1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beacon Missions

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by ClarkKent, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ClarkKent

ClarkKent Member

Tmrws update brings beacon missions back into the game something that is a massive amount of fun.

Beacons are mined.
    Will Arkadia eventually bring something like this into effect?

2. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

From what David was saying about instances and the like, it's certainly possible. :)

3. Boardian Chilix

Boardian Chilix Active Member Pro Users

well not sure the beacons are only mined as entropedia sugest BPs for them
    http://www.entropedia.info/Info.aspx?chart=Blueprint&id=539
    what it was only for mining i think it was to find a small ship guarded with a few robots, where you had to press a botton to destroy the ship, quite easy even without killing them, them the ship was looted when destroyed you could get a beacon on it but it was not always in

4. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

MA must first provide the devkit to the pp's.

5. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Lets hope they still are...

Check the dates on that, added 2006 and last update 2008 to my knowledge I haven't heard of any crafted beacons since 2007 when i started playing and probably done 100+ beacons, found 5 or 6 on my own too

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think I read beacons have been pushed back to mid december

7. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

It has.. Kim's official words on PCF was that our update scheduled today and beacons 13th of dec..

8. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Cool. Was strange that they wanted to push a platform change out on a PP update.

9. Morg

Morg New Member

I would love to get confirmation on this (about beacons being lootable on Ark as well).

Beacons were officially introduced today, at least on Calypso !!

10. Boardian Chilix

Boardian Chilix Active Member Pro Users

quote from bjorn mindark at PCF to a similar question
    "Robot Beacons were originally a Calypso-owned feature/system, and thus are only available on Planet Calypso for the time being.

However, the instance system that has been built for the newly released robot beacons is very powerful and flexible, and will allow the other planet partners many exciting possibilities for creating new types of instanced content and dungeons."

11. Grez

Grez Member

So it says only available on Calypso. If you were to bring one here and activate the beacon on Arkadia would it work?

12. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

As i remember Beacons, you had to take them to particular coordinates on Calypso and activate them there for them to work.

13. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

kinda glad we dont have them seems that people are pretty unhappy with the returns on them.

14. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I thought the point of beacons was to have fun...

15. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Done two beacons myself last night and it is kinda depressing, sure they look nice and all and there are bots as tight as Scoria youngs spawn in some "rooms". But we did I think one 23pedder(might have been 25pedder) and one 29pedder both with a 5(or 6person team), we spent on average 65ped* of ammo on them + armor decays and the occasional fap decay, and we got on average 25ped/person loot on both of them. (and then you need to take into consideration they used to cost "alot" to purchase, which will not be the case now unless MA fix them)

The small one we didn't find two boxes(test run) second 29pedder we got all 8 boxes and we had plenty of time to run all the way to the beginning to exit the beacon before it was blown up. And almost non existing waiting time to open the boxes compared to how it used to be.

As to where the beacons is, there are crashed robot ships scattered over Eudoria that looks like the ones the robots used in the invasions (old Caly people will probably know what I mean here)

*Sure these ones we were wearing way too big guns and armors... But I seriously doubt you can do it close to the loot limits like you did before with ease with a good team, and this team is experienced in the old system done a lot of beacons together before. As if you use too small "eco" guns the amount of bots will seriously slow down your progress and you will most likely end up panicking at the finish to get up before the time runs out

Yes, it is but with non-existing loot it cant be fun. (except for those seriously addicted hof chasers as one beacon will probably hit ath as all other things)

PS. if you were allowed to do it solo it would be possible to solo run them and EASILY loot all boxes on your own, some claim it was doable back on the old ones too but this time no question about it.

16. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

aren´t the oratan camps planned as the beacons/instances for arkadia? i think i read something about this awhile ago.
    but i might be dreaming...

17. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

I dont recall that being said, but dont stop dreaming.. Dreaming out loud on this forum can give the dev team some crazy ideas.. we've seen before they take the suggestions from the community very serious.. :)

18. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

It would make the most sense really.

The thing i realy really really dont get is why this sort of gameplay has to be only on "instances" Why can't we have the tunnels we have now with mobs and a mob boss spawn at the end? Why can't Wave Spawns be made more like this.

seems pretty simple to me. Make a cave system have some mobs spawn in it throughout. YOu have to kill the mobs to get past them to the end. And then set up a wave spawn for a boss mob at the end?

I really really really hate that they did beacons the same way again. This kind of fun gameplay is standard in most new games now but in entropia it's something you have to pay a large premium for and from what i've seen with no really reward at the end. Why can't all of Entropia be as fun as beacons be like super insanly cool rare stuff with rare and great rewards.