1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disciples & Skill Implants - HELP! Admin post if possible <3

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Johndoe, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Johndoe

Johndoe New Member

Hi guys,

First of all I'm a new player to EU and I really need some help. There seems to be alot of confusion on other forums about this topic.

I want to know as a Disciple CAN you use skill implants? If not please explain why, exactly.

Reason I say 'exactly' is because some people say no just because it increases you mentor level 'not that it is against the rules'

CLARIFICATION PLEASE.

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Last I heard, and I'm yet to hear it contradicted, you can't use skill chips as a disciple as the system actually locks you from doing it. I had to get MA to graduate me years ago as my mentor at the time disappeared and I had well and truly passed the point required for graduation and wanted to chip in a few things.

So its not against the rules, its just not possible to do as that is the way the system is designed.

If someone knows different, please correct me here.

3. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Johndoe

When a disciple chips in he only increases his profession level (skill points) but mentor progress does not count that increase and does not adjust your progress with chipping in. Due to mentor progress being tied to actual skill number and skill gain difficulty increases with the more skill you gain it will become harder and take longer to graduate if you chip in.

In the past chipping in used to be disabled for disciples but is now possible.

Regards,
    Chris

4. Johndoe

Johndoe New Member

So is it possible? and is it against the rules? I want to buy implants for mining and I'm a disciple can i do it?

5. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

It is possible and certainly not against the rules to chip in as a disciple. But as I mentioned if you do chip in it will become harder to graduate in that profession. However if you chip in mining it should not affect how hard it is to graduate in a non-related profession such as hunting.

6. Johndoe

Johndoe New Member

Thanks.

Thank you very much Chris.

7. Johndoe

Johndoe New Member

<removed>

The above link, is a screen shot that states that you can't use this skill implant as a disciple. I just took this screen shot afew mins ago.

Can we get an answer on this?

8. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

To clarify Johndoe, Chris have it almost right ;)

You can chip in and the old text* that disciples can't use skill implants is just something that MA missed to remove when they introduced the new mentor system.
    However it doesn't need to make it harder to graduate, it might seem to get harder to graduate** if you chip in these skills.

As a miner if you chip in Geology
    As a hunter if you chip in Anatomy
    As a crafter if you chip in Engineering

These skills will make it seem tougher for you to graduate if you chip them in.

*[strike]Disciples cannot use skill implants.[/strike]
    **Mentor System vu12.1.0

9. Johndoe

Johndoe New Member

Previous to your post I had posted a link with the image in 'advising you couldn't use it' Please ignore this.

Thank you very much. I believe that closes this thread. :)

10. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

It shouldn't make it any harder to graduate even if you chip in one of the three relevant skills, as the disciple progress is based on skill volume gained, not points gained.

11. MXC

MXC Member

Are you sure? That's contrary to what Chris said :huh:

12. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Oleg is right, but it's easier to explain it for a newbie based on skill counts but what matters is as Oleg points out the value aka tt value of the skills gained.

To illustrate it: (made up example)
    1 - 100skill points = 0.001ped/skill point
    5000 - 5100skill points = 0.10ped/skill point

100points starting at 1point is worth 0.10ped
    100points starting at 5000points is worth 10.00ped

I think it is around 9-10ped in skill value total in these 3 skills to graduate.

13. MXC

MXC Member

If that's the case, then shouldn't it not matter whether you chip into geology, anatomy, engineering or not? Or at least make much of a difference.

14. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I don't know if anyone has specifically tested it but I wouldn't expect it to make much of a difference.