1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave, this needs addressing immediatly

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by slither, Jul 7, 2011.

1. slither

slither Active Member

Withdrawals have been delayed for months now, my last withdrawals taking in the region of 40-44 biz days to be committed even though MA say 30 biz days max.

My current withdrawal is now at 49 biz days (over 2 months) and still not committed, and all I get from support is the same old 'thanks for you patience' BS form reply.

I know you're not MA but this situation is going to destroy arkadia along with the rest of entropia if it isn't sorted out. How can people honestly be expected to deposit their hard earned money if they have such difficulty getting it back?

The only reasons I can think for this situation is (a) MA don't have the available cash to cover the withdrawals or (b) they can't afford to take on more staff. Either way it's looking pretty grim for MA (and arkadia).

Please talk to the guys at MA and see if you can get them to improve this appauling situation.

2. ermik

ermik Member

my withdrawal took 2 months , live in sweden.

The delay for withdrawals are a safety feature for MA , ensuring they can handle multiple very large withdrawals without running out of funds.

But yes , any deposit in eu should be made with care if you need access to the money fast.

cheers

ermik

3. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Hi mate. This will not change a thing for Arkadia as it has always been like this and will likely continue to be like this. MA has to do a complete security check for all funds withdrawn to ensure that its legis (not funds gathers via exploits or scamms and to ensure that its not a money laundering scheme)

Sure it sucks for it to take this long but I welcome more rigit security protecalls because its serves as higher security for us.

4. slither

slither Active Member

The withdrawal 'delay' is 30 bizz days according to MA but is running to 50+ days. If MA said 60biz days for a withdrawal that's fine by me, as long as they stick to it.

When MA say 30 biz days and it runs to 50 biz days then the only conclusion a player can make is they're having financial difficulty. This is a serious problem that MA have started for themselves, even if they have planty of cash to handle withdrawals they're still putting forward the impression that they don't - and that could kill this game.

5. slither

slither Active Member

Fopsie, it hasn't always been like this. Once the initial security check had been made then all withdrawals have been made within the 30bz day timeframe that MA stated (actualy the bulk have been done in 30 standard days). It's only been the last 6 months when delays have become longer and longer.

6. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

only half right on this mate. I have cashed out a few times in the past dating back to 2005 and can assure you that its not always 30 bizz days, heck I have nether even gotten anything out in less then 40biz day. On the majority of cases the 30biz day is applicable but every now and then it takes for ever. All you have to do is go search PCF arkhives and you will see complaints about withrdawals taking longer then expected dating back for years popping up every now and then in the arkhives.

7. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

And JSM says he gets withdraws weekly.... so, wondering why your specific withdraw has issues. :( And no answer or reason from MA at all?

8. slither

slither Active Member

I've been cashing out on average twice a month for 2 1/2 years, so I know how withdrawals have been over that time period (prior to that there may have been more problems). Ofc there's going to be the occasional player who has a problem but for the past 6 months it's been a problem for everyone.

This is not just my problem, or a problem a few people are dealing with. It's every single withdrawal that's been requested for around 6 months.

It amazes me how complacent many players are with this situation. The whole premise of this game is that you can withdraw, without that you may as well go play one of the many monthly fee games.

9. slither

slither Active Member

From what I understand, MA give preferance to players who once had a cash card but I have no idea why they do this.

10. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

I can tell you that any time I ever did a withdrawal, it's always been within that 30 business day period of time, but I've only done I think 3 or 4 withdrawals in the 6+ years I've been in EU. The last one I did was last November. I don't know why it takes so much longer for some, and I just saw in a new thread that Hoos posted at PCF that he now has 7 withdrawals in process, and in business days, he has been waiting 49, 45, 44, 42, 41, 39, and 33 days, so it seems that something has changed.

