1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compensation For Being Looted In A Bug

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Mutant Atrax Stalker, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Mutant Atrax Stalker

Mutant Atrax Stalker Active Member

OK, I've brought this up a couple of times. There have been a couple of comments regarding whether or not this actually happens, and I've been talking about being compensated for a 250 ped loot in the past.

I've been looted several times and apparently I've confused two amounts. I found the link into my support history, and I present to you the following, my support case from being spawned in PVP and immediately looted over calypso:

EDIT: When I pasted this in it had nice tables, the forum has mashed it up. I separated the posts.

=========================================================================

History for support case <number removed>:

2012-09-22 22:56 You wrote:

I hope this is a bug report.

I have logged back into entropia the last few days, after some time away.

Today, I deposited 1500 peds, and purchased some resources. Then i went to space. I was going to check it out, and if necessary log out - coming back later to travel.

My PC crashed loading space. When i managed to log back in, I am at a revival with no resources. In my crazed searching I have found that my quad is burned out and in my inventory.

I'm left to assume that I spawned in lootable PVP and was looted. I'm filing this tiecket in case there has been a bug or some other glitch. Perhaps I should not have spawned directly in lootable PVP?

I'm filing this ticket hoping for some "good news" and my resources are in planet storage, or some other bug has occured. I won't be logging in again until I've received the e-mail notice of a response to this ticket hopefully that will minimize any log research.

Thank you for you time and I await the clarification.
    =============================================================================

2012-09-28 21:29 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. You should be spawned inside the Space Station area after leaving a Planet, I have forwarded your compensation request for further investigation, and you will be contacted in this support case shortly.

Thank you for your patience and please accept our apologies for any inconveniences this is causing you.

Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support
    ====================================================================

2012-09-28 21:35 You wrote:

thank you.

I did never fully load space, I don't beleive I could have moved even accidentally.

I will be patient I appreciate the update.
    ===========================================================================

2012-11-11 17:00 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

I am happy to inform you that this problem has been fixed and that you have been compensated with the items that you lost due this bug.

Here is the list of the items that has been placed in the avatarĀ“s carried inventory:
    470.22 PED Belkar Ingot
    300.00 PED Lysterium Ingot
    413.56 PED Melchi Crystal

Thank you for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe!

Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support
    ============================================================================================

There you have it. I don't know what their "policy" on this matter is but I don't think I've shared anything I'm not supposed to in this old support ticket. Obviously I can't say what they will do in such a widespread instance.

I absolutely encourage everyone who legitimately got caught up and looted leaving Planet Arkadia to submit a support ticket regarding the issue.

I don't honestly know if the PVP is part of the moon revenue or not, but TBH in terms of the game systems no pirate has done anything "wrong" (it hurts me to say that) so I have no idea but suspect that any compensation that they did make would be coming out of their funds while the pirates keep the loot.

Seriously, there's a lot of complaining and MA doesn't do much about a lot of issues, it leads to an attitude that they won't accept any accountability at all. There's always complaints about PED lost in PVP, etc...

But the fact is they're pretty good about money. They wouldn't survive long at all if they developed a legit, documentable history of literally breaking things that cost the player base in total hundreds or thousands of dollars and then just saying "Ooops, sorry not sorry".

So complaining or asking or even arguing about who did what aside - If you were impacted by this bug please take a moment to file a report and create a trackable issue. Especially if it was in the first hours. I don't know how or where they'll draw a line, obviously.

There is a non-zero chance that you will actually be given back your Items.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mutant Atrax Stalker

Still browsing my support history lol.

Another time where an actual glitch in the game cost me PED:
    =======================================================================================
    2012-05-16 16:20 You wrote:

hey i arrived at calypso last night, had an issue landing but appeared to get down safely. I performed several activities including crafting, then logged out and went to bed.

This morning when i looged in i was in space, where i died and revived onboard dreadnought. When i left the ship i went into some glitch zone and had to revive into the ship again. After that i wa able to exit and fly to calypso.

In the mids of tall this several acutions ended, but I'm pretty sure i paid twice to get to calypso . can someone look into that and perhaps give the 2 ped back. Thanks.
    ==========================================================================================
    2012-05-16 20:44 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the detailed information. We will certainly investigate this matter further, try to locate the cause and prevent it from happening again.

After investigating your case, compensation has been granted to you for this issue. I have now updated the account with 2.1 PED, which you will find in the "PED-flow Center" where you then can transfer them to the PED card.

We offer our sincere apology for any inconveniences caused and hope you have a nice day.

Kind regards,
    George | Planet Calypso Support
    =============================================================================================

No drama, no fuss or ten tickets and video evidence required. They do have logs.

3. Mutant Atrax Stalker