1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASU revealed!!!

Discussion in 'Services' started by SirMixaLot, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

:hail: Arkadias Sweaters Union!

Is made for the sweaters living it up, at the Planet Arkadia.
    And are sucking the life out of either Caraboks or Nusuls, even Oros.
    Besides all the other Funny stuff the ASU and Normandieradio represents.
    As it is not Only the ASU to be sold.
    It is Also a community of ppl, that follow 3 simple rules.
    1 dress correctly
    2 never say (sweat) when selling ASU!!
    know what to type if attempt to sell!
    + know correct handling of handling The "ASU" product!

we do not need any imported Sweat to our beloved planet,
    ASu protection of Arkadians as we use their ASU!!! for our crafting!

for your information our current President is
    xiki :D
    our 3 vicepresidents Are:

1.Nightelf :D

2. Darkwizard also Ambassador on Rocktropia! :D

3 Kev :D

we cooperate with" www.Normandieradio.co.uk" as well!! :) :) :)

SirMixaLot :fineprint::D

2. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

Just so you know we had something like this working like 7 years ago. The true key was getting a couple society's on board. We basically fixed the sweat price to something that worked for then Mindforce. We kept sweat at a price so that there was a demand for it. Which is much harder to figure out now as you can't cal efficiency on a TP chip like you could the old electric chips. We basically had all our sweat and nexus funneling to 3-4 traders that would refine and then 5 society ONLY bought ME from these 3-4 traders. It worked well for quite some time until MA screwed up landgrabs first version and more then half of the people in the 5 societies quit playing.

3. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

ehm..?
    you´re openly suggesting and planning on forming a union,...uhm better say a monopoly, to control sweat prices? :confused:
    call me uninformed or drunk but if i remember correctly MA not long ago added a section in EULA were market manipulation was deemed bannable.
    yes, i am drunk!! and sweat is (TT-wise) a literally worthless resource but how on ark are you coming up with this??
    isn´t capitalism and monopolyism(?spelling?), which is the outcome of extreme success in this system, destroying our own earth right now?

why would you wish for people to infact sweat their asses off to sell their hard earned sweat to you for your set prize?

NO, friend-o. no likes from me! cartels are not much better to a farmer than a thunderstorm to his harvest. either way it´s a destroyed future with hardly a pec or nothing to eat at all.

4. RexDameon

drunk or not you make good points. Thats the tought part now with sweat price is you can't really use a math equation to figure out a fair price like we could when mindforce actually used the ME used by sweat. Cause you could equate it to the average dmg/pec that weapons used and how it had to be around that price to be worth using.

To me now the real soution is get rid of "sweat" and rename it to another resource and use it for powering vehicles. nothing else in it just the resource to power new vehicles. Powering a vehicle would not effect the universe economy because you can't really exploit that into say using a weapon.

5. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I think it could work, but you will have to work on players bringing sweat in from Caly. Now that Ark and Cyrene both have BPs requiring sweat you should be able to bring the price back to 2008/9 prices around 5Ped/K.
    You will need to set up a similar union on Cyrene and infiltrate the gangs at Neas on Caly.

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

OP doesn't mention price fixing...

7. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

Just so you know, ASU is confusing as fuck. Buying a bunch of sweat and passed over several people selling "ASU" because I had no idea what it was.

Sweat is sweat just say that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yeah, I've wondered the same thing... how are buyers going to know what ASU is?

9. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I don't think what they are trying to do is price fixing, I believe the EULA is describing a group of people buying and selling in AH at their determined prices continuously to make markups listed match what they want them to be.

There is so much sweat and so many sweaters it is almost unfathomly impossible to get everyone that sweats to join in and force a fixed price. Just too many new players starting and quiting daily to achieve such a task, and all them players are trying to sell sweat for whatever they can just to get some PED to play the game with.

I see ASU as nothing but a group of people trying to run a business. And as a business everyone has a choice to buy ASU or other peoples sweat, that option will always be available. So goodluck with the business ASU as I see nothing wrong with what you are tyring to do.

10. RexDameon

Sweat will never and should never be 5 PED/K sure price was up then but turnover was down. What has to be focused on is getting a high turn over.

Say buyer has 25 PED to buy sweat at 5 ped/k he can buy 1K from 5 newbs and they each have some ped. If it was at 2PED/K he can buy from 12.5 people. Making a few happy will not make this game more populated and better. And telling a newb he has to wait to sell at a certain price will only make them leave quicker realizing it not only takes them days to make up sweat but then days to sell it at the "right" price. why bother when there are so many other free games out there to play that you can just start up and get into the action right away.

