1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missions Confusion in Map mission

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sniqs, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Hi,

I'd like to point out a few things about the Map mission (see screenshots for reference):

1. The mission text from Tom Tennant has two mistakes. One is a typo (Feul instead of Fuel) and the other one is the name of the NPC we need to talk to. Tom says it's John Davidson, but the NPC in Fuel Depot is named Garry Dash.

2. I converted two Map 1s into keys. One was yesterday, one was today. After doing one yesterday I couldn't do the other one. I went to Tom, got the mission, but when I went to Fuel depot I got the Mission Aborted text and Garry had a blue exclamation mark above his head (not sure what that means). Today it was similar, except Garry didn't have the blue exclamation mark. I still got the Mission Aborted text but after a while (lag?) the proper mission window appeared and I could decode the map. I can't really remember how it was yesterday with the first map, but maybe someone else can post if they got the Mission Aborted message. It would be less confusing if the text stated Mission Completed, not Aborted.

3. A minor, but annoying issue: After getting the mission from Tom it is automatically tracked and a waypoint is placed on the map. The waypoint "covers" the TP so when you enter a teleporter you can't click the Fuel Depot TP. First you need to untrack the mission. Not sure if this is something you can fix, but just putting it out there since this is probably the same for any other missions with waypoints close to TP.

View attachment 9185

View attachment 9184

2. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Sniqs

Thans for the report, the spelling mistake and the incorrect name will be changed in a future update.
    Ill also look at the waypoint issue as I believe I did not have that issue in the test environment.

As for the mission repeatablility I believe you have an hour cool down on repeating the mission. An hour is the minimum time that can be set on a repeatable mission.

Regards,
    Chris

3. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Ok, makes sense. Thanks for your reply. Perhaps it would be possible for the Garry NPC to reply with something like: "Come back later, I'm busy now" while the cooldown is in effect? Or I guess that's what the blue exclamation mark is for? As for the waypoint, it just occurred to me that it's probably not a problem if you use the TP list to choose the Fuel Depot TP. I'm just used to clicking on the map itself and couldn't do that.

4. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Another thing I'll add is that when trying to talk to Tom Tennant without a map, I got absolutely no response or even any indication that he was an active mission broker, which was a bit confusing. Some kind of clue that I should bring him a map would be helpful.