1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Problems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Stoned, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Stoned

Stoned Member

Ok, I'm not a big complainer, but I gotta say something about this.

I was involved in the oratan event this weekend and as I was leaving, I was up on the wall, getting ready to spawn my ship to fly off to do my thing, and I got slayed..by Jenny. So, there was no message, about why I had gotten slayed, I did get a message about being up on the wall (in which I wasn't shooting, so who cares really?), but I was spawning a vehicle to leave the area when this happened. So, not knowing why I got killed, I went back up to the vehicle pads to attempt to leave again, when I got another message, which I was trying to respond to, and leave the area with my ship. Well this time I got teleported out in the middle of nowhere, where mad oratans were (risking my life, not that it's worth much lol). I don't understand this. I was trying to leave the event. I spent alot of money to be involved in the event, and had a ton of fun, but I don't think I deserve this treatment for just trying to leave the area.
    so with the story told, is this really the way to handle this? Jenny was completely not willing to talk about it, just saying you were giving warnings..when in fact I was just trying to fly out..I know the same thing happened to another player in the last event. If this is how you treat your players, ones who invested quit a bit of money into ark deeds and supports you guys 100% (not anymore), and invested money into this event, then I'm not sure what to do other then move on. I was born on arkadia, but the mistreatment in this case is inexcusable, considering it happened to other players before...Please advise... I love this planet, but will move on before I ever have to deal with this dev again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Stay off the wall during events and you have no problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

Being on the wall creates the noble to get stuck.

That's why it's so important to be off the wall.

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Why didn't you just go to the teleporter?...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

You most likely got two messages warning you about this (Popup window). I'm guessing it's apart of the script really. With all the problems they have had in the past with people on the walls they really needed to do this.

6. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

Agreed, dont be on the wall ever during the event. The wall has caused enough issues even with people NOT shooting the Oratan, its been clearly stated in the past to stay off the wall during the events. Saying you dont support Ark because they acted in the best interest for the event is silly, because if more people did it (even when not shooting) and the Oratan would become unreachable again people would start bitching about that, on the forum and ingame.

7. wournos

wournos Active Member

I assume nothing was lost except your HP so why is this such an issue? Spawn vehicle on ground like everyone else or use teleporter.

8. Maximus Cashicus

Maximus Cashicus Member

Hi Stoned, I know its hard not to be taken personally but this has been a constant problem. They are actively trying to not make the mobs go unreachable for participants and tell people not to go on the walls.

9. Stoned

Stoned Member

thanks for the great responses...I really didn't know it was that big a deal as I was pretty far from the mobs..

I want to say to Jenny, I am terribly sorry for my foul mouth, I was being an ass in that I was taking it too personally. I wasn't on the wall very long, but it was long enough I guess, and yes I should have just tp'd or gone somewhere else to spawn my vehicle.

Please forgive me, as you handled the situation perfectly, and it was me in the wrong.

Stoned.

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  10. Wauspaus

Wauspaus Active Member

This shows great character Stoned, not many people have the guts to apologize like hat usually :) Big Kuddo's to you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. May

May Active Member

Nice that you could 'Let it Go' after all. :laugh: GG!

Hehe, we all gotta stay [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Did you just manage to put Frozen and MJ in the same post? o.o

13. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

While the OP himself apologized, I still think that things are in a somehow grey area and here's why:

- I think that all possible exploits/bugs should be solved via hard coded mechanics, not via band aid patches or restrictions
    - In our specific case a MA solution, would be to just fix the AI of said mobs to no longer bug
    - In our specific case a A-Team solution, would be that attacks to take place somewhere where there are no walls (for example one of the digsites) instead of firebases
    - In the worst case the "not climb on walls" things should be implemented via big in-game messages on scree, not just being expected to be known (for example I only heard about it here for the first time)

So... while I'm quite sure that Jenny did only what (s)he had to do and we can't really blame her, in all honesty I think that this is not a long term solution, and the devs should just try to find coded solutions to prevent such situations in the first place.

14. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Glad to have a person with your character around Stoned, and I also forwarded your apology to "Jenny Ironhide Edwards"

If you feel this needs attention then please start a new thread for this purpose instead, so it can be discussed without being buried in another thread.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

That's not the first time that this happens or first player that complains about it. Seems that ark team doesn't like the idea of "free" skills, and that's why when such events occur I leave planet because most of these events are held on areas I usually am doing something, and people are easily punished without warning.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. May

May Active Member

Oh yes I did! Hehe, you don't like the idea of a 'Frozen MJ'? [​IMG]
    Keep Cool. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1