1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A small tip for newbies

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Kinnison, May 2, 2012.

1. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Arkadia newbies can get some free equipment, including a hoverpod - but there is at least one thing that isn't explained too well, and that's the difference between loss of TT value (which can't be repaired) and structural integrity (which can).

I ran into a newbie yesterday who had tangled with some big mobs (oratan, I think) and had his shiny new hoverpod broken for him, although it was repairable. I gave him a free repair. :) And then gave him a ride to Celeste Outpost.

So, just for the record: Newbies, if your new vehicle gets broken it might be repairable. TT value damage can't be repaired, but structural integrity damage (SI damage) can; some nice person might fix it for you. :)

(The same applies to the truck given out for graduating, but by then you won't need the advice.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus New Member

thank you, and hello, kinni!

it was me; nice to have met you in a pickle situation; you helped me out good;

although my pod is ~50% now, i learned the lesson and stay away from ranged weapon mobs at all times;

gg

please, explain - what is that "GRADUATION" and where can i get it?

3. Cly

Cly Active Member

I believe the graduation he referred to is quite simply: finishing all the introduction quests from the Arkadia planet.

When you finish the starting quest chain, you get a reward which includes the vehicle as I recall.

4. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

not sure for this special case, but usually "Graduation" is used for the finishing of a discipleship.

You get a mentor, this starts a mission, and when you're done, you "graduate".

It's how I'd read it. Have fun!

5. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus New Member

who is my mentor and where do i find it?

6. avel

avel Member

Mentor is a teacher which is achieve something in the game, can and are capable to help start for new player (newcomer)

You can find them everywhere or just press "Y" ingame select "system" open 18 page and first will be "Mentor Register" where you can see all mentors in game and their status. Here on forum is section of Mentors link there you can find one of your contry or time line and much more.

7. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Sorry, I should have explained what graduation is. As already stated, graduation is at the end of being a disciple to a mentor. The idea, I think, is to get more experienced players to train newbies. You need to find a mentor, sign up, eventually reach a certain level in at least one skill, complete a few tasks and then you graduate - IIRC you need to register the fact on some system window or other. Sorry, but I can't remember the details. At that point you get some freebies (including the truck mentioned) and so does your mentor.

White Lotus, once again you're welcome.

8. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Mentor Graduation:

You have to do three tasks in order to graduate.
    1. Hunt with your mentor at least once in a team.
    2. Craft something, anything counts and you mentor does not need to be with you to accomplish.
    3. Mining something, anything counts here again and your mentor does not need to be with you to accomplish this.

On top of doing each of these tasks once you need to complete 100% progression in your discipleship. To progress you need to gain three types of skills, Anatomy, Engineering and Geology. Anatomy mainly gained while hunting, Engineering is mainly gained while crafting, and Geology is gained while mining. You can gain Anatomy and Engineering by doing other tasks as well for example healing people you can gain Anatomy, or while mining you can gain Engineering.

You can see your progression by clicking on the background you should have options about Mentoring. You can also find and add a mentor the same way. You can find a Thread dealing with Mentoring on this forum, it is split up into time zones so you can find a mentor on Arkadia that matches your playing time. I'd give that a first look when looking for a mentor.

This process is a lengthy one to graduate so don't expect to get it done in a day. I have heard some die hard grinders that can get it done in a week but most people take months.

The rewards for graduating is a nice red jeep(humvee) with blue rims and a full set of adjusted pixie armor.

Hope this helps explain mentoring a little.

9. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

You don't "need" to get skills in each of these, it is enough if you only get one of them. But these 3 is what counts to your % as others said, just wanted to make clear you don't need to skill all 3 if you don't like too

10. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Also, you'll find that each of these--hunting, crafting (or vehicle repairing), and mining--give different rates of progress toward your graduation (both number of peds spent and time). So if you find your progress really slow with one profession, try some others.