1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celeste North Lag?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Few Scars, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Hi Dev team

Just a few observations.
    1. As already noted the main side wall in the apartments can not have items added to it.
    2. When in shops we get occasional lag with views of the water underneath the buildings. Can the water underneath Celeste North be removed to reduce the lag?
    3. Also with the shops, can you clear up which is the display area region and additional area? I have been trying to add items to my display area 8/12 and told it is maxed, yet my additional area 8/8 is full?

Cheers
    Bjorn

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hi Bjorn,

We'll have a look at the water to see if it's an issue.
    We're also looking into the wall issue which is affecting a number of apartments.
    The display and additional areas cross over giving the shop owners extra item points for the outside display area, if we change it they will lose item points outside hence we decided to do it the way we have.

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Can I request a favour? Unless there is a particular reason for posting feedback or bug reports in the private section then please stick them in the public area as having multiple people confirm the same issue on a wider selection of systems is more beneficial to the dev team as it gives them more of an idea what can/cannot be fixed through coding issues by MA or by themselves.

Cheers.

*Moved to public Feedback*

• Like Like x 1
  4. w d roberts

w d roberts Member

Ok, I looked but I didn't find the PCF thread yet. But apparently, so I've read, the water under the shops/land is part of the design of the game. It's sort of a sea level water. It's under all ground, and if you fall through the ground, and people do via glitch, that's where you end up. I read that some long time players, glitch ninja and not, have swum all the way to the bottom of the underlying water (they posted screenies and all). So I don't think the water is an Arkadia issue. If I find the thread I'll post a link.

5. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Yes wd, everything sits on the water plain as the base, so not so much removing the water or anything like that from any one spot as finding the glitch that lets you see it or fall through to it. If you get inside that water plain you can wander all over looking at the surface above you lol (don't try it and get stuck and say it's my fault ;) )

6. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

icco and I found a hole kind of by the NPE (between arrival lounge and Resolute Firebase) where we could jump in. Actually, icco found it and showed it to me. When done, we could swim to the pond at the base of the cliff by the Arrival Lounge and we would end up above ground again. If the water in the harbor itself is at the same level as that under the shops, you could just swim out and then go back.

7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

I doubt it's caused by lag. The more likely explanation is a slightly misalligned wall because I don't get this issue in any of my other estates on any other planet. A misalligned wall can cause a "leak" in rendering the scene properly which may be whats happening here.

The water you see is as someone mentioned above. It's a default state, used to happen on calypso in the past when one of the vu's was bugged e.g. trying to tp somewhere, you would land not on land as we normally do but water.

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

edit:
    checked shop today. Didn't notice any walls misalligned. When you turn rapidly that can cause this problem, so guess I was wrong and it probably is lag...

9. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I dont get lag inside shops...

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

I did another test :)

Was accident actually. I was setting up my apartment at night and noticed light was coming from edges where walls meet. So it could be the walls after all not being perfectly aligned. Not visible to the naked eye but maybe a pixel or 2 out.