1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aakas texture and other clothing design bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jaywalker, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I simply don't have time to list/illustrate all the clothing bugs I've seen. Hopefully others will help out. But Aakas texture is a particularly, excruciatingly bad one.

Here's what happens to your ava if you wear something textured with Aakas:

The bug only appears in low graphics and safe mode. If you turn up to medium, its OK. BUt then, so few of us (if any) can go to medium of higher without crashing, since this update :(

The bugs with Aakas don't stop there tho. I've heard numerous reports of Aakas texture turning black, you can see an example here:

View attachment 6558

This only happens with certain cominations of Aakas/paint/ clothing , not all. But I can't detect a clear pattern in the examples I've seen. Location/graphics settings might also play a part!

Looks like white is screwy too -- check out those shoes.

And Khorum. I have one Khorum textured item, which has also turned jet black!

Whaaaa? jet black Khorum? Good grief.

jay :)

2. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Jaywalker, thanks for the report.

We will look into all the textures and clothing for the next partner update.

Does anyone have some before and after pics of our textures on our clothing so we can narrow down what exactly is happening.

Regards,
    Chris

3. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

When i wear my aakas textured bustier i have the same bugs like Jay in the video ..but im not sure if its the texture or the bustier ..saw a white bustier with the same bugs....i play on high ..so not sure if the settings are involved ...would be nice if you could solve it ...it dont make me nicer when my eyeballs pop out ^^
    also i think you should into Halix Textures ^^

4. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

The white bustier might have been textured in Khorum. I wondered if this might have all the same issues as Aakas since it's also turned jet black.

It's definitely the Aakas, not the bustier. I don't have a problem with my other bustiers. And I'm not wearing a bustier in the vid. The Aakas texturing in the vid was on a luna-patterned shirt (ofc you can be forgiven for being unable to tell! lol)

@Chris: I do have some more before /after pics. And in the process of compiling yet more . The after pics are a bit difficult to get, due to crashes :( .

Btw, hope you got that the bottom row in my image were all "after" pics of the top row

Anyway, I don't want to post them ALL on the forum, as I was saving some of the gear for Miss Caly (Haha). Alternative, please?

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Maybe it would be easier to list the items that are not bugged? :facepalm:

6. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Somebody reported on Caly forum that Songkra texture has also turned black. So it looks like the Arkadian polymers, as a group, share a common bug.

7. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Also all of these completely, if that helps (non of these items texturised):

Patio Chair (C)
    Curved Retail Counter (C)
    Retail Display Table (C)
    Retail Counter 2.4 (C)
    Niko Tall Lamp (C)
    Niko Ceiling Lamp

Most likely it's something on MA side.

8. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

A bit more info: the black coat (originally purple) was textured in Aakas +blue
    The blotchy brown bustier (originally red) was textured in Aakas + orange
    I have some Aakas + purple that still looks much as before (aside from the "alien monster" bug )

Two factors whicjh might well play a part are background fields and paints coming out darker than before, but that clearly isn't the whole story.

The De-luxe Bustier was always difficult to texture due to the main field coming out darker. It looks to me (from this and other examples) like this effect has now been heightened :(

It looks like a LOT of things will need to be tweaked before customised clothing can regain its original looks. But it's really important to do this , and to get it right, as so many players have put loads of PED into these things already, only to find they now look awful. And what with Mr and Miss Caly being postponed, many people have very pricey , pretty recent texture jobs that they kept aside and never yet wore. Its not fair to expect those people to just start over again, investing a load more PED. Indeed, they will probably just lose heart

Is the blotchiness of Aakas an intentional "improvement" to add interest to the texture? I hope not. Please reconsider, if so. People go for the expensive Aakas rather than the dirt-cheap Halix because they don't want blotches (and also they do want shiny, ofc)

9. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

10. saradu

saradu Member

I don't understand why they say the bustiers were fixed. IMO they were not. once a pretty blue with whatever texture I have no idea since I bought it almost a year ago when I was new here, turned to red and green as others did, and now it is white. It is not back to what it was, so although I sort of like it white and will be wearing it more, I am not happy that what I had to pay for it being colored and textured has disapeared on me. Not sure of others bustiers, can only speak for mine, what texture/colors theres were I have no idea

11. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Some more disasters:

View attachment 6578
    Hmm "insert image" not wirking, now. will add more later

13. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

14. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

View attachment 6593
    View attachment 6594

I have also noticed that Jori goes much too dark when applied to some fields (this could be the problem above)

Ospra is a lot darker than formerly. I have a few clothes that are spoiled by this (will try to get more pics done)

15. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Loads more bugs have been posted on this thread on PCF, Some of them concerning Ark clothing

I'd like to add that all Arkadian clothes are now brown until fully repaired, or very close to full repair . This makes it extremely hard to tell them apart if you have a lot of tailored backstock (as I do). It would make it very hard to sell them in auction too.

16. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Since this is a bug report thread, the content is negative ofc. However, I gotta take my hat off to you guys for the really good redesign jobs you've done. Just compare with the shocking stuff on that PCF thread! Gotta quote myself ftom over there:

17. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the before and after pics that you guys managed to piece together already :)
    This will deffinatly help us in fixing the issue with the current textures and clothing.

Regards,
    Chris

18. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

The way an avatar holds the Arkadian keys is messed up now also, looks like you have a huge club at the end of your arm instead of holding a key in your hand.

19. dessy

dessy Member

I'll see what I can do with adding more of the before/after texture looks too.
    I took pictures of ~20 different "old" arkadia texture looks on clothes for previews:
    ( http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?3520-Texture-Color-Combination-Previews! )

I can start screenshotting all of those textures again with their current looks for easy before/after comparisons if that would help? It will take me some time though

20. dessy

dessy Member

Arkadia textures before and after, part 1: carabok, halix, ostelok, feran, jori and nusul.
    On the left side the old look, new look on the right.

View attachment 6602