1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Rescue team?

Discussion in 'SocTalk' started by MacAulay, Jul 23, 2014.

1. MacAulay

MacAulay New Member

I was reading earlier today about the Calypso Rescue Team. I was wondering if a similar soc exists for Arkadia. I have just started the game and have been thinking of something I can get into that involves flying helos. Search and rescue was the first thing that sprang to mind

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

No we don't, for one big reason: there's nowhere on ark that you can actually get stuck. On Calypso there are numerous revives which are surrounded by aggressive mobs and people without flying vehicles or tp chips can get stuck there indefinitely. It happened to me when I was about a week in the game at the revive on Deino Island. Funny story... while I was waiting for the rescue team to arrive, another avatar appeared. It was another newbie and he said he'd been stuck there for months and that he kept logging in every week to see if anyone was around to help. In the end, he logged out before the rescue came. He may still be there, logging in every week just to check....

3. SLD

SLD Member

Just keep in mind that vehicles are abundant these days, so even new players will rarely get lost/stuck. This is also true because Arkadia is well designed, and imo it is basically impossible to end up at a location you can't safely walk away from. Mostly you just hit T, and hop on the TP :D

Last time I had to rescue anyone was over a year ago, and that was on Calypso. I've never had to rescue anyone on Arkadia, because no one gets stuck here.

If you are interested in flying as an occupation, you could consider becoming a space taxi pilot and offer flights between planets. There is a small amount of ped to be made in that, but it does take quite a bit of time to fly all over space. Also you could try to get in as a MotherShip pilot, but i'm not sure how all of that works to be honest.

Good luck!

4. Neil

We also have some very remote TPs, for instance the NW digsites and the new Indomitable firebase. You could help newbies get to those areas. It wouldn't pay but it's fun and you do get to meet a lot of new people.

5. MacAulay

MacAulay New Member

Thanks for the responses. So, let's set aside the idea for now, but let's say I invest some cash into kitting myself out with a helo. What are my options for making money with it? (If any) Or what use could I be to a Soc or other players as a dedicated pilot type?

6. Turisas

Turisas Member

It is possible to get stuck in every arkadia land area 1-6 because two additional revival point they have along with TP revival point.

For example when you hunt halix stalkers south from ALA 6 you most likely revive SW corner of that land area and are stuck if you have no vehicle or TP chip and the density of creatures is much higher.

7. Neil

That's true, I forgot about the land areas.

8. Turisas

Turisas Member

Other thing that come to my mind is that Calypso Rescue Team does not use vehicles when they rescue people. They use firepower.

So if anyone is organising soc that use vehicles to rescue or taxi people in arkadia it would be better than soc name does not resemble CRT.

9. Neil

That may have happened in the past but I think they just fly you out now.

10. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Someone should start a rescue soc called the "Thunderbirds" and have 5 or 6 different vehicles, each one a diff colour. For instance, paint a Pitbull green as Thunderbird 2 ;)

LOL talk about showing my age! :lol:

EDIT: Actually if I had time to "play" EU these days, and I was able to create a second soc without leaving SFE then I would....Now I think on it, it could be a very cool idea *nerds out*

11. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

I'm with you but ONLY if the A-team can give me some string on my arms and legs :)

12. MacAulay

MacAulay New Member

I would so be into that, just for lols