1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for the Arkadia team about Arkadia blueprint drops

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by jellyfish, Dec 7, 2011.

1. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

From what ive heard the arkadia blueprints were supposed to drop more often now, and the crappy generic (calypso) blueprints should drop less.

but i have just spent 20 thousand ped crafting level 3 weapons, and i do see one or two low MU arkadia blueprints in my inventory, but mainly it has been flooded by "laughling smacker, laughlin cutter, laughling, laughling, laughling, laughling, laughling" blueprints

i made several thousands of peds loss here trying to get a good arkadia blueprint

when will arkadia weapons blueprints start dropping at a more satisfying rate?

i thought i would try and get an arkadia weapons crafting economy going here, and all i got was a big hole in my pocket....

and the reason i put this here and not in the crafting section is because its a question for the developers, so i figured i could place it here? if not, sorry ^^

2. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hey Jellyfish,

I am working with MA to make Arkadia BP's drop more regularly but as I said in Zume's radio interview last week it is a work in progress.
    The Ark BP's do still drop and it sounds like you were pretty unlucky with your run. It certainly helps to get this feedback though as I push to get our BP's dropping more often.
    Cheers,
    Dave

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Dave said MA was working on it and was hoping for a solution soon, but I don't think it was ever announced that the BP distribution had been changed.

Edit: ^^ What he said. That's why we call them the A-Team :hail:

4. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

amazed at the speed at which you get replies around here :D
    i guess i made a miss... a miss that costed me alot of money :(
    naturally mindarks fault, as with most bad things that happen :)

thanks for the reply, and keep up the great work!

5. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

oh, i was very unclear in the post above, i wasn't talking about arkadia limited blueprints, i was referring to the unlimited blueprints.
    i did get a handfull of arkadia limited blueprints, but they are far from worth enough for me to profit :/

6. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

seems they did something with the fix ... at least same guy spammed the HOF chat with at least 6-7 UL ark bps discoveries in the last 10 mins

7. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

yeah i noticed...

i spend 23 thousand peds in ores and craft like a mad man and lose big time, and the next day one guy gets all the blueprints....
    sigh....

im glad my huge loss came to some use atleast....

8. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

I know ur pain ... it's "dynamic" - whatever that means :)

9. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

every single time something really bad happens the word "dynamic" shows up :)

10. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

so i did another run, this time with 22 thousand peds.

5 new blueprints, and once again a big hole in my pocket, but atleast i got something back this time.

the last 5 hours of the crafting run i only got laughlin, laughin, laughlin, laughlin, laughlin.... god i hate laughlin blueprints now

about 20 crappy calypso blueprints in a row

this round i lost around 10.000 ped

if these blueprints dont sell at very high prices im looking at another huge loss

11. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Why dont you just wait till MA has changed the BP drop rate.. David DID say they are still working on it..

12. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

did you not see the discovery hofs spamming the chat window yesterday? ;)
    it had been changed, else i wouldn't be back pumping peds into the slot machine

13. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

No offense but crafting just to loot some blueprints is generally speaking a very stupid idea.
    Then crafting jester d-2 which uses gazzurdite, lytairian and Caldorite (average markup 120%) is generally speaking also a very stupid idea.

The only reason why anyone would want to do that is they really like to gamble. People that gamble should expect losses.

That being said we could do with a lot more arkadian blueprints (or at least general blueprint books, to put all those laughlin's in :))

14. slither

slither Active Member

d-2 is actualy a decent print to use if you're bp hunting as it's got a low tt click compared to other lvl3 prints. 20% of 3tt is same as 10% of 6tt on a click per click basis.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

actually, the only stupid thing is your post ;)
    no offense, but you clearly dont know what you are talking about. bp hunting made me 40k peds in a week, so please, tell me how you think i should have done it differently.

16. harmony

Well you shouldn't have complained about losses, seems you are still well ahead.

17. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

and yeah, what slither said ^^

grats on your discoveries by the way slither.
    couldnt let you have ALL the shine though, so i also made two armor discoveries ^^

discovery farming is fun ^^

18. harmony

Good point slither. The point i was trying to make with the markup is that he shouldn't be complaining about losses since out of 20k spend, 8k of the losses is due to crafting tt stuff with high markup ingredients. If you like to gamble for blueprints that's fine. Then stick to complaining about low drop rates. Don't drag losses into it that is just the player's fault.

19. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

i have to disagree with you on that one too. see davids post. feedback like that apparently helps too ;)

20. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

and the complaints was not at the low TT return. that was expected.

what the whole point was is that the blueprints didn't drop, atleast not untill after my post. if it had anything to do with my post or not i dont know.