1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ETA Maps PSD Public Release and archive

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Stave Petty, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Stave Petty

Stave Petty Member

As I explained in this thread my tp run and mapping services will be coming to a end. As a result of this I am making all information and map files I have available for public use in the interest of sharing information. The first part of this was released earlier today, the tp run tutorial.

Here are the zipped files complete with all the Photoshop files needed to modify as much as you need. I am releasing these for the possible event of someone deciding to pick up where i left off, so they don't have to start from scratch if they don't want to.

Arkadia Map's

Calypso Map's and HD Screenshot map project

Next Island Map's

Space Map's

And here are the links to the maps that will stay online archived at these url's as long as possible:

Arkadia

Calypso

Next Island

Space

To help anyone who may decide to try and pick up where I left of here are a few tips to my techniques to retrieving map information. In the calypso rar i have included the beginnings of a project i was working on that included HD maps made purely from screenshots, in here the raw psd is contained with a example map complete with hd information. Due to this the main calypso one has map images replaced on a reduced scale where i have improved them. due to the size of the calypso map the map data, revives tp's etc are included in their own PSD's for each continent.

The revives are the main part here, there are multiple ways of doing this, entering outposts into entropedia will calculate estimated revives for you, i have also included a excel file that can do this too, by entering the cords for three outposts near each other, and then it generates the cords for the centre point and mid points.

After you have these calculated I preferred to test them myself. This is important in a way because revive lines are 3D, so will change as altitude changes.

A problem i never found a solution to, is if space has more than one revive per server it may be impossible to map in 2d, due to the 3d nature of the maps.

As for embedding, I was planning on using the Google API to display the maps in a interactive manner.
    These are the resources I was planning on using to figure out how to do this, i did not look into it any further so unfortunately I can't be any more help there.

http://blog.mikecouturier.com/2011/07/create-zoomable-images-using-google.html
    https://webtide.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/custom-google-maps/

You are free to use all information contained in the PSD's as you like. If you have any further questions please feel free to drop me a pm, or a email at stave@stavepetty.com

Stave