1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missions ACA - Transport Unidentified Ore

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tobias Frost, May 5, 2012.

1. Tobias Frost

Tobias Frost New Member

Hello,

I submitted a support ticket in game as well but my mentor suggested I post here also.

The other day I was on the step of this mission to go to the Archaeological Research Society in Celeste Harbor. I was having trouble getting it to update with any of the NPCs there, and eventually gave up and went to continue exploring. As I got just down the road from the society headquarters, the chat window you usually get when updating popped up, I clicked Ok, but I think I got an error message then and the quest was gone from my log. I didn't think much of it until tonight when I found the mission listing on entropedia, and saw that it would give me a weapon and ammo, and I believe lead to a mission that would get me some starting mining equipment to try it out.

I went back to Dr. Livingston and she did give me the mission again. However, now I am at the Research Lab the quest asks you to visit as the first step, and none of the 3 NPCs here will update the mission for me.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, so I can get some more starting equipment and keep skilling up!

Thanks.

Edit: I've just learned about the lag that occurs around this time of day, and I think this is what happened the other day when I was trying to update the quest. I didn't know there were server backups going on. I think this had something to do with my problem.

2. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

Dr. Lvingston gives you the mission to bring the ore away.
    There is a stop on a archeologist research center between the supply depot and celeste harbour where the mission updates.
    At the celeste harbour archeologist headquarter is normally enough to talk to the NPC which is behind the desk on the ground floor.
    The mission update again and you go to the military HQ where you get a gun normally.

Nothing must be done normally.

Maybe try to "track" the mission in the mission panel?

3. SylverDragon

SylverDragon New Member

Also try un-tracking it, closing the missions list, opening the list agian and re-trakcing the mission. I found this worked later in the mission chain when I had to log off, and logged on again to find no map marker for where I was supposed to go.

Also, I remember that when I got to the research lab, neither of the twins, so I just talked to one of them (right-click > operate) and everything ran fine from there on.

Hope you sort this out.

4. Tobias Frost

Tobias Frost New Member

After I lost the mission I did go back to Dr. Livingston and she gave me the mission again. Then I retraced my steps. No one at the research lab where the twins are, and a third npc, will get it to update.

It will not track on the map either.

5. unicorn

are you ingame now? we can travel the way some?

6. Tobias Frost

Tobias Frost New Member

Sorry, I was afk some and just logged out. What do you mean by "we can travel the way some?"

7. unicorn

we can travel the mission together to see if it work.

i know a new player who made it yesterday. it worked.

maybe we get it done?

8. unicorn

so we made the mission way again.

all steps and all npcs we talked to. and nothing happen.

neither at the archeologist HQ nor at commodore harvir.

maybe something with the mission script when tobias crashed.

support case open.