1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSS Feed Developer-Notes--8

Discussion in 'Entropia Release Notes' started by ArkadiaBot, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ArkadiaBot

ArkadiaBot Bringer of News PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Developer Notes #8

Limited/Unlimited Item Balance

In order to improve the balance between limited and unlimited gear, MindArk has been refining the rate at which unlimited items gain tier levels. This effort has resulted in a decrease in the number of uses required for tier increases, especially at higher tier levels. Further reduction is planned in several steps during the next few version updates, allowing the MindArk design team to monitor and implement incremental changes while reducing the risk of disrupting delicate item market values.

To further improve balance between limited and unlimited items, the consumption rate of enhancers attached to unlimited items will be reduced by 50% in Version Update 14.7, currently scheduled for May 13.

Account Liquidation Auctions

A special liquidation auction of items from terminated accounts will be listed on Friday, April 25 and Monday, April 28.
    The following items will be listed on the Planet Calypso section of the Entropia Universe auction by the avatar MindArk Official Liquidator for a period of 7 days, with a starting bid of 1 PED.

Group A - Friday April 25

• Improved A-3 Justifier Mk.II
    • Shadow Harness (M)
    • Shadow Helmet (M)
    • Shadow Gloves (M)
    • Dagger Of Despair
    • Omegaton A203

View attachment 9275 View attachment 9278 View attachment 9279
    View attachment 9277 View attachment 9274 View attachment 9276

Group B - Monday April 28

• Modified Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
    • Shadow Arm Guards (M)
    • Shadow Shin Guards (M)
    • Starkhov AS-98
    • Ancient Omegaton M2870
    • Laganaus Arms Personal Cannon

View attachment 9281 View attachment 9282 View attachment 9283
    View attachment 9284 View attachment 9285 View attachment 9280

Originally posted here...

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Once again this is not Planet Calypso that liquidate these accounts it's MindArk and should be put up on Global Auction.

3. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

I agree with that for sure, they still don;t seem to understand the separation between the 2 of them and they are again kicking the PP's in the nuts for attracting people to Calypso to buy that stuff.

4. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

A conflict of interest (COI) occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation. - Wikipedia

All that needs said.

5. May

May Active Member

Yup, really not helping in convincing that MA and Planet Calypso are not one and the same.

But once again, it's apparently not important enough to change, or at least address.
    Disappointing.

6. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

hush hush, at least this way the auction fees go to my CLD income :)

Maybe this was because the people were caly born players? And when the first ark-born mega cheater gets banned they get sold on ark auction?

nice that this also shows the pictures btw, well done forum admins :)

7. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Find it interesting the ones cheating are the ones with the very big toys. imk2, etc.

8. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Well i guess they cheated first, then had the peds to buy the nice toys and then continued cheating.
    ofc back then those toys were a lot cheaper. (unless this is from those mining cheaters).

9. fluske

fluske Member

its gear from hieronyme/hunterz/nostrop ,they were afkhunters with imp mk2
    they did that like 8 years ago when gear was still cheap but more importantly..skilprices were still very high
    so thye prob funded their pedcard with skillselling

mind you..prices were insane back thne,i still remember selling rifle for like 4k % and blp tech for like 10k %

10. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Was going to say it will be players that were borne on Caly at one time you didn't have the option to be borne any where else.

That will be the lame MA reason that its going on the Caly Auction I agree it should be global and free transfer if item won.

Also the reason that many a long term player isnt able to choose there own home planet and revenue hits the CLD all those owners
    would brick themselfs that there virtual deed paying virtual money lost a lot of old virtual players hitting there peddies.

Unfortunatly we have all been around long enough to know how MA work and operate yet we are all around and playing still,
    those of you that are long term players then you might enjoy the following.

http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.de/

Thats the reason I am on ark ;) Great Team - Great Events - Great People ;) - Great FUN

Ark will have the toys that are equivalent to these and were starting to see smuggler come out ;) and that's going to be fun fun fun ;)
    I was borne years ago and years ago I am now back and loving ark I fly around but my new home is here I also like to just check out the other planets its so cheep in a quad to fly around gone are the days of 25 ped per ticket up to cnd and down its now like 5 ped.

I juts love the way everything is setup weapons make sense they have skill levels on them and work ;)

The Team come in and interact and Arks comming 3 lets not forget that ;) Caly has been around a long time.

The competition have arrived and that's why there running scared ;) If you look at other forums look at the worries
    over the CLD's and revenue drops.

11. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

Sounds as good news with the tier Changes, and thx for the info nicely provided A-Team :)
    I agree it should be on global auction period!

12. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

50% reduce in enhancer used?!?!?! Faster tiering for my tier 7 ASI TEN?!?!?!

>O.O<

* SQUEELSCREEM *

13. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

bwahaha i really did enjoy this one, and i agree 100% to what you wrote ... arkadia is the best planet this universe has ever seen, and i'm proud to take part in its evolution