Making money is not EVERYONES goal in playing a game MOST people just want to have fun and it not cost them an arm and a leg.

11. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

we just set a standard price for the ASU and do not want ppl to use the Calypsian word [sweat] on our planet!
    thats the whole point and we do not want s(censored)t from caly mixed with ASU !!!!

if the price should rise then more sweaters will be happier and i like happy ppl better than angry N.B A**H**es with economi as their main thoughts! it takes about 2 hours to suck ½ K for me so, I say let us pay them fair for their efford all over the game, not only on Arkadia but, all other planets as well!!

only 1 bp om caly using s(censored)t = welding wire Bps

which on the Hand means it is made for other purposes = ME production not crafting !
    hope u can understand this point of view upon ASU vs [Sweat] !!!

12. Actiondani

Actiondani New Member

Thumbs up for this dude!
    I remember how hard it was for me to start as a non-depo player. My reason to join this game was that i read: "Hey you can make free money by just pointing a green thingy at some mobs." After beeing lured in i found out it was a little harder then it sounded... I m sure that the ASU-Idea can help some players to get an easier start into this game. go ASU!

13. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

14. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

The thing is... it can harm brand new players who have not learned the secret words or do not socialize with the ASU crowd. All the guides they have tell them that it's called sweat, not to mention the info window itself. They'll advertise sweat because they do in fact have sweat. :)

BTW, isn't ASU an organization not a product? And if sweat is such a bad word, why do you call yourselves "sweaters"? :p

The attempt to differentiate kinds of sweat reminds me of the person who was trying to sell me sweat... I asked him if he had any yuka sweat and he said, sure, 2 or 3 k of it!

15. KMax

Wonder if that one person ever did sell his bottle of Huusk sweat :p

16. Mikaile

Mikaile Member

The only problem is that they are advertising this: Join ASU or you won't be able to sell your sweat on Arkadia.

They are saying this at the Celeste Outpost sweating area, where there are lots of new players who take this as a legitimate rule.

That is the problem, and I hope they (the ASU "officers") don't get banned for it.

I wish the price of sweat would go up. We all do. But this is the wrong way to do it.

17. KMax

Ah ya that is kind of lame to be saying, I agree. But no-one ever takes that seriously, there is absolutely nothing and I mean nothing stopping anyone from selling anything to anyone else. I buy sweat from whoever I want ASU, normal players, pirates (even though I try not to, but when they sell cheap, hey, it is cheap sweat in the end).

It all is sweat when used in the crafting machine or when being turned into Mind Essence. I see ASU just trying to separate Arkadian sweaters form rest of EU for buyers saying we worked hard on Arkadia to sweat this sweat so support Arkadian players over Calypso or other planets by buying from us instead. But what if an ASU person buys Calypso sweat it becomes ASU sweat? :D Whole concept then is ridiculous as the sweat is no longer sweated on Arkadia and nothing can be proven it was or wasn't.

ASU is just trying to use a marketing ploy (be it kind of rude to say no-one will buy your sweat unless you join them or suffer) and really there is nothing wrong with that. Every seller is trying to sell for more markup, stating their guns for example and service is better then the other guys but in the end the gun you get is still the same thing, it does the same damage interval etc. only difference is random tier values and as far as I know one crafter can't make better tiered weapons consistently compared to another. So again I really see ASU as just a form of business model with players trying to make money using fixed sweat prices, nothing more. Business is business and sometimes you sweat at it and it does get smelly.

18. slither

slither Active Member

You kids need to grow up and stop this BS, people on other forums are asking confused questions and I'm guessing the new players are even more confused (or just accept your crap as true).

If I ever see any of this crap first hand you can be sure I'll send a support and I'll be hoping you do get banned.

19. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

This made me smile ;)

In all seriousness... sweaters unions have been tried many many times in the past. When we were using ME for attack chips and tp/wormhole was the only way of getting around paying 150% (5ped/k sweat) for ME was fair. These days we have vehicles, synthetic ME etc, the days of being able to maintain your play through sweating is over. You guys want to help the new players..... then stop sweating and deposit some money. Sweating is meant to help new ppl get a free taste of what the game offers... not for old avatars to supliment their income.

Sorry for tirade...

20. Kosh

Kosh Member

All I have to say is that your 1st Vice President is the number one avatar in the whole of Entropia Universe :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.