1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carabok Eco hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by karys3, May 3, 2014.

1. karys3

karys3 New Member

hello this is my first time posting something at this forum and i am not native english speaker so if you found mistake please write ;).

I am going to talk about what is the best weapon to hunt caraboks thought i didnt even used more than 10 weapons in total but i have my own top 3 weapons ;) and i wrote some options about other tried weapons.

Top 3 Weapons

1.Sollomate Azuro (L) i chose it because it is very fast so you dont lose extra pecs because of carabok regen.with it's low costs to kill carabok this makes it at the moment best weapon i ever tried.
    http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=1184 here is entropedia to check it.
    2.S.I. Flamethrower the reason it is second because it takes a whiel to kill carabok because it deals damage over time but you can burn 2 caraboks at the time so that makes you lose less hp.http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=S.I._FlameThrower entropedia of this weapon.
    3. S.I. PSY-Blade this weapon is third because it decays little bit more than other weapons but it allows you to hunt caraboks i think even with Azuro.http://cyren.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=S.I._Psy-Blade

Other tested weapons:
    Herman Asi TT-R he is very fast but it costs too much to kill one carabok and makes you overkill
    Shayeb S10 (L) this is very slow compared to Azuro or any pistol, and if i did top 5 he could be in 4th place.
    S.I. HK110 really nice weapon but it decays like hell if we can compare it with ammo usage it will be like 60% ammo and 40% weapon decay cost thought it's not the worst opinion.
    i have tested all herman TT weapons they are kind of risky to use since it cost much to do that 1 shot to deal like 6 dmg and enemy can make you miss it or carabok can evade and you will need lower damage weapon aswell to finish it and it is not really eco.

Looking forward to test other weapons but for non-depo it takes a time so please wait for the continue ;) feel free to comment what you think i can improve.

Fulvia Flavia Domittila

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I like the look of the Azuro. Low fast damage. Almost no overkill. But how are you obtaining them? Is it a TT weapon? Market history looks bad with the dpp really dropping if you are paying market rates. I really like TT weapons for punies like caraboks as there is no MU to worry about.

Actually I confess I like grenade launchers for punies. I will use a small weapon to tag 10 to 20 mobs, and then, once there are enough swarming to start doing serious damage to me, I pull out a grenade launcher to finish them off. Not sure if it is eco but for me it's more fun.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

3. karys3

karys3 New Member

hmm i get them by buying from local people from celeste quarry. and doesnt the grenada launcher divide damage to all targets hit?

4. KikkiJikki

Yes grenade launcher does damage split between multiple targets. That's why I tag lots and lots of mobs first so the damage is spread amongst them all to minimise overkill. Plus it's fun to suddenly be surrounded by a sea of blue dots.

With regard to the Azuro, I am not sure what MU you are paying but it might be worth plugging it into entropedia to see how it affects your dpp. I'm not sure how familiar you are with entropedia. Go here and filter on name = Azuro to find the Azuro. Then in the settings section, tick the "Markup Based" check box, enter the markup you are paying and click Apply.

5. karys3

karys3 New Member

i am not the best at editing but i can write the mu that i am usually buying azuro. well usually i buy azuro for like 1.20 peds full tt (70 pecs) so that's around ~150%

6. karys3

karys3 New Member

sorry that i took to long to respond but i am bad at editing so i can write how much i buy azuro for here ;) the price is when 0.70 tt (full) i buy it for like 1.15-1.20 so less then 200% but more than 150%

7. KikkiJikki

Just running the numbers:

For the Azuro
    [TABLE="width: 500"]

MU

Damage per Pec

Av Cost to kill 100 carabok (pec)

[/TABLE]

It's nice that reasonably large increases in MU are only costing you a little extra. But consider that for the 10k mission that 150% MU is costing you an extra 9.7 ped.