Perhaps the whole SEE situation has something to do with it right now, I don't know, but I have to agree with Slither on this one ... if you're going to advertise up to 30 business days, then adhere to that advertisement or change it if things have changed. Many people invest in this universe not just to play, but to provide a service, and if they make something from that service, then they should have an expectation that their withdrawals are received in a reasonable time.

We're talking real money here in an RCE, so if something has changed in this respect, then paying customers should know about it, and not left hanging when they're used to something else.

Also, I can confirm that I used to have a cash card WAY back when it first came out, and I used it once, but I never heard anything about MA giving preference to people who used to have one - that was really a long time ago, and that whole system was a flop.

11. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Simple really, that cash card was basically a normal ATM card, having that available meant you could go down to the corner shop and pull out money in a flash. We got the same sort of agreement and full legal details you get when you get one from a bank. Those who held those cards were told when it went away (temporarily at the time while they found a new dibs provider or something) that until such time as it returned they would honor any withdrawel requests from card holders in a more 'normal' electronic transfer fashion, which means no worse than a few days depending on your country and bank.

You just missed the notice probably, and you have to do a support case each time as well with the details of your withdrawel and to remind them you are a cash card holder and so please pretty please arrange the normal transfer time for card holders. I don't think I've ever waited more than a few days, and even though it's been years as far as I know they still plan to bring them back if they ever get the bank license sorted.

Agree though, if something has changed that makes them need longer than 30 days for regular withdrawels (if in the majority of cases rather than the minority) they should issue a notice saying what the new time frame to allow is.

12. James Clayton

James Clayton Member

I would not wory, with a suport case to remind them over and over you wil get paid.

A little story, I use to work for a very large multinational, at one point I was one of their buyers. When one of my supliers called me to complain that he had not been paid and that 45 days had pased I went to the accounts payable departement and enquired if any thing was wrong. The answer I received was " No problem at all, but it's company policy that we dont' even look at a bill before it is 60 days due, it helps our cash flow and gives the company 60 days of extra intrest."

13. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

*Moved this to the Entropia Universe section as it's an MA issue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MindStar9

I have NO clue what that's all about whatsoever, and was actually reimbursed for the TT cash card that I had purchased in the first place - both my bother and I were - and that's the only announcement I saw, that due to the program not being available, people who purchased the card would be getting the 250 ped back in inventory.

Also, I never had to remind MA about anything when I made my regular withdrawals, nor did I ever get notification or see any announcement that I had to do anything different. Everything worked just fine as expected - and even got my ATH withdrawl within 20 days in April 2008.

Whatever the case, the policy has always been the same as far as I know, with the 30 business day deal, but it seems that more and more people are experiencing a much longer wait now, so something has to be up.

On another note ... I don't think it's a PP's place to intervene on behalf of players regarding services provided by MA to the player base. Besides, if this delay in receiving withdrawals has anything to do with their cash flow at the moment - especially in light of the SEE situation with Calypso - then there's nothing a PP could do anyway.

I think there's more at play here than just MA being a bit lazy in the turnaround time with withdrawals, but I doubt that they will share that information.

15. slither

slither Active Member

I think you're wrong. The service MA give to the players is effectively a service they give to the PP. If MA upset the players the PP suffers too, it would be foolish of them to ignore everything MA do.

Anyway, Dave sent me a pm and I'm happy now that someone has at least listen to me. I understand that Dave can't get involved with every minor problem a player has, but I think this effects the whole community in a big way.

16. MindStar9

Fair enough, I hope it gets sorted.

17. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

it probably has to do with that big ban while back they are still investigating lots. especially cause u usually withdrawl often i dont think the problem is u.

18. slither

slither Active Member

No, it's been going on longer than the big ban

19. billairboy

billairboy Member

I think it could be a cash problem. Probably they must "wait" for deposits from other players before paying out the withdrawals.

20. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Thought I would copy a little update on this problem from Kim/MA on EF for anyone still waiting on a withdrawal, it does sound like more than one issue going on at the same time for what it's worth.

Someone then pointed out it is taking longer than that in some cases...