1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design a Banner competition

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mordrell, May 19, 2013.

1. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Hi folks, I have been running my hunting logs here on Ark-forum for a long time now and started streaming the hunts live lately as well.

Thread: http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?4642-Mordrell-s-Hunting
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/mordrell

I am starting this competition to get the community involved in helping me tie the thread and stream together, and making the stream channel itself better looking.

What I require is the following:

Forum signature (with info of stream and hunting log)
    Video player banner displayed on the player when the channel is offline ... image should be 16x9 to fill entire player
    Header image for stream displayed at the top of the channel page above the title of the broadcast. ... image should exactly 640x125 px
    Background Image background of the channel page

The prizes:
    The winner will join me on a one hour full tilt hunt on any mob of his/her choice (as long as I am capable of killing it), and will receive all the loot at the end of the hour.

I am sure there is more than enough images contained in my hunting log, but if any more is needed applicants can contact me on the forum or via the ingame registry if you want me to pose for any additional pictures.

Please post all applications in this thread :fineprint:, and also the competition entries will be accepted untill 30 June 2013 at which time a winner will be chosen. + 2 weeks added ... new deadline is 14 July 2013

I reserve the right to cancel the competition if no suitable entries are found ... although I have more faith in the creative community ;)

Have to add this condition too before I kill myself later on :D ... if any Unl item is looted during hunt the winner will receive peds of 1/2 its mu value. The same holds true for any uber hit during the 1 hour, value will be split 50/50. .... Can just picture myself looting something truly awesome and having to give it to the winner ... I will have nightmares forever :D

Aditional prizes:
    1)200 ped
    2)100 ped
    3)50 ped

2. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

I like the sound of this, hopefully your signature will be better than mine... if I'm not drunk... maybe... I'll try...

lol

3. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

What do you consider an Uber 1000 PED and up and is that for both Items and lets say Oil ?

Interesting competition, will see if I can come up with something.
    Some pics of you would be nice, front, back and profile.

4. Mordrell

Yup anything over 1k ped in value = uber
    Items exceeding 1k ped in mu value will be split.

Ill upload some pics in high quality as soon as I can and attach them to the first post :D

5. Mordrell

6. Mordrell

Bump this up, looking for entries :D

7. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

Question, the twitch.tv design is for the new version or the old one? because the new (beta) design don't seem to have background or header image....

8. Mordrell

On my twitch account the three options are up-loadable, also i just read the following there :D

All images must be no greater than 3mb. Acceptable file formats are GIF, JPG, and PNG.

9. Mordrell

bumping up, 1 month to go to get your entries submitted :D

10. Mordrell

Need entries bumping this up :)

11. Mordrell

Don't want to bump this thread twice in 24 hours but added 3 additional prizes, for the top three entries.

That means the winner will receive the loot from a 1 hour full out hunt + 200 ped (possibly 600-1k total depending on loot)

12. SLD

SLD Member

A few questions regarding the loot/hunt mentioned...

To start it seems that you are assuming any items looted will be given to you by the loot system, this may or may not happen, if you don't do the most damage or if it just randomly decides to give the item to the other guy. So you should state straight forward that "I will keep ANY UL items looted during the hunt, and will pay you 50% of the MU on that item". Also, lets think of the UL guns... many have very high TT value as well.
    1) So say the gun has 900ped TT value and MU of +5000. Do you pay 50% of both TT and MU, or just MU? As is, it sounds like the other guy will only be getting 2500ped, instead of 2950ped.
    2) What if the item has never been sold, and so has no listed MU? The gun may be worth +5k or +10k to someone else, so what % do you pay the other guy in this scenario?
    3) What if the "other guy" gets this UL item in his loot? Certainly it would be tempting for them to just keep the item, since 5000ped is better than the possibly ~1k ped return in loot.

I know these are a bit elaborate questions since its not all that likely to happen, but I'm just curious how it would be handled. These are things that anyone who ever does a team hunt has to think about. Curiosity got the best of me. :)

13. Mordrell

Well the hunt will work the following way ... you pick the mob I have to hunt. You will then join me for the 1 hour as well as my fapper, I will kill the mobs for the entire 60min and then hand over all loot to the winner. If the winner also wishes to shoot at the mobs he has to provide his own weapon/ammo/armor etc, and standard item sharing rules will the apply ie 50/50 split, I will prefer to not do things this way as it could overcomplicate everything.

I will prob be using either p46+a104 or x1+beast (dante if I can find one) and adj or imp fapper depending on the chosen mob. It will be best however to choose something that is not going to kill me too much and slow down the hunt, which will just end in less loot for the winner.

Regarding item split etc, usually I give my fappers 5% of any uber we hit, this has happened quite a few times in the past. The item is then sold and the fapper receives 5% of the total ped from the sale, 5% of tt+mu... the same wild hold true for any big item looted during the hunt except I will give the winner 50% of the tt+mu of the sold item.

Hope this clarifies thing a bit :)

Cheers Mord

14. Mordrell

Bump, still looking for entries :D

15. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

I just had another look at the OP to see if I could work out why there might not be enough entries (based on Mordrell's last post), and tbh, first place is a pretty cool prize that could be worth a fair bit!

That, and there's also 200 ped for first place, 100 ped for second place, 50 ped for third place.

Certainly a good opportunity for a new player who has some design skills, not only to score some loot, but to see how a higher skilled player does it! Give it a go, guys!

16. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hi Mordrell,

Not sure if I got this right, but did you take the screenshots in windows mode?

If so, it might be worth to retake them in full window resolution. You might also want to zoom (scroll) in more so the avatar gets bigger, and then use the "up/down" buttons in the num lock of your keyboard to adjust your perspective before taking the screenshot.

Last but not least, try to hide your dashboard(top) to get that extra space.

Every bit more helps.:)

Looking forward to the entries!

Cheers,
    Cyrus

17. Mordrell

Some ppl have already contacted me ingame and are working on entries, I may extend the closing date however to give ppl more time.

But yeah the first place prize can range anything from 600 ped to in excess of 1k ped depending on my luck on the day.

My gfix just arent very good on my laptop, for best pics people are advised to contact me ingame. I am very happy to pose for pics and have done so for a few ppl already :D

18. Angel O2 Mercer

Angel O2 Mercer Member

I contacted Mordrell for a quick photo shoot and I'm sharing the results with everyone, so you all have high quality photos of him for the contest.

You can find the complete photo shoot here: http://arkadiaforum.com/photopost/search.php?searchid=23

Here are some examples, but you can find a lot more on the gallery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun.

.Zip with all the photos [ here ].

19. Mordrell

Wow they came out great, I especially like the ones with the s4.... that gun looks like it can shoot through a tank haha

20. Mordrell

I fooled around on twitch etc to give people some idea of what i am looking for, first off their are two versions of twitch.tv that can be chosen by the veiwer. In the old version the stream has the banner and channel with offline image:

View attachment 7541 View attachment 7543

The newer version I cant get the banner to show but the background can be adjusted:

View attachment 7542 View attachment 7544

In both versions above I created a simple thing in paint to show where they go etc.

The signature should have the following format:

View attachment 7545

Size of text, layout etc is up for interpretation... As long as it says clearly Mordrell's Hunting and has the two clickable links. If you do not know how to create clickable links in an image you can just submit the image as is and my brother will program the necessary links in with html (sounds like greek to me too, but he assures me its childsplay :p). If you want to add my avatar name or some slogan on the signature or the banner go ahead, be creative ;)

Also a bonus would be if everything has the same theme and colouring.

Lastly I have decided to extend the deadline by two weeks too give everyone working on their submissions enough time to properly polish etc.

Cheers Mordrell