fanoos are still for sale at the Toulan TT for 5pec? I used to see a lot of resellers of Fanoos, but after the TT weapons were all converted to (L) in the last update I thought I saw Fanoos prices jump in chat, and assumed those were removed from TT's as well and people were jacking up prices as the supply dwindled.

For those not familiar, the Fanoos was a lower level healing device that was exceptionally eco to use; many TT and beginner FAP's heal about 10-15 hp's per pec in decay cost; the Fanoos heals 180hp/pec.

2. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

that eco is why it was removed

3. May

May Active Member

There are still Fanoos in the Toulan TT, but they have been nerfed to death. And totally are not worth it anymore. :yuck:
    Think it's down to 18 uses now (I'll edit if I remembered it wrong).

So you are right about the prices going up, while the stored supply gets used up.

4. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

I understand Kitten, not surprised, but not willing to pass it up if still available. :p

18 uses for the same item, same cost? So 5x the old decay? It is questionable for me whether it would be worth it; still getting them for around 30hp/pec might make it worth it. God I'll go through them fast though, and then the constant hotkey reassignment. Now that I think about it, that would drive me mad, reassigning a new one every couple of times I full heal...

RIP Fanoos, I loved you while it lasted! Now I need to re-evaluate my hunting strategy...

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Just so you know, the normal eco of faps is about 10 hp per pec. Anything more than this is exceptional.

6. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

In my never-ending pursuit of the most eco healing...does anyone know if the medkit from Hunt The Thing was nerfed as well? It used to heal ~25hp/pec, although it had a high skill requirement (13 paramedic for max effectiveness) and they were non-tradable and not able to be TTed.

Even at less than max skill it is still more eco than the herb box or the 10-pulse unit, my other two options.

Thanks for the reality check Neil. In truth I was spoiled by the fanoos, and am simply trying to optimize my defensive costs in the new reality. :)

7. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

As far as I know, nothing was nerfed, but I don't have this particular medkit. The old stuff remained the same, but was removed from TT and new items were introduced. I still had some Fanooses leftover after the update and they were exactly the same as before, so I'm pretty sure the new ones have a different name. So, in short, all the old items have the same stats, it's just that you can't buy them from the TT anymore.

• Like Like x 1