1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Arkadia run on Win 8? It starts to run the downloader from the desktop exe then crashes

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Yavrashu, May 18, 2014.

1. Yavrashu

Yavrashu New User

Does Arkadia run on Win 8? It starts to run the downloader from the desktop exe then crashes without any notice or error report. Help??

2. Manny

Manny Member

I know people are playing in Win 8, but since I don't have them on my pc I can't actually offer any help on the matter.

Classic checks would be -> running it as administrator? is your firewall letting it through to connect?

3. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Windows 8 is very protective of program files folder, so if you install in a different folder and run as administrator at least for installing will run smoothly. I do have EU installed in both win 7 and 8.1

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I didn't have to do anything special to get it to work on windows 8. I don't have 8.1 tho so I can't say anything about that.

5. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I too haven't found any dificulties, just pointing some options to work with. Also 2 friends of mine had some issues on windows 8, one always get a file size mismatch during planet download, other says he doesn't have enought space on hard drive even he have 30 free Gb. Another good sugestion on this issue is, install the game some other computer like with win7, copy entire folder once downloaded all needed patches, and then put it on your win 8 computer, run installer again pointing to the copied folder and then game will identify all your dynamic content already downloaded.

6. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

You can try disabling user account control settings in the control panel aswell. That usually messes with installing certain software especially on windows 8 / 8.1.

You can also re download the installer and make sure it downloaded correctly.

7. moondog

moondog Member

I have laptop running windows 8 and it runs EU fine

8. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Same here.

I have run it on a Win 7 Desktop and a Win 8 Laptop recently, with no issues during installation.

9. DonKapone

DonKapone Member

So, i had the same problem.
    The easiest way to fix this is: Right click on entropia universe icon >>>go to Compatability tab >>>> Check Run this program in compatability mode for: and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
    This should fix it.