1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colouring and texturing

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by wournos, May 16, 2014.

1. wournos

wournos Active Member

I've been reading up a little on how colouring works but don't fully understand it. I know I need a colouring tool and that lvl 0 paint needs to be put in the tool window along with the item I want to colour. But a few threads that I have read, and even a YT video, suggests using multiple buckets of paint in the same field but don't explain why.
    What's the reason for adding multiple buckets? Has it to do with transparency or something?

Also, is the same tool used to apply texture to items? Or is that done with the manufacturing terminal?

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

you need multiple cans to get a fully saturated item or even control over the saturation you want, as if you put in less then 323* cans of a maxed paint you are not sure of the outcome.

But for skilling purpose look at the tt value and if you are SIB or not on the paint, when starting out maybe 5pec or even 10pec paint is enough to get skills and since there is a skillcap /attempt no use to throw in 20ped to try and get more skills at one time.

Also be aware that you need to color all fields at one time if you want multiple fields colored as you can't add just one field at a later time as then you need to bleach the whole thing and start over. of course if you just want one field colored then no need toput anything in the other fields.

Texturing works the same as coloring but you need the Texturizer (L) to apply textures

Something else that might be good to know too, if you bleach (C,L) items it will decay 1pec that you obviously cant repair back up again. And remember you get 90% of the tt value back in ped, but if the unlimited thing you are trying to color isn't full tt the ped will prioritize to "repair" the item.
    Ex:
    a shirt have tt of 9/10ped and you use 1ped paint to skill with and expect to get 90pec back, it will instead go into the tt of the shirt which will then be 9.90/10ped
    or same thing but the shirt have 9.5/10ped you will get a shirt with 10/10ped and 40pec in return

*323 seems to be the number that works 99.99999999% of the time to get 100% saturation, not me who worked that out though but it works for me

3. wournos

wournos Active Member

Thanks for the info. I do have one more question. Must a coloured item be bleached before I can colour it again?

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yes, you need to bleach it before you attempt to colour again

5. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

6. wournos

wournos Active Member

Ok, great. Thanks. Me and my 6 blue paint cans will have to be patient then. :p

7. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

I look at my storage and i am surprised. I think something changed about skill level colors and i do not know when. Orange used be level 0 color for skill. I can see now, orange, blue and yellow show "Level 0 recommended". And Olive is level 2. I worked hard in the past for reach level 3 and use olive. I must look wich level is now steel blue and others :). I am level 4.7 now but stop skill in color when arkadian textures reach, because you can change colors with arkadian textures (carabok give you a jungle camouflage look).

Unlimited color tool is not in trade terminal since october 2007. I always send to terminal each time i finish use, and after that update i find i do not have this 2 ped tt tool (Name was CCT-1, you can find perhaps in auction for more value). I buy then a L color tool with about 7 ped tt and at the moment, more 6 years later is still working, because i do not skill very much, only color for my own use each time i change model clothes :p.

If you are in Arkadia, i can sell you an unlimited bleacher color for market value, with low tt, can be less 4 ped. If you not find a L colorer tool, i can see if i have blueprint and try craft one.

But i repeat something a society mate say me when i start at level 0. "You must do a very big lot thousand clicks with colorer tool for reach high level".

Greetings.