1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkadia Community Liaison and new Media Dev?

Discussion in 'About Planet Arkadia' started by Puck, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

To Dave, Chris, et al,

If I've missed a recent post about this, I apologize in advance. Search was not my friend.

What can we expect to see 2013/Q4 and 2014 in the way of video production / promotion? This year had none. Did that method of media exposure fade with Cyrus' departure?

Also, Chris is doing a bang up job being jack-of-all-trades. However, are there any plans to replace Cyrus with a Community Liaison (so Chris can get back to polygons and attributes) ?

Thanks for your time.

2. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

Yeah I feel the PR is completely stopped with the leave of Cyrus too. There's not even a Press about the sale of Arkadia LA, hey this is the FIRST LA being sold by PP other than Calypso. It should be a big news that deserve more attention than what it has gotten now, but we still get no news even after over a week of the sale, not even a congrats post in either forum front page or cliendloader. The last post is June 20th on Facebook, I know there's summer vacation but just stop posting for such a long time is just bad, if I were a potential player and look a official FB page like this I would only feel the game is died. But as David said in the past A-team is quiet because they are working something big so I think we can only wait and see what we would get in the coming VU in October.

3. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hey Puck,

At this point in time we are not actively seeking to replace Cyrus. Chris has been doing a great job with the community work (not sure if you've noticed, but he is in game almost every day).

Chris and I have discussed the role of Community Liaison and to be honest we agree that due to everything else Chris does (he handles all technical tasks - which includes parameters, missions, testing etc) he is in a much better position to answer questions directly and to handle situations that arise himself. In effect we have removed the liaison part of the role (meaning Cyrus used to liaise between Chris and you guys, now you get to talk directly with Chris).

We are evaluating options for the media part of Cyrus' role, at this stage we will outsource as and when it's needed.

Hope that answers your question,

Dave

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hi Dave,

it would be a pity to see the story, publicity and social stuff neglected. I always enjoyed seeing competitions and VU contents pitched in terms of ongoing story for Arkadia.

It's one (very important) thing to liaise with folks to get stuff done, take and act on feedback. Quite another (very important thing) to proactively promote Arkadia through interaction with the community and that's where I feel Cyrus provided a lot of value to Arkadia.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

5. Archman

Archman Member

Is Chris going to have a link on the home page like Cyrus did for developers posts?

6. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

He will once I (or Van) get round to changing it.....Then again, due to the recent security/hacking issues we have faced, we may leave it till we change the forum engine over completely.