1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bokol

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

New thread being maintained by May, can be found here:
    Bokol

Description:

While the Bokol is far from the most dangerous creature found in the vegetated areas of Arkadia, care must nevertheless be taken.

It is beset with a layer of armour that had probably come about for the dual purpose of both attack and defence.

Creature Type:
    Animal

Damage Type:
    38% Impact
    38% Stab
    24% Penetration

Statistical data:
    Bokol

IFN Challenge:
    View attachment 5871
    Reward info from here

Maturities:
    Young
    Mature
    Old
    Provider
    Guardian
    Dominant
    Alpha
    Old Alpha
    Prowler
    Stalker

For loots please use any of these sources and please help to keep them updated and correct.
    Entropedia.info
    EP wiki

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. Grez

Grez Member

Is there a spot with mainly provider and up? The spots I've hunted bokol there are lots of youngs-olds with some provider and up mixed in. Would like a spot without the smaller ones.

3. Grez

Grez Member

bump it, anything? or all mixed?

4. Jenny ferr

personally I haven't found any larger Bokol that I can remember, hope someone else has but since largest on Entropedia is Dominant I doubt it :/

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Premlinary analysis of Bokol damage types - no % established.
    Bokol do Impact/Stab/Penetration (Yes penetration!!!)
    They do not do Cut/burn/cold/acid/electrical
    No testing of schrapnel damage was peformed.

Details:

1 Pixie Armour - 18.4 damage vs provider, 9 protection. Therefore mob does impact damage but not cut. Also we can say that the mob does more than 32% impact as 9/(18.4+9)*100 = 32.8%

2. BodyGuard - 28.1 Damage vs guardian. 4.5 protection. Therefore mob does impact and penetration

3. Pixie/5D - 16.3 damage vs prov. 9 prot from Pixe, 6 prot from plates. 4 points of the plate prot must be from penetration. Only cut and stab offer 2 pts and cut has already been elimintated. So we know:
    yes - impact/stab/penetration
    no - cut/cold/acid

4. Bodyguard/5D 20.1 dam vs prov. 4.5 prot from bodyguard, 5 prot from plates - eliminates electrical damage

5. BodyGuard/Pulsar1 6.2 dam vs prov. 4.5 prot from bodyguard, 9 prot from plates. The known types of impact/stab/pen account for all 9 points so burn is eliminated.

If anyone knows where I can find alpha maturity or higher that will really help with the next step which is working out the %.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jenny ferr

I seen one Alpha or Old Alpha one time but that was during hunting in team so no max damage stats for those, the other times I went to search for them never seen it again. :(
    But that time was the Bokol spawn north of the TP that got relocated due to the NPE

PS. updating OP when I get back home in a day or so

7. KikkiJikki

I have some preliminary % dam results but think more testing is needed. Its looking like the breakdown is 36.5%imp/36.5%Stab/27%pen

Details:
    1. pixie vs young - 11.9 dam, 6.8 prot. This gives 36.5% impact dam. So if young did max dam then 8pts would be impact. Also damage range for pixie vs young should be 7-14.

2. pixie vs young - took 54 hits damage ranged from 7.1 - 13.9 which is conistant with test 1.

3. pixie/6a vs young - 5.4 damage, 5.4 prot from pixie, 4.0 prot from plates. If 1 is correct then pen damage = 27% leaving 36.5 % for stab

4 Shogun vs young - 1 damage, 16.9 prot. Given minimum damage was done, it's difficult to draw any conclusions. One could say it shows pen < 29.5% as the 5 prot was more than sufficient. So that at least is consistant with test 3.

5 Shogun vs old - 4.1 damage 25 prot. 25 is the maximum shogun can protect against these mobs so I don't think I can use this result much either. The amount of damage getting though is consistant with the % dam previously observed.

I dont think the shogun results were very helpful so I need to see what other armour combos I have that might provide a useful result against a mob of appropriate maturity.

The other point of interest for me is to look at the breadown of damage for the max dam for various maturities. Again assuming 36.5%impact/26.5%stab/27% pen, then based on entropedia:

Mat/max/imp/stab/pen
    Young/22/8/8/6
    Mature/29/10.6/10.6/7.8
    Old/34/12.4/12.4/9.2
    Prov/39/14.2/14.2/10.5
    Guard/46/16.8/16.8/12.4
    Dom/55/20.1/20.1/14.8

Oleg wrote in another thread that the max damage is slit between damage types in integer amounts. So I have a few possibilities:
    1. max damage is wrongly recorded in entropedia
    2. the is a small variation between maturities in the damage breakdown
    3. my tests are flawed

In anycase I think we need some more data before any firm conclusion can be drawn.

8. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

The problem is your 6a test. You measured 4.0 protection which equates to 0.23 pec decay, so I assume this is the result you got from your decay test. However 0.23 pec is the minimum decay for 6a (minimum decay = total protection / 100) so in fact the 6a protected a maximum of 4 penetration, so probably less than 4.

It may still be possible to measure the Penetration using your Pixie/6a method but you'll need a hit that's big enough to do more than 0.23 decay. If the penetration component is very low, this may not be possible, in which case 5c or 1b might work instead.

The other stuff looks correct, good job.

9. KikkiJikki

Looking at my damage sheet, decay for that hit was .233 pec. I made a spreadsheet to work out decay for various dam in increments of 0.1 and for 6a I get
    min decay = 0.23 pec
    prot 4.0 decay = 0.230666
    prot 4.1 decay = 0.237074

This is using the following function:

Decay =MAX(Min_Decay,(0.003*Dam^1.75+0.05*Dam)*(1-Dura/100000))
    Is it correct to choose 4.0 as the damage with those results?

Sorry I don't have those other plates. But I'll keep in mind the pen damage (and thefore the stab damage may be in correct). Perhaps I can do a test for stab damage to confirm from the other direction.

10. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Ah well in that case the 4.0 might be correct, though 0.233 pec is further away than I'd expect from either of the 4.0 or 4.1 values. It might be worth doing the test again just to check but you're probably right.

So for this part:

It's number 2. That's what I meant when I spoke about damage being in integers. The system does not work in percentages, it works in integers. The percentages will almost always vary between maturities for any given mob.

Your tests (discounting the 5th one which as you pointed out is not especially useful) were on Young, so the numbers will be correct for Young (assuming the 4.0 Pen test was correct of course). The others are not correct and I wouldn't expect them to be. However we can assume that they will be approximately correct (e.g mature is probably something like 11/11/7). There are odd exceptions but that's usually a safe assumption, when there is no evidence to the contrary.

This is also why it's important to do all testing on the same maturity when trying to determine proportions.

11. KikkiJikki

I've been doing some more tests on olds and found that variation. Max damage breakdowns for olds appears to be 13/13/8 ( which is approx 38%/38%/23.5%). Don't have that 100% confirmed yet. Will post details when I have more data. But this means, as you point out, I can't use tests against higher maturity to confirm the penetration damage details against youngs. I'll need to find another way.

Going to be a pain to check the damage breakdown for each maturity and I think there are a few that I simply dont have the gear for but I have an initial hypothesis that it looks like this:

Mat/max/imp/stab/pen
    *Young/22/8/8/6
    Mature/29/11/11/7
    *Old/34/13/13/8
    Prov/39/14/14/11 (or 15/15/9)
    Guard/46/17/17/12
    Dom/55/20/20/15

*some data gathered to support these ones.

Dang. So much work to do...

Thanks for all the helpful feedback Oleg.

12. KikkiJikki

Update on dam from youngs:

Retest pixie/6a
    Damage 6.8, pixie prot (impact) = 6.7, plates prot (Pen) =5. This fits a damage ratio of 8/8/6 confirming tests above.

13. KikkiJikki

Damage break down for olds:
    initial hypothesis- imp/stab/pen = 13/13/8 (Thats the expect damage from a max hit of 34 pts).

1. Pixie/6a vs old, 10.9 damage, 9 impact 6.1 pen - confirms the pen component at */*/8 and is conistant with the model 13/13/8

2. vigi vs old, 1.9 dam, 21.4 prot- Given pen confirmed in test 1, stab is confirmed here */13/8. Leaves 13 for impact

3. (to be sure to be sure). Gremlin vs old, 6.5 dam, 21.1 prot - fits 13/13/8

14. Tancred

Tancred Member

Hey KikkiJikki,

I'm following your research with great interest since Bokol is my favorite mob to hunt right now. Keep up the good work!

/Tancred

15. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Yep, that's why we use the percentages. There's no great value in finding the exact numbers for every maturity, except in the few cases where there is a significant difference (e.g. Attacker Gen 1, low v high maturity Leviathan).

16. KikkiJikki

Continued test using pixie/6a against old,prov/guard and now have the following list of damage breakdown

Mat/max/imp/stab/pen
    Young/22/8/8/6
    Mature/29/11/11/7
    Old/34/13/13/8
    Prov/39/15/15/9
    Guard/46/18/18/10
    Dom/55/?/?/?

Haven't seen any dominants around yet. So am not going to worry about them. For those that prefer to think about %, the mean % breakdown is 38%/38%/24%. That would most likey put the Dom damage at 21/21/13.

17. craimer

craimer New Member

Dont know where else to write this so I gues this is a good a place as any. Wanted to ask if there is a possibility of a high maturity bokol spawn in the future on Arkadia. I like the mob but theres like 6 spawns or something, and they are all mixed low to mid maturity. If 1 of those spawns was high maturity only would be a much appreciated. :hail:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.