1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Eggs - is there such a thing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Louise Ranavolana Brooks, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

I am not talking about the Easter Eggs you can receive in purchased Strongboxes here.

I can remember reading a reference to them in a post in the Forums.
    But I am unable to rediscover it.
    I understand it to be fortunate "finds" - distinct from fruit/stones/dung etc. that can be picked up by walking.

But I am not at all sure what the poster was referring to - and I am curious.

The closest I can think is when I was exploring along the coast & came across a little lagoon set into the coast.
    Rather than simply walk around, I jumped in & swam across - and in System chat I saw a message "Your Dexterity has Increased"
    - it may well have been from another action & I just did not notice, but then again.
    (needless to say I repeated the action next time I was on - but nothing happened :( )

So: Do happy instances exist?

• Like Like x 1
  2. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I think many years ago, when the game first started, there was a chance you may find gear on the ground (may be wrong, but I recall hearing it). I know one of my friend got a nice decent fap hidden in a bush in the middle of nowhere (probably someone was using 2 avatars and was trying to hand it over to another avatar), I think maybe 10 years ago.

Other then that, I don't think there is much in the way of items in terms of easter egges. Maybe there will be some nice / interesting scenery at certain places. Thats about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aspen Fable

Aspen Fable Member

I try to read a bit of the #arkadia chat while doing other things, and there was an interesting exchange once where 2 people were talking about placing objects just for fun while they're out and about...a third joined in and said they had found one of these once. So, I don't know anything about what else may be out there like the fruit, but it would be fun to find something that's been placed around the lands. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Oh yes, sometimes there are competitions / contests where things are placed for people to find. I also know of people who used to (may still do? not sure) drop some stuff if they have a good hunt / mining run, etc.

I once found about 1k animal hides on the ground while hunting, probably dumped by someone cos animal hides weigh alot for the tt value / mu you get, and is easy to overload a hunter on a long hunt.

;)

5. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

When I saw the thread title I thought you meant the old things hidden in the environment like the smiley face, the skeletons with 'Will dance for ped' signs and the cave on Caly pre-vu10 i.e. the stuff put in game as a joke by the devs (when the MA staff still had a sense of humour). I've done a lot of exploring on Ark but so far I've not found anything like those.

Some of the old ones from Caly are just visible here.
    http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/places_of_interest/

I've hidden objects around places, while I was on Caly in vu9 I've hidden pieces of armour within building walls (this was when we could lay down on the ground). I've left small stacks at Memorial Island but you'd be surprised how far people are willing to go with dropping stuff in weird places. On Ark I've found stuff hidden in the tops of waterfalls.

As for the random skill increase afaik skills can only increase when a decaying action is performed, the exception is when sweating but even then you still need to be aiming at something.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  6. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

Always look on top of crafting machines. .. lots of crafters refuse to pay auction fees for non sellable blueprints

7. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

When I ever get back to Caly I will make a point of looking up those places. I do know that some are.
    And, as a matter of fact I have found small items from time to time. and I usually leave a skyrocket in places I find interesting :)

8. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Some of the places mentioned in the list have moved with time or have been removed, I think......