1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarification about how PP's make money please

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by GeorgeSkywalker, Feb 20, 2011.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

There seems to be a lot of confusion on pcf about where our cost to play goes. I mean if we (players who started on calypso) travel to a different planet say Arkadia and play there where does our cost to play go to? or rather to whom and in what proportion?

I thought some proportion goes to the PP we start on, some to the PP we are playing on and some to MA. Is this right? if so what percentages?

An official word from David or an Arkadian official would be welcome...

Edit:
    Could a forum admin please change thread title to PP's rather than P"s ...typo :)

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Lol was thinking of asking this here too. My main question is if i move to Arkadia and play and decay and loose peds. Will Arkadia get them or does FPC/SEE get them since i started there? I assume/hope the first, but like George said, there is a lot of confusion of pcf :)

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

not sure we'll ever get an official anwser on this. as i think it has changed from the only decay model. Judging by the way Rocktropia and Next island is designed and taxed i have a feeling a lot of it has to do with taxing. But i think if that came out so bluntly there would be kind of an uproar.
    Although thats really stupid there is little difference from Deathfier upgrading Treasure Island and spending how much he has over the years then spending money creating a land area from scratch.

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

All good mate.

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

I'm asking who gets our cost to play? that's a bit different from the questions and allegations you pose.

I think an Arkadian official is allowed to comment on how our cost to play is distributed to the different parties involved. Can't see any reason why that would be kept secret...

6. krm398

krm398 Member

George, I'm not an official person of any kind, but it seems obvious to me that the planet your on gets whatever you spend there. Calypso is owned by MA, since it was the first, so things like:repair costs,tp travel,buying mining probes and ore bombs,all go to MA, and should go to the owner of the planet they're bought on. If they are forced to pay 'taxes' on that, that's a deal between them, probably for the right to be called part of the 'Entropia Universe' like people have to pay a certain amount to have a 'Wendys' sign above their restaurant.

Just my opinion but it makes sense, right?

7. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

8. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Today is the first time I have heard of this possible situation where the planet (no matter who owns it today) you originally created your avatar/account on will always get a piece of you, no matter if you are living/playing/depositing/spending on another planet. The idea just leaves me stunned, but then again, little left in Entropia that can shock or surprize me anymore.

I will of course be there to check out and try to support your new planet, but more importantly I wish you great success in marketing it so that you get more new players than old if the above sceniaro is true. Sad that PP are so very restricted in what they can tell us or the questions they can answer regarding issues where there should be nothing to hide.

Ps: it was being said on PCF that both Arkadia and ND confirmed the above as an accurate situation, though no reference to link to those supposed statements.

edit: I'm not having a go at you Ozi, you are at this point my only hope Obi Wan ;)

9. Calin

Calin Member

Unless I missed something there is nothing at that link answering the base question. If I, having started on Calypso, move to Arkadia and spend use decay etc, does SEE as the current owner of Calypso, get any money?

Not necessarily asking about who gets what cut, just who gets A cut.

Either way, I can't wait to explore Arkadia!!!!

10. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

In an early post on other forum there was a share form 50/50 MA-PP stated. I think we won't get an 100% answer to this questions. As I look at MAs behaviour, there will be a ยง in contract about some things forbidden to speak about in public.

I *hope* that there is not such a rule about sharing, depending on what planet our AVAs are "born", but from MAs point of view it would make sense. They want PP to attract more ppl in the game. So this can be another good reason for PP to bring up their "own" ppl into the universe.

11. Cani Ostro

Cani Ostro Member

I just flew over it, tbh, maybe I overread the answer.

Will the planet partners get benefits if they "attract" the deposits? Playing on my preferred planet, I would like the partner also have some kind of advantage for me depositing for playing, because it is -his- work that keeps me playing. The peds get credited to my pedcard no matter from where I deposit, but I could imagine that MA would provide better or other support to a partner where they see many deposits are coming from.

12. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

I think someone over at PCF (might have been Marco) mentioned that indeed the PP you start you life at will always get part of the money you spend in the universe, no matter what planet you are on. Let me see if I can find it.

[edit]
    OK, can't find it and come to think of it, it could have been one of the other PP's that said that. I think it was a while ago though.

13. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

I think it is an interesting question that probably does need clarification, maybe not particularly because of Arkadia, but because I've read that Planet Micheal is related to charity and things of that nature, with possibly a portion of the income going in to those charities. If that happens, I suspect that some sort of clarification will be needed at one point in time.