1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Mining Depths for Ores/Enmatters

Discussion in 'Mining' started by strategist2, May 26, 2011.

1. strategist2

strategist2 Member

Hi,

I would like to assemble a list of ores and enmatters depths.

Please reply with the depth at which you are finding various ores/enmatters and with what finder.

Thanks.

Stryder

Found the following:
    List Updated: 6/5/2011

Ore
    Banite: 431-640m
    Hebredite Stones: 153-791
    Kaz: 161-692m
    Lidacon Stones: 747-956m
    Ospra Stones 168-867m
    Telfium Stones: 205-608m
    Veda Stones: 153-721m
    Wenrex Stones: 177-704m
    Yulerium Stones: 125-723m
    Zulax Stones :113-593m

Enmatter
    Edres resin: 152-725m
    Florican Spray: 353-663m
    Hydrogen Gas: 113-817m
    Pel Crystals: 392-665m
    Quil Sap: 485-641m
    Somin Tar: 229-508m
    Star Particles: 361-702m
    Vorn Pellets: 158-732m
    Xelo Haze: 447-501m
    Zolphic Grease: 392-595m

2. filibert

filibert Member

Veda stones @ 309m with F105

3. filibert

filibert Member

suggestion if you want it to be readable and "working":
    -don't renote each time you find something, just update ranges (Zulax would be 113-352 with your actual datas)
    and
    - at beginning all the finders able to find it, in a second time when you have many finders you replace that line with "wich finder cannot find it"
    and finally
    - you ask only for claims below and above your values

4. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Looks like the community works hard at sharing mining info. So is a waste of time to go spend mining and time exploring. I will be reading forums from now on. Subscribing.

5. filibert

filibert Member

Immortal did a great and inspiring job about calypso/amethera ores depths on PCF. On a sidenote, strategist2, if you are'nt able to update at least twice a day, just forget it, we don't want to wait years to see this thread updated, it's now or never like the king said

6. filibert

filibert Member

all with F-105:

banite: 431-432m
    hydrogen: 541-817m
    Edres resin: 697m
    kaz: 546m
    zolphic: 476m
    florican: 552m

7. strategist2

strategist2 Member

Thank you for adding to the list filibert.

Stryder

8. kosmos

kosmos Member

I will go ahead and give you all some hints. kaz and hydrogen aren't deep. Those are more shallow resources.

If you really want to make this chart you start by using tt finder or f-101 and mine. Then f-102 etc etc. if you start deeper you won't know the minimum depth and you will be guessing.

9. filibert

filibert Member

==> hydrogen 459- 817 hum good hint ,-)

I don't agree with you kosmos (for now), tt finder and 105 are already covering themselves (236m for example) so in a first time we wont need to map every finder. Those will give estimations, but on the long term you're right it's supposed to be done with every finder.
    But again, for now, tt finder for the op and f105 for me will do a great "first view" job and fast

back to our numbers: 300 probes with f-105:
    banite 431-628
    hydrogen 459-817
    Edres 462-725
    zolphic: 476-495
    florican 415-663
    ospra 236-655
    pel crystals 392-526
    wenrex 177-603
    hebredite 385-725
    zulax 393-563
    Quil 485-641
    telfium 608
    xelo 447-501
    yulerium 391-510
    veda 495-721
    vorn 420-732
    somin 385
    star 361-702
    kaz 459-546

10. filibert

filibert Member

hi stryder
    i've updated my last post with new values from today runs

11. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Lidacon stones found with f-106 at:

747 meters
    956 meters

12. strategist2

strategist2 Member

Thanks to everyone for helping this chart to become detailed. Please keep adding so we can update.

