1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyond the Mind's Eye

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Medeina, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

I thought I'd share this gem of early '90s cgi animation. It's not only interesting to see how computer animation looked like 20 years ago, the video remains a high quality work of art to this day. The film is basically a 50 minute long music video broken into a number of segments, each varying in depth from fun to metaphoric imagery (ie. terraforming at 4:54). Some of the animation holds up surprisingly well even today, noteably the blooming flowers and hummingbirds at 7:29.

The film went multi-platinum and reached #8 on the billboards. Roger Ebert selected it as "Video Pick of the Week" in late December, 1992. Music is composed by Jan Hammer.

Beyond the Mind's Eye is part of The Mind's Eye series of four films, made from '90-'96, each with its own unique theme and music. Wiki and Youtube the others if you're interested, my friends. I post only this one because it's my favorite, though the first one is quite interesting because it depicts the formation of earth, human evolution and what, or who, may come after us.

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;O2OPslhOExo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2OPslhOExo[/video]

Medeina

P.S. Credit goes where it's due to the many people that made these films possible (see the ending credits). I was a kid when the movies came out, and they were all a sizeable influence on me to consider possibilities, no matter how outlandish, and to use my imagination.