Even so it still compares quite favourably with the Cap-tt R. It has no MU since you can buy it from the TT, but its dpp is 2.780 which is the same as the Azuro at 150%. And of course the occasional overkill is costing you a little extra. So while you are paying close to 150% the Azuro seems like a good choice but as you get closer to 200% the TT weapon starts to look better. In that situation you could consider using both. Do most of the damage with the TT weapon and then switch to the Azuro to finish to minimise overkill.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

8. karys3

karys3 New Member

yep i just started to think of it Herman Law TT-R or something like that i use it and than i finish it if i need with Azuro thought it's not really good to do like 2.4 dmg and not kill carabok.4k caraboks to go to the 5k mission i wish i could loot that chip[TABLE="class: Grid"]
    [TR="class: GE, bgcolor: #FFCDCD"]
    Teleportation Chip I TEN Edition (L)
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

btw ty for the quick math now i will buy more smartly

9. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

sorry to have to tell you the bad news kary. that chip was only looted during the TEN anniversary of Entropia which was 2013, so sadly you wont loot that chip today.
    But lets hope you loot a regular TP chip instead :)

10. karys3

karys3 New Member

so there is a chance to get normal chip isntead of it?and what is the difference between those two?

11. Jenny ferr

I don't know if there is, guess it's no on carabok at least but you never know.
    The difference is that the old ul TP chips have 100m less range, and cost more to use.

There is (L) regular chips too and as far as I can tell they are the same as the ul one but possibly less decay(never used one so can't say for sure)

12. karys3

karys3 New Member

well then caraboks hunted mainly for hides then?:/

13. Jenny ferr

I have my reasons for hunting Carabok sometimes and you got yours don't think there is a universal answer that fit everyone :)

14. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

wish eye oil was in the carabok loot tables... would help give folks a way to use the muscle oil due to bps like simple I conductors. One thing I really liked about hunting this low of a level on RT was that creative juice remix bp only requires rocktropian records as the ingredient... I'm not sure that there's anything similar on Ark that has only one ingredient to the bp and that one ingredient comes from the smallest mob out there... might be something to think about adding in the future?

Personally, I'm using my UL viper whip on the carabok, but that option isn't available for everyone since the whips are not in high supply. Maybe, when taming comes (some rumors I hear indicate that that may be coming in September?) more whips will enter the market?

Maybe these two things could work together, and a new low level L whip bp can be whipped up by the A team that uses only carabok hides, or maybe hides + muscle oil +sweat or something as the ingredient?

15. May

May Active Member

This post compares the overkill on Caraboks with TT weapons.

And slightly OT: that Teleportation Chip I Ten edition (L) carries good memories for me.
    It was the first item I looted, in the first global, on the first Carabok kill in my first event, which I won for the first time.
    So it represents a lot of EU cherry popping for me. View attachment 9357

Comparison from Entropedia:
    [TABLE="width: 500, align: left"]

Teleportation I Ten edition (L)
    Teleportation I (L)

Concentration
    10 Seconds
    10 Seconds

Cooldown
    10 Seconds
    10 Seconds

Cooldown Group
    I
    I

Range
    0.9 km
    0.8 km

Uses
    3 /Min
    3 /Min

Rng/Min
    2.70 Km/Min
    2.40 Km/Min

Maximal TT
    7 PED
    6 PED

Ammo Type
    Mind Essence
    Mind Essence

Ammo
    885 ME
    900 ME
    [/TABLE]
    Though like Jenny said, don't think Caraboks drop these. No idea who does.
    Actually, I don't know of a lot of mobs here that drop Chips. At least not the punies. But I would be very happy to be corrected on that.

Btw, that's something that could be nice for starters: more items in puny loot.
    Even small weapons with only a few pecs TT value are a nice motivator. I know I was super psyched to find the Chip in my loot window.
    While my second global was a 10 ped Carabok, and the first one only 3,5 ped: the item drop was so much nicer to get than the muscle oil.
    Especially if it's items that you can use immediately.
    Even if the ped value is equal/lower: looting items gives a more satisfying feeling than generic loot (oils).
    But yeah, that's OT, and just a personal opinion (though I have heard other starters say the same thing).

Good luck with the Carabok hunting. Chip drop or not: they give great skills.
    And are fun to hunt: it's the only mob that I finished all the missions for. View attachment 9358