Stryder

13. kosmos

kosmos Member

Thats fine if you don't agree but i have found kaz and hydro gen with f101 at much shallower depths. As I stated before this is going to be inaccurate and guess work unless you work your way up in depth. And I said nothing about mapping every finder notice I am talking about min depth only.

kosmos

14. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Oil seems to be missing from the list. Way too common, I know... but here is a new record for finding Oil on Arkadia... 5m

-- Hyssch --

15. filibert

filibert Member

yep "old" ressources are not recorded but I note my finds, and i'll go comparate to old values; so if it happens that depths change between calypso and arkadia, we'll be able to put them here.

16. filibert

filibert Member

OP will have the lower depths with his 101. 102 103 104 are not very usefull now because 101+105 already "touch" themself in depths (I have many finds at 200-300 with 105, wich is typical depth for 101 too, and 101 go until 500m too). Nothing to do with "guessing", we note what we find. But I can easely see here that you will never recognize it, because you're an old and (too proud of it) former planets players. so if you don't want to contribute just keep your way of this thread we just want to get it constructive, it's not a debate about Poisson's law

17. kosmos

kosmos Member

LoL you really got a chip on your shoulder. It has nothing to do with being old time player. It has to do with not being lazy and doing things half heartedly. If your trying to compile data do it right or don't do it at all.

I am done here.

ps there is a reason for being very percise but I can tell you don't have a clue on why you just drop and don't understand really how the mining system works.

kosmos

18. filibert

filibert Member

yes yes usual arguments by usual persons "you don't have a clue you don't know this and that". While you are wrong anyway, because we don't want to know wich finder finds what, we want to have depths ranges. Poor you, It must be hard to be surrounded by idiots....
    Now -and again, just let us do as we see it and keep your way off, we really don't need that "i am the king of the place" attitude, it is already comon enough on pcf, where you usually to allways end up saying to someone else "you don't have a clue", while I strictly never said that to nobody, this has to do with humility and personnal education. If you don't have datas, keep silence (unleast you do want to have 10000 posts /week because you cannot support to see "new colo" as forum avatar marker, you need to feel yourself superior, wich seems more and more true when you respond without any data to contribute).

19. kosmos

kosmos Member

I will explain why it matters then I am really done. I admit I didn't even realize this until about 10 months ago after aimless droping and not paying attention to what finder I was using or what depth things spawned at.

If you know the minium depth of a resource in a area, lets say the area has belk /caldo/dianum,/eri /kane, you can choose what you want and don't want to appear. If you use 230 or so average depth, you can control what you loot which would be belk and caldo, because eri spawns 400 or 450 depth I forget. You litterly can erase eri (and sadly kane)from appearing in your loot. And yes this area is a real one I used in the example.

I am aware that eri is worth something on this planet, but if your elsewhere and don't want 50% of your loot to be eri for some reason knowing what the minium depth helps. Didn't mean to offend you but Imortals thread mentioned above is complete for that reason. Once you know what spawns in a zone you can pick and choose what you want to loot not grab everything if its not needed.

This has nothing to do with wanting to be number 1, being an old player, king, etc pick an adjective, to me I am just saying if you want data it should be accurate so it can be used properly. I have found some of whats listed at 200 depth, someone reading this thread might assume "i just need to go deep to find this," and that just isn't true for ospra, kaz, and most of the commons on arkadia so far.

I wouldn't mind contributing data btw ( i actually did it silently for immortals thread via reps and pms), but I don't post publically through myself what I know for personal reasons. To sum it up you can choose to ignore what I am saying but it is a fact that you won't have a complete picture without more data. I don't always mine at lowest depths, but I do have screens and don't mind pming the thread starter to add what you added. Sorry I didn't give sugar coated feedback, but I call it as I see it.

Btw to the person that gave me a neg rep for not allowing someone elses opinion thanks for stomping on my opinion as well. How contradictory (anyways I know the real reason you probably neg repped me lol and no it wasn't filibert).

kosmos

• Like Like x 1
  20. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Hi Kosmos,

the neg rep was from me, not because of your theories but because of the way you acted in that post.
    I must admit your last post is a lot better, and in accordance with my observations about mining as well. Will plus rep you for that one when i next can.