1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another lesson to be learned

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by RAZER, Mar 6, 2011.

1. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

Well it seems that Time trvel is introduced now on Next Island and Kitten is the first to do it. But again stuff is messed up. The planet was not finished and now Kitten is in ancient Greece all alone with nothing to do (all weapons and FAP's do not work there) and she has no means to get back. Again a lessen to learn for the Arkadia people "Finish stuff before you launch it !!"

I am pretty sure we will not have the same problems on Arkadia, but still, keep an eye on the other PP's to see how NOT to do things !

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

While we are learning lessons, you might as well point out a really smart thing Next Island did:

They have a mission only for lower level players, that as a reward gives a limited blueprint used to create the crystals. This way newcomer players can actually earn some peds besides sweating. I think that was a really smart move.

Off course there should be a maximum amount of times you can do the mission, and the mission should be doable for everybody once (for the people that want to complete them all). But all in all it is a very nice idea.

3. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

yeah I hope that's what's going to happen...clever ppl learn from the mistakes others have made to avoid making their own. ;)

4. RAZER

I did not know that harmony and yes that is a smart move. A good way to involve newbies to the discovery.

XeroX, it is OK to make mistakes, it is just that mistakes like these cost people a lot of money and it is not the first mistake made by them that has cost people lots of money. Just admit you made a mistake and take action to compensate the money lost.

5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

Love ya Razer, but I don't think this discussion should be at this forum.

This is Arkadia only, and I think we should respect that Hon.

Just my 2 purple cents, the Admins can decide otherwise if they wish. :)

6. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Only lesson here is they should have better community relations. Perhaps have a CRM to address assumptions and misconceptions.

• All weapons and faps do not work because that's how they designed it
    • She can get back for free but I'm sure she would rather explore more before coming back. Apparently to come back doesn't cost any crystals or any other fee
    • There is an auctioneer there (needs to be found yet i think)
    • There is a repair terminal (again needs to be found yet)
    • There is no TT terminal but thats how they designed it

7. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

The thread is directed at Arkadia so it's fine to stay here :)

8. MindStar9

Fair enough Chief, was just concerned it wouldn't fit, but you're the boss! :)

And I really do adore Razer ... he's a great E-Team member!

• Like Like x 1
  9. RAZER

Love you to MS9. And you know I do walk on the edge from time to time in my posts.

This post was to remind the A-team to test stuff before they launch it. I'm pretty sure people can wait for a launch for a few weeks IF stuff is finished and works like it should. Keep your promises and if you think you can't keep them, don't make them. Cyrus had a bit of trouble with that, but he is forgiven because it is his first one and I'm sure it will be his last ;)

@MS9, I'm sure I will be more active for the E-team once this planet is launched, so hurry up A-team, but be sure it is all finished and good first, but still HURRY !!!!

10. MindStar9

My dear Razer (hugs) ... I have no doubts whatsoever about the A-Team, and feel very confident that we don't have to remind them of anything ... they're just that good, and it is my prediction that we will witness the continuation of their phenomenal professionalism on launch day and beyond.

Oh, and ... I'm excited that you will be more active after Arkadia arrives as well ... you're a key part of our E-Team, so it looks like you and I will be more busy some day soon. :)

11. ruslan

ruslan Member

Why don't you two get a room... on Arkadia obviously. :)

Some

PS: I do agree with Razer tho, you can never be too careful.
    1. Make sure things are DONE to specifications.
    2. Make sure things WORK as they should.

12. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

ROFL
    just my thoughts while reading this :)

Back to topic: As I see the A-team, they are clever enough to take care that not the same errors will happen at launch.
    I fear another situation: MA is involved in the launch of every Planet. And as we all know "them", they are well trained in messing up things....

I hope the Arkadia team will jump in discussions if such things happen and say a clear word like " Sorry, but that shit is coming from MA and we are in contact with them to fix ASAP. Background info...."

Upcoming bugs are not the problem in generell. Shit happens. The problem is always getting no info in an acceptable timeframe. But I think the Arkadia team will do better than others. I have a really good feeling about interaction between Arkadia team and community :)

13. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Won't quote the post but I think Danton's right. It would be very hard not to have some bugs come release day! The excellent communication between the Arkadia team and the comunity will be one of several advantages over the compitition!! ;)

14. MindStar9

Nah ... we're just great friends who appreciate each other. :)

Besides, Moonie is the only one I would get a room with. :p

15. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

I agree with RAZER that Arkadia team should not repeat the mistakes by other planets. I have the filing that NI for example cheat the players to go there and they feel screwed when they get there.
    Arkadia make sure you don't leave the players with that feeling. They will pay to play good game, but not when they have that feeling that are cheated. Make your own mobs, items, missions. Don't just copy paste from Calypso. Don't make grew squares and call them apartments that wont sell for 100 peds. Don't introduce missions that are bugged like wave events on Calypso or infinite stamina on Rocktropia. Don't name yuor towns Arkadia town 1, Arkadia town 2, Arkadia town 3 with CAPS LOCK. Read PCF and see what people are complaining and just don't do the same mistakes. Use your imaginations. Make your own mistakes :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. remontoire

remontoire Member

Even more - read PCF and see which LA/TP names get people to say things like "I don't think people should be allowed to name their LA/TP" and don't use any names like those.

17. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

That's a very good point. Some people's LA messages are ridiculous. Some are just way too long as well. I hate it. Please have some sort of restraints? Or is this an MA issue?

18. Lykke

Lykke Platinum Member Platinum Member

So much love in this thread, I have to share some too <3

I LOVE YOU GUYS & GIRLS!

And I agree, there are all time some lessons to learn, but those you learn most from are the experiences you make yourself ;)

Looking forward to Arkadia ^_^ ... are we there yet ? :p

19. Calin

Calin Member

It's good to learn from history. There is a lot of EU history. I think Arkadia knows this. I am comforted by this.

Yes, I expect there will be mistakes made, something as massive as this undertaking is bound to have some problems. The important thing is how they are handled. I have high hopes and I think I have those high hopes with good reason.