1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Plans for Sweat ?

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Fopsie, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Sofar one Planet partner has given some use for sweat in BPS while another has created a somewhat alternative to sweating in the form of L bps that only newbs can get while another one just appears to not give a damn.

Is there any plans to make alternat uses for sweat or to give newbies an alternative to sweating on Arkadia ? also is planet partners limited by what they can do with sweat or can they basicaly do whatever they want with it ?

I hope you guys have some plans for this as it is the basis for new players to start and without it new player retention will be low and the economy will pickup slowly on general and newbie items as a result of that.

2. ZaneLear

ZaneLear New Member

I think there should be something better out there for new players and or people who can't depo, sweating is a good way to make some kinda ped if you happen to have no way to put money into this game.

As of now I hear the price for sweat on Arkadia is 5 ped per 1k sweat, tho it seems people are trying to pull the "If it works on Caly it must be good" 2-3 ped per K and that's not helping people out who are new, just ripping them off...

I do hope something comes along making sweat some what more useful, I was going to mention taking out the ME from the TT so people can go back to making ME and having the sweat go up a little more, tho it seems every ones into using the TT ME for about 90% of their MF chips, so we will never see this happen...

Well lets hope that Arkadia will have their own brand of sweat then, so that no one can fly from Caly with 100k sweat and kill the market here, tho it seems a few people already have started that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Dave the CEO has mentioned many times he will have uses for sweat, but not in the way so it provides F2P gaming to noobs. One of the methods is have some BPs requiring sweat as material, but no details was provided. We may just have to wait for the Aug/Sept patches to know for sure.

jc

4. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

The problem there is in the change MA made in the entire mindforce system, we mostly use the tt sweat now because we have to, not from choice. As far as I know the only mindforce chips now that use regular ME are TP chips, my heal, attack and strike chips all use either synthetic ME (from tt) or light ME (made from looted diluted sweat, which so far I've not see drop on Arkadia). I don't know why MA made that change, but other than a couple of bps (universal welding wire and I think some on RT) the only other use for sweat currently is ME for tp chips. Correct me if I'm wrong, but yes, if regular sweat is going to be useful to newcomers it needs to have more uses for sure.

5. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

hya every one

i refer to my question i asked zume to ask david dobson on the live AHR interview about sweat .

i asked if it would be viable to add sweat to all blue prints on arkadia and what i mean by this is to have planet specific sweat i.e colour code the sweat .

so the mobs on arkadia would give difrent colourd sweat .. so for one blue print you may need red sweat in it to craft it .. and so on depending upon the value of the item being crafted ... so for low value items the sweat is easy to come by .. for higher value items the sweat may be from a harder mob to sweat ..

this in turn would stop a massive influx of sweat from calypso
    and help all players to gain peds .. new players as well as old .

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

I think the object is to keep sweat worth just enough for some to bother doing it, and too little to actually pay your way through the game....deposits pay the bills....