1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Pets increase skill gain?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by spardax, Apr 15, 2015.

1. spardax

spardax Member

Hello,

I have been using my nusul while hunting because I heard they give you extra skill gain, but so far I barely see any difference? is this true or in reality the only skill gain you get is the Pet and Taming?

2. San

San Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. spardax

spardax Member

So basically what it means is that, indeed the Pet only increase Pet handling and taming, but doing so increases all those skills involved with that profession shown on your 2 links correct?

4. San

San Well-Known Member

That's what every activity does. I became somewhat of a hair stylist even though I never did touch it with one click. :penguin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  5. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Exactly that.

The bonus skill gain only applies to the relevant, pet related skills (pet handler and animal tamer), but those skills have influence on quite a few professions (you can see them in the link San gave you) - for example them both slightly affect agility and intelligence attributes.

Now, if you ask me, those residual increases hardly justify the costs of having a pet and feed it; but on the other hand, if you enjoy the idea of leveling a pet, they can represent a nice little bonus.

6. spardax

spardax Member

Yes, I got a Nusul because people were saying they give good extra skill gain but I been using it and the difference is not that high... considering you need 10 ped of food to last atleast 1 month dont know if its worth it or not I will atleast get it to lvl 7 then I probably stop using it while hunting. Thanks for the insight everyone.

Until someone make a graphic of the Ped value of skills you gain extra while using the Pet it gets hard to know if its worth it or not maybe higher lvl gets better.

7. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

In the future, there could be pets which give other benefits. You can already buy pet buffs which give you extra HP etc (from stables). To receive these, pets need to be a certain level. There may be future buffs which give a 10/20 % skill bonus to other/ all skills and require a certain level pet.

There are also potential benefits from the Compet release!

However, I see it as a bit of fun at present, which may become more useful in the future as things develop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

There is also a website made (http://www.entropiapets.com/) that lists every pet you can get, and what kind of buffs they can get. Can be handy to know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. spardax

spardax Member

yes I checked that website, but it didnt have any information about the general skill gain and I didnt know that Pet handling and taming gave all those skills but now I know :D

• Like Like x 2